• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Slime Fight! (Venom Ooze vs Melting Love)

Stamina: Infinite
(With no justification listed in the Stamina section for the Infinite Stamina?)

Oh, & I guess there's Range?
Melting Love:
Range: Extended melee range
Venom Ooze:
Range: Melee range

But neither have justifications, so I don't know how/if Range is relevant here.
For the infinite stamina it's mostly from it never needing to sleep.
Also does melee range really need to be justified?
Slimes in D&D can be damaged by various means including melee attacks. Nothing suggests that they are more resistant due to being amorphous (The durability section doesn't mention that its physiology makes it harder to kill and even then, it would have unknown durability) and the fact that it has health means that BLACK damage can at least hit the slime where it hurts
Unless it's a magical melee attack or has elemental properties it shouldn't really effect an ooze, it's an ooze
Try punching a blob to death lol

For the infinite stamina it's mostly from it never needing to sleep.
Also does melee range really need to be justified?
Even if it can't fling parts of itself, or shoot poisonous ooze or something, whether or not such would happen when damaged?
Can it not swing itself forward, or stretch its body?

Do we know the size of it?
Unless it's a magical melee attack or has elemental properties it shouldn't really effect an ooze, it's an ooze
Try punching a blob to death lol
My stance is the mental part of BLACK damage wouldn't affect the Slime, but physical might, maybe, depending on how it works.
& as for Melting Love, Melting Love's attacks might be able to damage it through physical force or maybe the amorphism? Their fluids mixing & each's mass being negatively affected by the foreign fluid presence in it.

Even if it can't fling parts of itself, or shoot poisonous ooze or something, whether or not such would happen when damaged?
Can it not swing itself forward, or stretch its body?
It's still its body, I personally don't tend to label reaching stuff with your body as greater range
Do we know the size of it?
12 feet in diameter and weighs half a ton
My stance is the mental part of BLACK damage wouldn't affect the Slime, but physical might, maybe, depending on how it works.
& as for Melting Love, Melting Love's attacks might be able to damage it through physical force or maybe the amorphism? Their fluids mixing & each's mass being negatively affected by the foreign fluid presence in it.
Again it's an ooze, trying to punch it just doesn't work so if the physical portion of black damage is just regular attacks I don't see it being effective
As for mixing ehhhhhh I imagine with superior LS the Venom Ooze could keep itself fully in tact and not let the Melting Love seep into it?

It's still its body, I personally don't tend to label reaching stuff with your body as greater range

12 feet in diameter and weighs half a ton
12 feet=3.6576 meters
Type 0 (Supersize): Characters far larger than an ordinary human. These are "giants", if you will. The size for this level begins at 2.72 meters tall, based on the tallest known human in history.
So in that case, Venom Ooze may be missing Large Size Type 0.
Although I'm not sure that would change its range.
Again it's an ooze, trying to punch it just doesn't work so if the physical portion of black damage is just regular attacks I don't see it being effective
Yeah I would assume it could be less effective, depending on what the physical portion of BLACK damage is.
As for mixing ehhhhhh I imagine with superior LS the Venom Ooze could keep itself fully in tact and not let the Melting Love seep into it?
Probably.

12 feet=3.6576 meters
Type 0 (Supersize): Characters far larger than an ordinary human. These are "giants", if you will. The size for this level begins at 2.72 meters tall, based on the tallest known human in history.
So in that case, Venom Ooze may be missing Large Size Type 0.
Although I'm not sure that would change its range.
The page was made before the recent changes to type 0 so yah

This won't lead to a stomp, right?
Doubtful. Melting Love can still win with BLACK damage & maybe other OoC stuff, I think, & winning is probably only a probability since the potency of Venom Ooze's poison is certainty.
The page was made before the recent changes to type 0 so yah
Do you have any opinion on whether this could be a stomp or not?

Do you think Melting Love has plausible/reasonable win conditions, even if they are not the most likely result or not the most likely to result in Melting Love winning?
If so, what?

I don’t really care for the match, I just commented to clarify things about the Ooze

Back