• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Bucking an elder tree (Applejack vs Elder Treant)

Peppersalt43

They/Them
We were just saying good morning : 7
Take no prisoners, kill them all! : 0
They create the ultimate apple tree : 0

6-B versions used
Speed equalized
Fight takes place in Sweet Apple Acres, 5 meters apart

I haven't done this in a while

It all started when the Cutie Map called her in on that faithful day. An Elder Treant has arrived to Equestria in order to perform negotiations and he needed a place to stay. Putting two and two together led to Applejack being the host for this old sapient plant who was brought to Sweet Apple Acres to stay. At first, it was an endearing effort and the orange pony earned praise from many, one of which being her friend Fluttershy who would often come over to visit the Elder Treant along with her associates. The elder himself was a wise old fellow, if not a little slow at speaking. He mostly used his mother language though when approached by negotiators or visitors, he is willing to speak their regular language.

However, this creature was also an eccentric, at least in the standard culture of the civilization of the horses. For starters, he requested for the apple cores of every harvested apple, not wanting to let a single seed go to waste. An odd and time-consuming request which the apple family agreed to as apple cores weren't exactly needed. Unfortunately the got into trouble when the Elder Treant began planting the seeds outside of Sweet Apple Acres, earning the ire of their neighbors.

Another time Tree Hugger visited the elder in order to join him in meditation as well as converse on their views. While this started out innocently, it ended with a patch of marijuana plants growing in the orchard and Applejack needing to explain its existence to the police. But the worst was when one of the many rot grubs in the Elder Treant's body fell off and being caught by little Apple Bloom. Wanting to get a cutie mark on entomology, she brought it to her friends to analyze it and as expected, it ended with her losing all the flesh in her right forehoof. This was the last straw.

"Please AJ, don't do this. He didn't mean to! Those grubs are a natural part of him that he needs to live-" Fluttershy said, desperately trying to convince her dear friend from possibly hurting the Elder Treant.
"Ah don't care! Ah have been listening to y'all ever since that dang tree set foot in mah farm no matter how much ah object! Now it hurt mah sister and ya want me to lie about mah feelings?! You, Flutters?!" Applejack replied angrily, scaring the yellow pegasus away.

The two found themselves in the middle of the orchard, the trees notably more lush and tall while their roots were fat and plentiful, almost to the point of tripping anyone who walks by it. And there stood the Elder Treant, slowly moving his arms and legs while swaying unnoticeably.

"What's he saying?!" the orange pony asked.
"Uh..." Fluttershy thought, understanding the language of the Treant "Apple bottom jeans?".

Applejack looked at her at disbelief before turning towards the elder and using her hind legs to kick it at the crotch, causing it great pain.

"Agh, my stamens" he said in her language.
"You have been a pain in the bum from the moment ya came ere! I never wanted ya in mah land and now you hurt mah sister!" Applejack yelled, fury in her eyes "YOU ARE GONNA BUCKING DIE, NOW!"

Oh and in case you're wondering what lesson she's supposed to learn from this, it's to know how to have nuance in expressing the truth about your feelings, especially when it involves someone else

Last edited:
I don't know how several of Elder Treant's abilities work. Anyone have scans of its manual page(s)?

For starters, I'm wondering if they move from the location of where they typically take root.

Elder Tree has a significant AP advantage, but from what I can tell (I have no knowledge on Elder Tree and just looked at the profile), AJ seems much more skilled. so idrk. Although given the speed equalization rules, AJ would have horrible travel speed compared to her combat speed, meaning she probably wouldn't be able to avoid any of Elder Tree's attacks by dodging, which might give him the win (although her being enraged might make a difference).

Uh, dodging is done via reaction speed, not travel speed. It's safer to assume it's lumped in with combat speed
I'm saying if the attack like spans a wide area then you need to run away to escape it.
No. Just no. Its profile basically states that it is far smarter than any non-supernatural human and can very well outskill people who can beat entire armies of soldiers
Alr, then he wins

And just to get this concluded

Old Tree FRA

And that's grace, thank you everyone

{Also in case you're wondering, this is allowed based on this thread}

Back