• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Small Immortality Revision

Status
Not open for further replies.
Continuing on from my previous threads.

Just like our Regeneration, Abstract Existence and Conceptual Manipulation pages, I've set my focus on our Immortality page since it's desperately in need of revisions, in specific the examples provided, since most of them consist of low-quality profiles that are without scans, references and or even somewhat decent explanations, which is terrible since they're the provided examples, our examples should be good, with using good profiles, not these dookie butter ass profiles. So I've remedied this issue through removing out the terrible profiles and replacing them with more up-to-date profiles, with scans and good explanations.

I've also removed the italic formatting from the wording of each specific tier, i have no idea why we do these when with basically every other power and abilities page we just use our basic font, it makes the page stand out in a weird way tbh.

But yeah that's everything, here's my blog, and here's our immortality page so y'all can compare and contrast the two to see the removed profiles and shit. If anyone has better examples than the ones I've provided then please tell and i'll add them to the blog.

Voting:

Agree - @LephyrTheRevanchist, @Crabwhale, @Qawsedf234, @Starter_Pack, @Deagonx

Disagree -

Neutral -

Last edited:
Deceived's weeb genes are really expressing themselves in this document. 90% Haponese shit.

In all seriousness, I would prefer if we presented a few more examples from stuff that isn't just manga/anime. I think a wide range of examples from different genres and different series is a good idea for any power page (unless it's a verse-specific power, but then again that goes without saying). Otherwise, this seems fine.

🗿

There's a pretty diverse amount of examples which aren't just anime/manga imo, for the actual breakdown.

9 examples are Manga/Anime
8 examples are Games/Visual Novels
1 example from a Comic Series
2 examples are from Chinese Novels
3 examples are from Movies

If you can provide other examples of similar quality then i'm fine with changing some out, it's just that Anime and Manga profiles tend to be of higher quality when compared to Game, Comic or Movie profiles sadly.

Last edited:
1 example from a comic series is pretty bad given that they make up, what, like 20% of all VS debating? One novel example as well

No tabletops/cartoons examples either. I would just recommend asking around for some more stuff that fits the criteria.

Actually, re-reading through the blog. I feel like Absolute Law doesn't even fit the standards for type 5 in the first place, and instead seems to be more like type 7 Immortality. I know it's the profile's issue and not the blog's, but still.
also why did you have to explain the abilities of the characters with type 8 immo

Just woke up, i'll make some changes to the examples provided in the blog later on.

also why did you have to explain the abilities of the characters with type 8 immo
Eh, i personally like it given the extra context it provides, but i can see why people would think it's repetitive.

What is this, like the 3rd revision you've done for pages like this?
yes-chad.gif

Alright, I've removed some anime/manga examples from the list and replaced them with comic and tabletop examples, hopefully that should be diverse enough for Bone's taste.

I've also removed the Type 8 explanations as well, the ones already present on the profiles themselves are just fine.

@Mad_Dog_of_Fujiwara It would be nice if those direct and blatant statements were actually on their profiles/linked in their immortality explanation....

1 example from a comic series is pretty bad given that they make up, what, like 20% of all VS debating? One novel example as well

No tabletops/cartoons examples either. I would just recommend asking around for some more stuff that fits the criteria.
:alien:

-included CHADka the Daemon Killa
Good boy.
stitch-cute-head-pat-pwi40xdm3ubg985n.gif

I'm proud of you.

Anyway I'd say this is good now, but since it is a revision to one of our most important power pages, I'd like to hear what a few others think. So,
Looks better, though still a bit slanted for Anime/Manga.

Better than the current version at least where Jason Voorhees is in half the justifications lol.

You put D&D in there just to tempt me, huh?

You're sick. Sick, I tell yah.

Ngl, I feel honored to have my profile listed as an example (That profile being Nathan Grantham from Creepshow). Pretty good example since his undead status actually gives him Immortality, and isn't a classification.

The blog looks good, and I am not just saying that because of Nathan. Ultimately a pretty inoffensive change.

Last edited:
Well since i have the approval of 4 (potentially 5 mods), with 3 (or 4) of them being admins, and zero disapprovals, i'm going to start making these changes here shortly.

I agree, although I believe you should re-include the bullets that are placed in front of each "Examples" line for readability.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back