• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Small upgrade in speed of One Punch-man

Murata described Geryuganshoop's attacks as "near the speed of light."
So how should this be below 50%? Nor makes sense. When you say near , I believe that most interpret between 70 / 75%, which in this case would be Relativistic +.

I propose that the profiles be updated to Relativist + instead of Relativist, I think it is more consistent with the quote.

Yeah, I agree. "Near" lightspeed statements should be considered at least above 50% of SoL.

Pretty sure this was brought up before and only '''Relativistic''' was accepted. And the translation according to Kepekley said it had nothing to do with percentage and merely said Sublight speed.

No.

There is no statement on manga.

There is no feat on manga (150 000 kms in 1 second, or 5 m in 3.33333333e-8 seconds, etc).

Facts > statements and statements from databooks or any extra material are even below in credibility.

2019-05-07 0838

Technically not always the case. It depends on how accurate the databooks are. If it's something inconsistient or full of flowery language, then it obviously isn't really true.

Ofc not always. If for example all mobs from Boros' ship (or the guy/s with 5 heads) would have mhs+ feats and later in a databook Murata says that about this psychic guy then it would been another story.

Kepekley already addressed Relativistic+ a while back; "Near" is actually a slight mistranslation according to him. It's similar to Boros' planet busting feat is actually more translated as shave the earth. The literally translation simply says Sublight. And the best calc was only Sub-Relativistic iirc. And it was still agreed by other staff members that simply Relativistic is the highest we can allow for now.

Ronnijuro said:
No.

There is no feat on manga (150 000 kms in 1 second, or 5 m in 3.33333333e-8 seconds, etc).

Facts > statements and statements from databooks or any extra material are even below in credibility.
Sincerely your argument does not make sense, this has already been accepted by Staiff, I am only proposing something more coherent according to the justification of this speed.

We do not have the feat, but we have a direct quotation from the author of the work.

The statement should not be used only when it is contradicted, it has nothing to contradict it, so yes, it can be used.

DarkDragonMedeus said:
Kepekley already addressed Relativistic+ a while back; "Near" is actually a slight mistranslation according to him. It's similar to Boros' planet busting feat is actually more translated as shave the earth. The literally translation simply says Sublight. And the best calc was only Sub-Relativistic iirc. And it was still agreed by other staff members that simply Relativistic is the highest we can allow for now.
I sent the Kanjis to my friend who studies Japanese, when he answers I comment here again.

So I went to get the Kanji and I went to see and there was no mistake.

In fact the Kanji õ║£ means Sub , but when it joins the other Kanji the pronunciation can change.
Kanjito
In the case here it can be:

õ║£ÕàëÚǃ

Near light speed or sublight speed

Here they mean the same thing, just change the words.

Sub is basically something with a 'hierarchically inferior' sense.

Basically this is to show that this is a little below the speed of light.

I'd still prefer to here from Kepekley, Ryukama, or Matt for clarification. This was still brought up before and the same details were pretty much said.

USklaverei said:
Ronnijuro said:
No.

Sincerely your argument does not make sense, this has already been accepted by Staiff, I am only proposing something more coherent according to the justification of this speed.
We do not have the feat, but we have a direct quotation from the author of the work.

The statement should not be used only when it is contradicted, it has nothing to contradict it, so yes, it can be used.
Yeah sure, there is no feat on manga anywhere near that lvl of speed but my argument doesnt make sense, sure.

And I can give you countless examples of statements that are crap proving that author's words doesnt need to be true at all even if he/she is the one who wrote the story.

Facts > statements, that's a universal truth.

Yeah sure, there is no feat on manga anywhere near that lvl of speed but my argument doesnt make sense, sure.

> Genos deviating from various G4 lasers

> Boros with a single kick sent Saitama to the moon in 2 panels

> Murata on Twitter says he "feels" that Saitama was flying at lightning speed after being kicked by Boros

This shows how you do not know about Onepunch-man

And I can give you countless examples of statements that are crap proving that author's words doesnt need to be true at all even if he/she is the one who wrote the story.

You can give numerous examples and this will not change anything here, it's not because a statement is invalid in a work that will be at all, your argument is ridiculous.

Facts > statements, that's a universal truth.

As I have already mentioned, the statement should only be disregarded if it contradicts something, here nothing is contradicted, so yes, this can be used, it can as already is used.

" > Genos deviating from various G4 lasers "

lasers =/= lightspeed unless there are feats for it or at least some statements and logic on the verse where this happens

" > Boros with a single kick sent Saitama to the moon in 2 panels "

That's not even a speed feat bruh.

" > Murata on Twitter says he "feels" that Saitama was flying at lightning speed after being kicked by Boros "

And I posted once that I feel like can run a marathon after I took a good shit...

" This shows how you do not know about Onepunch-man "

And that you dont know how to analyse feats in fiction.

" As I have already mentioned, the statement should only be disregarded if it contradicts something, here nothing is contradicted, so yes, this can be used, it can as already is used. "

The contradiction is that there is not a single feat near that in speed. The guy is Dragon lvl threat and no Dragon lvl character has even a 1% of this speed for example.

lasers = / = lightspeed

It is stated that it is light, besides acting as such.

This is not even a feat of speed

Do you cross the distance from the moon to the earth is not a speed feat now? Interesting.

And you do not know how to analyze prowess in fiction.

That's not even a feat, it's a statement from the author, you do not even know what you're talking about.

"'The contradiction is that there is not a single feat near that in speed."'

Here we see that you also do not know what a contradiction is, regrettable.

õ║£ = literally the prefix "sub"

ÕàëÚǃ = "speed of light"

Thus, the more accurate translation is "sublight speed." Just because some translators render it as "near lightspeed" in order to make the term more recognizable for English audiences doesn't change what it actually means.

USklaverei said:
So I went to get the Kanji and I went to see and there was no mistake. In fact the Kanji õ║£ means Sub , but when it joins the other Kanji the pronunciation can change.
Kanjito
In the case here it can be:

õ║£ÕàëÚǃ

Near light speed or sublight speed

Here they mean the same thing, just change the words.

Sub is basically something with a 'hierarchically inferior' sense.

Basically this is to show that this is a little below the speed of light.
I mentioned it here. And in fact, the meaning is the same, it just changes the words

Afaik Murata has some freedom to include things in the manga, and what he includes he can give information about, what he doesn't he can't

Murata's word isn't totally worthless, but how this specific situation should be handled I not sure.

I think Murata stating Saitama could destroy Earth was also dismissed because of that, so Geryuganshoop's sublight statement should likely be treated similarly.

...Which would knock Saitama back down to Sub-Relativistic.

Yeah, I think Sub-Relativistic is actually the most reasonable given it's the best feat shown. But at best, baseline Relativistic is fine; disagree with Relativistic+

"It is stated that it is light, besides acting as such."

So what? Goku kid has a legit FTL speed for example (a feat where he is being literally faster than light), why he is only MHS+ here? Because logic, context, powerlvl, etc show us that is impossible for Kid Goku to be FTL, that's bullshit. So the light attack which he evaded doesnt work with that speed.

In OPM it's the same. The attack of this psy guy didnt show any LS or near LS feat, context, logic of verse, etc.

" Do you cross the distance from the moon to the earth is not a speed feat now? Interesting. "

Ofc it is not lol. This is stupid even to explain it.

"That's not even a feat, it's a statement from the author, you do not even know what you're talking about.

"'The contradiction is that there is not a single feat near that in speed."'

Here we see that you also do not know what a contradiction is, regrettable"

A statement from an author can be a ******* shit too, what do you not understand? Author can be a complete moron or one that doesnt give a shit about logic/physics/etc.

Context, verse powerlvls, lack of feats, etc. Name it how you want, contradiction or whatever.

I do not think Murata's words here should be discarded, and he even explains why he can throw the rocks at this speed.

Back