• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Small Change to Odin (God of War)

On Odin's page, he has "Sealing (Sealed the realms of Asgard, Svartalfeheim, and Vanaheim and trapped Mimir inside a tree)"
This needs a slight revision, as per Lore and Legends
Screenshot_20210821-224559.jpg

image1.jpg

Odin sealed all the realms.
This dude really just sealed 9 space-times.
Also mimir being trapped in a tree should be changed to Fusionism
image0.png

Last edited:
On Odin's page, he has "Sealing (Sealed the realms of Asgard, Svartalfeheim, and Vanaheim and trapped Mimir inside a tree)"
This needs a slight revision, as per Lore and Legends
Screenshot_20210821-224559.jpg

Odin sealed all the realms.
This dude really just sealed 9 space-times.
I'd note this should be worded carefully to reflect travel to these realms
Maybe something like "was able to lock out all travel to the Nine Realms via the Bifrost".

Ragnarok could contradict this or provide limitations to Odin's Sealing (maybe involving the Unity Stone?)
Also mimir being trapped in a tree should be changed to Fusionism
image0.png
I feel Fusionism implies he's one with the tree when he's just being held in place by it here (at least based off wording).

I'd note this should be worded carefully to reflect travel to these realms
Maybe something like "was able to lock out all travel to the Nine Realms via the Bifrost".

Ragnarok could contradict this or provide limitations to Odin's Sealing (maybe involving the Unity Stone?)

I feel Fusionism implies he's one with the tree when he's just being held in place by it here (at least based off wording).
Yeah... No. There are no limitations, he straight up seals the space times individually. He doesn't seal the way you access them, or we would've never been able to travel to any realms in GoW 4. It even says in-game (Odin has prevented you access to this realm)
To go ahead and put this to rest
image0.jpg

image1.jpg

As you can see here, it's blatantly due to Odin's spells he isolates entire realms individually, not the way you access them.
The unity stone is a clear exception, it allows you to travel to other pantheons.

Fusionism is just that, he merged/binds Mimir into one with the tree.
image0.jpg

Yeah... No. There are no limitations, he straight up seals the space times individually. He doesn't seal the way you access them, or we would've never been able to travel to any realms in GoW 4. It even says in-game (Odin has prevented you access to this realm)
Except him preventing access to something via the Bifrost means he's sealed travel from that specific location; not necessarrily that he's split the whole of the space time continuum of the Realm.
To go ahead and put this to rest
image0.jpg

image1.jpg

As you can see here, it's blatantly due to Odin's spells he isolates entire realms individually, not the way you access them.
The comment of "isolating Svartelheim" again seems more like a reference to preventing travel between the realms which I'm assuming based on the comment about preventing fraternization between the Dwarves and Vanir.

We even get some implication with this in the wording of "Odin has denied you access to this realm" and one of your quotes from Atreus outright mentions Odin sealed travel to the realms; further implying that's what he did.

I'd recommend wait on applying any of this because Ragnarok is coming out relatively soon (check my discussion thread) and that could easily make or break either claim. We seem to be meeting new Dwarven characters so we could be heading to Svartelheim and I've heard rumors we could see Vanaheim
The unity stone is a clear exception, it allows you to travel to other pantheons.
Thing is that means The Stone can bypass Odin's sealing; ergo it's a limitation
Fusionism is just that, he merged/binds Mimir into one with the tree.
image0.jpg
Being "bound to" or "imprisoned within" something does not mean you are one with it; are you one with handcuffs if they're used to hold you in place? Are you fused with a prison cell if you're held within it? It's still just Sealing.

He didn't do anything to the bifrost, because if he did we wouldn't be able to travel at all. I can boot up GoW 2018 right now, go to the realm travel room, click alfheim and go to that realm. I can not go to asgard because Odin has sealed the realm.
I've posted a blatant scan stating Odin seals these realms individually with HIS OWN MAGIC. That alone nukes any belief that he tampered with some external force, it's his own power he does this individually. I don't know what's so hard about this, Odin's had sealing on his profile just like this for years now, this is the most minor CRT, it's just adding on the fact he went on to individually seal the rest of the realms during the time skip.
We are visiting all the realms in Ragnarok.

<Thing is that means The Stone can bypass Odin's sealing; ergo it's a limitation
It's not a limitation, it's something far beyond his capability and jurisdiction. He can seal all the realms in the norse pantheon, but he can't do anything to pantheons. The unity stone is capable of going to other pantheons, something that Odin and all the power he has is unable to do.

Being "bound to" or "imprisoned within" something does not mean you are one with it; are you one with handcuffs if they're used to hold you in place? Are you fused with a prison cell if you're held within it? It's still just Sealing.
How mimir became stuck in the tree is irrelevant to him, the only thing he cares about it the fact he can not get out of it. We literally see moss and tree roots growing out of mimirs body in-game, proving he's one with the tree.

He didn't do anything to the bifrost, because if he did we wouldn't be able to travel at all. I can boot up GoW 2018 right now, go to the realm travel room, click alfheim and go to that realm.
I'm not saying he's stopped the Bifrost working in general; I'm saying he's limiting it's ability to transport you to control the field.
I can not go to asgard because Odin has sealed the realm.
You cannot because because he's sealed it from the travel room; which even then is interesting because Baldur seems to imply he believes he can open a gateway using it.
You could take that as evidence for either case; don't really care tbh
I've posted a blatant scan stating Odin seals these realms individually with HIS OWN MAGIC. That alone nukes any belief that he tampered with some external force, it's his own power he does this individually.
You've posted scans referring specifically to travel to those realms; which is accessed through the Bifrost from several sites. You've got Atreus blatantly saying this and Freya saying similar statements
I don't know what's so hard about this, Odin's had sealing on his profile just like this for years now, this is the most minor CRT, it's just adding on the fact he went on to individually seal the rest of the realms during the time skip.
We are visiting all the realms in Ragnarok.
Hence my recommendation for patience; for all we know it's the Bifrost that's been sealed or we kill Odin and that's why we can travel there.
<Thing is that means The Stone can bypass Odin's sealing; ergo it's a limitation
It's not a limitation, it's something far beyond his capability and jurisdiction. He can seal all the realms in the norse pantheon, but he can't do anything to pantheons. The unity stone is capable of going to other pantheons, something that Odin and all the power he has is unable to do.
Something being beyond his capability is a limitation by definition
How mimir became stuck in the tree is irrelevant to him, the only thing he cares about it the fact he can not get out of it. We literally see moss and tree roots growing out of mimirs body in-game, proving he's one with the tree.
No the roots wrap around his torso and arms. He can't get out because the roots are nigh invulnerable; even to Mjolnir (it's why he resorts to assisted suicide in order to escape)

I'm not saying he's stopped the Bifrost working in general; I'm saying he's limiting it's ability to transport you to control the field.
Buddy, it clearly says Odin sealed off realms themselves with his own power. If he messed with Bifrost that would have been told directly.
Unless you have direct proof of so, I don't think your reasoning works.
Hence my recommendation for patience; for all we know it's the Bifrost that's been sealed or we kill Odin and that's why we can travel there.
I don't see the reason to wait, Ragnarock is still quite ways off. If you do find anything in future, you are free to make a thread.

Something being beyond his capability is a limitation by definition
Moreso feat of resistance for Unity stone.
No the roots wrap around his torso and arms. He can't get out because the roots are nigh invulnerable; even to Mjolnir (it's why he resorts to assisted suicide in order to escape
That doesn't explain why the tree is merged with him and making his biology tree like, with moss and all. This would be biological manipulation atleast.

well yeah....... For the example if i able to stop time and he is able to bypass it. Would that mean my stop time has limitation relative to his resistance ?. Obviously not. (unless there are direct proof) The limitation would be relative to the feat i showing

my time stop potent still same (according feat showing) and he will get resistance to time stop.

Last edited:
So that would mean kratos has healing negation and Accelerated Development negation (able to disable the process of draugr become stronger) ?

There's a lot of small stuff in Lore and Legends, but this is just a very minor CRT to just add onto what's already there on the profile.

What does this Sealing do in practice? I'm not sure I get it tbh.

I see nothing about Fusionism to be honest.
Plant matter naturally grows on anything that's near them. Rocks gather moss for this reason, and they aren't one with the moss. You could also speculate that the tree is absorbing him like how IRL plants absorb humus. That's still nothing about Fusionism. If he were really one with the tree, Mimir could just uproot himself (while still being stuck on the tree) and we'd have a walking tree rather than a talking head as a companion.
That doesn't explain why the tree is merged with him and making his biology tree like, with moss and all. This would be biological manipulation atleast.
What I said applies to this too. Odin would just have very potent plant manipulation (and maybe law manipulation? he made it so that not even Mjolnir can break the tree or something, reminds me of ye olde magic imposing unbreakable and specific rules)

@Ecstasy_Amphetamine it seals the realms away so no one could enter or leave.

the magic forced Mimir to be binded to the tree so he’s essentially stuck via Odin’s magic. There’s a reason Kratos chopped off his head so he wouldn’t be stuck in the tree anymore so that point isn’t really relevant.

Hmm okay, so it should be sealing. I don't see why people are arguing about it. Pretty straightforward. Though it seems like they're arguing about whether the sealing isolates the realms entirely or just restricts the means of travel, idk about that tbh

Either way it's not fusionism, just Mimir being stuck in the unbreakable tree which is plant manipulation.

Back