• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Small Spoilers for Future Episodes, but One Just Got a Crazy Feat

While leaving as little spoilers as possible: In one episode a group of trained unicorns (not sure how powerful, but they are apparently very skilled in magic, so I imagine they're fairly strong) cast a beams from their horns that hit the moon and create purple craters or glitter in the outline of a pony on it This happens in anywhere from 1 - 2 seconds. This could be a decent speed upgrade and maybe even AP too if we did a proper calc for it. Any thoughts?

Attack Potency and Speed Tags have been added since this affects them. This also isn't a full fledged CRT and more a discussion on this, since the episodes haven't officially aired in the U.S.

Js250476 said:
This caught me off guard as my mind was blown away today.
A friend of mine made a calc about the feat i'll Post it here for some thoughts and If it's good i'll put it in a blog.
Do you have a link to the actual post?

CBtheDB said:
Small question, but what was the frame rate for the video?
Sorry for the delay. When I was doing the calc, VLC told me it was 23.976 frames per second.

Thanks, just wanted to know that so I knew where you got the timeframe from. When it comes out on youtube, I'll send it to watchframebyframe and watch it by the centiseconds (sometimes frames can skip a couple centiseconds which can change the true start and end of a scene).

Actually, looking at the episode, the storm has a few sections where it's not stormy, and it definitely doesn't cover the entire horizon in a few spots. Might be a problem.

Just saw the youtube video. Calcing the speed.

The beams from the spell appear from the Unicorn horns at 18:30:61s and the Moon is encompassed by a white light exactly (and I do mean exactly) one second later at 18:31:61s. Pretty straightforward timeframe of 1s. An alternate timeframe is ending at 18:30:45 or 0.84s which is when the beams completely disappeared into the moon.

384472282 / 2.998e8 = 1.28242923c 384472282 / 0.84 = 457705098 m/s or 1.52670146c

Not much of a high end.

EDIT It just occurred to me that the lower right unicorns with the blue and red manes fired their beams at 18:30:70. New timeframe of 0.91s and 0.75s.

384472282 / 0.91 = 422497013 m/s or 1.40926289c 384472282 / 0.75 = 512629708 m/s or 1.70990563c

Js250476 said:
You wouldn't happen to be the new guy Vampire Queen108 would you?
Why yes I am truthfully

I had a hunch when I saw your username and remembered you had Marceline as your profile pic here.

Yeah I picked a different username (truthfully I was at first just gonna be a lurker but I thought why not give my input on some threads it'll be fine.)

Just watched the Chinese releases. Now, I can actually read this thread. The Moon feat seems fine. What's this about a downgrade?

Azathoth has problems with treating the sonic rainboom as an actual explosion and questions if it scales to people.

Phoenix821 said:
I couldn't really call the Rainboom the peak of her power while it does gived her a boost yes she can do it super casually now.
I agree, she even did it upwards in the special, which is way more difficult to do because of gravity.

Back