• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Stat equalization Tournament for the Undead Round 4! (Ed the Zombie vs Ghoul (Dungeons and Dragons)) (0-3-0)

So the Lacedon typically starts with it's paralyzing touch and can use its stealth or surface scaling to get in on its opponents

Ed has this:
Regeneration (At least High-Mid; can reform himself after being sliced to pieces, likely Low-High; Shown to even be capable of reforming himself after having his body dissolved in acid)

Is it combat applicable, in terms of time to execute?

Looking at what the Lacedon has, it should have General Ghoul powers plus Regular Ghoul powers, so, let's go over notable stuff from that:

....Uhhh.
Well, let's see. Ghoul Fever has a 24 hour incubation period. The paralysis effect notedly doesn't work on elves or UNDEAD (Like Ed!), their Biological Manipulation to harm the nerves seems to be a part of that nerve damaging attacks.

Would Ed's type of zombie be vulnerable? Apparently, the nerve damaging effect is imbued from the energy of The Negative Material Plane.

The best I can think of that it has is this: Status Effect Inducement (Can stun[13] enemies). Unfortunately, IDK how this works, or when it's used, & the Range is lacking:
Range: Melee range | Melee range

It also has a great stealth bonus, but presuming the combatants are starting aware of each other, IDK how helpful that is.

A general ghoul ability is burrowing, but.... Well, ghouls do have warrens that can be vast networks, & are often "little more than crawlways". Many tunnels in warrens are enlarged to allow an upright stance. & ghouls do emerge from underground when "born".

Ghouls also have good climbing skills.

To my surprise, Lacedons have Average Human Intelligence:

Below Average to Average (Have intelligence scores between 9[13] and 11[13] which is that smart)

But unfortunately, they're also kinda insane:
Weaknesses: Must[3] eat flesh[34] once in a while to keep full abilities and they're weak to radiant damge[7]. Ghouls also possess various[1] thumb[1] | Same as a regular Ghoul
(Speaking of, the latter part of that justification seems... curiously worded. Did someone miswrite it??)

See that "various[1] thumb [1]" part? Well, quoting those 2 links:
"Bereft of sanity, ghouls and ghasts are all afflicted with some form of mental aberration (selected from the insanities in the DUNGEON MASTERS GUIDE). Common afflictions include paranoia,"
"hallucinations, megalomania or delusional insanity, monomania, and split personalities."

For those who don't know, monomania is: "exaggerated or obsessive enthusiasm for or preoccupation with one thing.".
Since it MAY have any of those, IDK if it's OP's call or not if the ghoul has them.

As a lacedon, it, may have also been a former sailor, according to in-universe speculation, apparently.
& there's its senses: Enhanced Senses (All undead have night vision[2]), & Same as a regular Ghoul but with greater Enhanced Senses (Can detect corpses[11] better than vultures[12])

Meanwhile, Ed:
Intelligence: Average (Was a prominent athlete while alive, can navigate through complex obstacle courses and is shown to use his zombified body in clever ways, such as throwing his head as a projectile and intentionally dismembering his legs to fit through small spaces, he is also capable of devising effective strategies in taking down large robots)

Say, was Range Equalized?
Range: Standard Melee Range, Several meters by throwing his head

Oh, & is Stamina Equalized?
Ed:
Stamina: Superhuman (Being a zombie, he's never been shown to tire and is completely unbothered by injuries that can critically injure and/or even kill average humans)
Ghoul/Lacedon:
Stamina: Infinite (Can never get exhausted[4])

So to summarize its pros & cons:

Lacedon's Pros:
1. Very good at climbing, stealth, & can "withstand" "terrain that tax a person's balance", so it might have the mobility edge.
2. Very good at finding Ed due to night vision & being able to detect corpses
3. Underground mobility & burrowing is KIND OF useful but doesn't seem in-character
4. Frightful Dirge can do a stun effect. However, IDK how or when the Lacedon will use this, if it can or will spam it, nor if this has a range other than melee range.
The noun "dirge" is defined as:
1. "A mournful poem or piece of music composed or performed as a memorial to a dead person."
2. (informal) "A song or piece of music that is considered too slow, bland or boring."
(So maybe it's sound based?? Hopefully. Or maybe the name is irrelevant, IDK.)
5. Burrowing may not be viable in an Abandoned Lab, presuming laboratory ground is sturdy.
6. Stealth & climbing could be helpful in a lab.
7. If Stamina isn't Equalized, it may have an edge in Stamina at "Infinite" vs "Superhuman" since it can't get exhausted, whereas Ed has only "never been shown to tire and is completely unbothered by injuries".

Lacedon's Cons:
1. Ghoul Fever takes too long to work & likely won't work.
2. Paralysis Inducement & Biological Manipulation also may not work unless Ed is a type of undead Negative Material Plane Energy somehow isn't harmful to.
3. If Ed's Regeneration is combat applicable, the ghoul may be unable to win unless it can find a way to restrain Ed.... Problem is, Ed is likely at least
4. Ed may outrange by throwing his head.
5. If Ed's Regeneration is combat applicable, the Lacedon needs to realize it can't kill it & figure out to trap/restrain Ed.
6. The Lacedon does not have Regeneration of its own.
7. The Lacedon may be insane, being "bereft of sanity", as common afflictions include paranoia, & seemingly also, hallucinations, megalomania or delusional insanity, monomania, and split personalities, if I'm interpreting the scans right. Presumably, which of those, if any, the Lacedon has might be OP's ( @koopa3144 ) call, or the call of whoever submitted it.

If Ed's Regeneration is combat applicable, the Lacedon will have to trap Ed. Thank goodness it has Average Human Intelligence!
Its best chance would be to do something like ambush Ed with Stealth Mastery, Climbing or maybe Burrowing, possibly Stun him with Frightful Dirge then shove Ed into a cupboard or a fridge or something, then barricade the door. (Funnily enough, just like in a typical zombie movie.)

The issue with this strategy is Ed's Body Control:
Body Control (Can use his head as a projectile, and reattach it to his body at will), & also: Resistance to Pain

Given Ed's intelligence, if there's any gap in his container, given his intelligence explicitly mentions "can navigate through complex obstacle courses and is shown to use his zombified body in clever ways, such as throwing his head as a projectile and intentionally dismembering his legs to fit through small spaces", Ed might be able to like, detach an arm, slip it through the gap in the container, & then remove the barricade, if he can do it blindly.
....Assuming he can't just break open the container from inside, being that he's 9-B.

But Attack Potency/Striking Strength doesn't NECESSARILY equal Environmental Destruction, it just means you can harm character on that level, so let's check what he can do....

Attack Potency: Wall level (Can bust through wooden barricades by rolling into them, capable of destroying television cameras by jumping on them, and is comparable to a zombified Ben who can kill regular humans with a single bite)
Durability: Wall level (Can shrug off impacts from giant hammers and cannonballs, he's also capable of surviving falls from great heights, being shot over long distances through a cannon, having his body sliced to pieces, and hits from robots that completely tower over him)

....Does Ed not have a calc?
Depending on if we equalize to lower stats here or not, Ed might be baseline, which would hinder his chances of escaping an encasement.

Admittedly, "destroying" TV cameras by jumping on them might require momentum Ed might not have while trapped, so yeah.

Durability: Wall level (Can shrug off impacts from giant hammers and cannonballs, he's also capable of surviving falls from great heights, being shot over long distances through a cannon, having his body sliced to pieces, and hits from robots that completely tower over him)

Questions:
1. How does Frightful Dirge work? When can/will the Lacedon use it & how? Is it sound-based? Its stun effect is probably quite important here.
2. What's in the environment? It's important here, giving the Lacedon has stealth, burrowing & climbing skills.
3. How long does Ed's Regeneration take?
4. Does Ed have a calc & if not are we equalizing Attack Potency/Striking Strength baseline? If Regen is combat applicable, then the Lacedon needs to trap Ed in something, ideally something he can't break open nor escape by detaching his limbs to put them through gaps. (Like a safe or a barricaded metal cabinet.)
5. Is Ed a type of zombie/undead that Negative Material Plane Energy will not harm? Nerve damaging attacks MIGHT be helpful, if Ed's nerves even still exist/matter.
6. Is Range Equalized?
7. Is Stamina Equalized?

Pardon all the words & possible redundancies, please. Hope this helps.

Last edited:
Eds first regen can be used but the second one doesnt work as far as I know.

Ed starts with getting a jump on him and eating and ripping him to shreds btw

Ed can also throw his head away and a lot more to regenarate from it. He can basically use his limbs anyway he wants

Doesn't work? How do you mean?
You mean in regards to behaviour, right? As opposed to Ed "rips the Lacedon to shreds in terms of how easily Ed wins this match"?
Ed can also throw his head away and a lot more to regenarate from it. He can basically use his limbs anyway he wants
He can Regenerate from wherever he puts his head?

If I recall, a lot of D&D effects ignore detached parts and affect the whole creature whenever the effect hits so if any of his limbs get touched, he's getting paralyzed

If I recall, a lot of D&D effects ignore detached parts and affect the whole creature whenever the effect hits so if any of his limbs get touched, he's getting paralyzed
As I noted in my post, the paralysis effect says it works on things other than elves & undead. So unless Ed's a type of undead that's exempt from such effects of Negative Material Plane Energy, I doubt it.

By the way, can you answer any of my questions, please? Perhaps those about Frightful Dirge?

Tbh Ed can move when he is supposed to be immobile like as a head

Heres the thing I learned I think Ed needs to repair himself after regenaration. Thats what the game master was doing so basically Ed regens his arms but he is still in pieces he grabes his pieces and regains his body. Both of them are combat appicable

Tbh Ed can move when he is supposed to be immobile like as a head
I believe that's Body Control, which being Stunned might (temporarily) invalidate; Frightful Dirge, in D&D gameplay, only lasts 1 round
Heres the thing I learned I think Ed needs to repair himself after regenaration. Thats what the game master was doing so basically Ed regens his arms but he is still in pieces he grabes his pieces and regains his body. Both of them are combat appicable
So Ed CAN pull off the "Regenerate from having his body dissolved in acid" feat in a combat applicable manner?\

Or wait, is that Fear?
Relevant scan:
Open_Grave_4e_Pages_154_%283%29.png

So Ed CAN pull off the "Regenerate from having his body dissolved in acid" feat in a combat applicable manner?
Basically even if he dies in acid Game master grabs his regenarated pieces and puts them together. So Ed can use it combat but it will be hard since he has to put his limbs together.

Basically even if he dies in acid Game master grabs his regenarated pieces and puts them together. So Ed can use it combat but it will be hard since he has to put his limbs together.
Good to know.

So that means the Lacedon would probably have to realize Ed can't be beaten down (Possible, because Average Human Intelligence.) & trap Ed in something in the "Abandoned Lap" location this takes place in according to the Opening Post.
Can the ghoul even survive a brutal attack from Ed?
AFAIK, all statistics except Range & Intelligence are Equalized (& even if they weren't, is Ed not baseline, due to being calc-less?), so it should be able to survive at least some.
& even then, due to being able to stun with Frightful Dirge (Or Fear? I can't tell from the scan. Help, please?) & having Stealth Mastery (IIRC, it's like a +14 to Stealth; Any D&D experts know of any good comparisons for that?) as well as being a skilled climber. Depending on terrain, it might also be able to burrow, but IIRC, Ghouls only burrow to approach, or make warrens/tunnels.

Still, between the means of stunning, the climbing & stealth, it could definitely find a way to position itself well, I think.

Good to know.

So that means the Lacedon would probably have to realize Ed can't be beaten down (Possible, because Average Human Intelligence.) & trap Ed in something in the "Abandoned Lap" location this takes place in according to the Opening Post.
Ed has the IQ advantage since his feats are way high into average IQ lol. It can also escape complex mazes so
AFAIK, all statistics except Range & Intelligence are Equalized (& even if they weren't, is Ed not baseline, due to being calc-less?), so it should be able to survive at least some.
AP is equalized so
& even then, due to being able to stun with Frightful Dirge (Or Fear? I can't tell from the scan. Help, please?) & having Stealth Mastery (IIRC, it's like a +14 to Stealth; Any D&D experts know of any good comparisons for that?) as well as being a skilled climber. Depending on terrain, it might also be able to burrow, but IIRC, Ghouls only burrow to approach, or make warrens/tunnels.

Still, between the means of stunning, the climbing & stealth, it could definitely find a way to position itself well, I think.
I see but remember Ed is also really agile and can jump really high. It will jump on the ghoul and start to shred and bite him into pieces

Ed has the IQ advantage since his feats are way high into average IQ lol. It can also escape complex mazes so
Yeah, I'm aware, but when Ed's looking for the other zombie who's hostile to him & suddenly disappeared from sight somehow during a moment of paralysis for Ed, I doubt Ed's first instinct is going to be "I should stay away from any cupboards in case the zombie tries to shove me into it & barricade the door.".

But yes, if there's gaps in the container or such, Ed could definitely get out, I discussed that.
AP is equalized so
People don't break their arms throwing a punch, characters where the Attack Potency/Striking Strength match the Durability don't one-shot each other. We have a 7.5x one-shot range for when in-universe difference in power range to one-shot isn't known for a reason.
I see but remember Ed is also really agile and can jump really high. It will jump on the ghoul and start to shred and bite him into pieces
Speed is equalized, so he can't catch up entirely easily. Also, source on jumping really high?
There's also the issue Ed could be stunned, or due to the Lacedon's Stealth, not know where to jump to, having lost track of the Lacedon.
& presuming LS is equal, the Lacedon could push Ed off, especially if only gripping with his teeth. Not to mention being kicked in the chest or such. Then while Ed's falling from where he jumped to, the ghoul can get out of sight again or such. Or jump off the wall or such to tackle Ed & shove him in some place or like, put Ed's head or arm in a jar or the fridge or such, stunning Ed again if need be.

Yeah, I'm aware, but when Ed's looking for the other zombie who's hostile to him & suddenly disappeared from sight somehow during a moment of paralysis for Ed, I doubt Ed's first instinct is going to be "I should stay away from any cupboards in case the zombie tries to shove me into it & barricade the door.".

But yes, if there's gaps in the container or such, Ed could definitely get out, I discussed that.

People don't break their arms throwing a punch, characters where the Attack Potency/Striking Strength match the Durability don't one-shot each other. We have a 7.5x one-shot range for when in-universe difference in power range to one-shot isn't known for a reason.

Speed is equalized, so he can't catch up entirely easily. Also, source on jumping really high?
There's also the issue Ed could be stunned, or due to the Lacedon's Stealth, not know where to jump to, having lost track of the Lacedon.
& presuming LS is equal, the Lacedon could push Ed off, especially if only gripping with his teeth. Not to mention being kicked in the chest or such. Then while Ed's falling from where he jumped to, the ghoul can get out of sight again or such. Or jump off the wall or such to tackle Ed & shove him in some place or like, put Ed's head or arm in a jar or the fridge or such, stunning Ed again if need be.
3:03 for the jump its pretty high for an average human

Looks like the blade comes up to roughly his chest & he jumps at least its height. I'd estimate at least 4 meters.

So how relevant depends on what Speed is equalized to & probably how the walls & ceilings of the lab go.
There might also be issue of the Lacedon stunning Ed midair or jumping/dropping onto Ed.

Surprising Ed lacks Acrobatics on his profile, especially considering he was a skilled athlete in life, even if the "Candy Fun Marathon" thing he participate in when Ed was alive sounds like it just means a lot of running, given the term "marathon"; But please do correct me if it's more than just running.

Surprising Ed lacks Acrobatics on his profile, especially considering he was a skilled athlete in life, even if the "Candy Fun Marathon" thing he participate in when Ed was alive sounds like it just means a lot of running, given the term "marathon"; But please do correct me if it's more than just running.
His profile sucks, he def has that

Personally, my stance is it depends slightly on the dimensions of the "Abandoned Lab" the OP specifies this match takes place in.

For the Lacedon, it has to realize it can't beat down Ed (Plausible when Ed keeps detaching & retaching himself or rebuilding himself from the head down.), & then shove Ed, either whole, or in parts into containers, like jars, or barricaded/locked fridges, etc.

The Stun ability (IDK if it's called Fear or Frightful Dirge.) could also help, as could climbing & stealth, since it's easier to shove someone in somewhere when you can temporarily immobilize them &/or ambush them from behind to shove them. Having night vision & enhanced senses to detect corpses also helps very slightly.

Ex: Fighting happens, both live, Lacedon realizes Ed can't be beaten down, Stun Ed, get out of sight/climb somewhere, drop down, stun Ed again, then shove him whole or in part into a jar.

There's also the question of what the Lacedon's stun are. If it's Fear or Frightful Dirge; I'm wondering how it works, if it's sound-based, etc. Any D&D experts know? @Peppersalt43 ?
Also, Ed is a kind of Undead exempt from the detrimental effects of exposure to Negative Material Plane Energy, right?

For Ed, since stats are equalized, his win condition seems to be getting into melee & or beating down the Lacedon by throwing his head a lot. Being able to jump good may also help, as said, depending on the dimensions of the lab, since the Lacedon might be able to climb out of range.
There's also a risk that since they're equal in LS, when he tries to jump at the Lacedon, with a whole or partial body part, he gets pushed off (Because Equalized stats means equal LS & he's likely gripping the Lacedon with less than the Lacedon is using to grip the wall or gets kicked in the chest.) or gets stunned.

Personally, my stance is it depends slightly on the dimensions of the "Abandoned Lab" the OP specifies this match takes place in.

For the Lacedon, it has to realize it can't beat down Ed (Plausible when Ed keeps detaching & retaching himself or rebuilding himself from the head down.), & then shove Ed, either whole, or in parts into containers, like jars, or barricaded/locked fridges, etc.

The Stun ability (IDK if it's called Fear or Frightful Dirge.) could also help, as could climbing & stealth, since it's easier to shove someone in somewhere when you can temporarily immobilize them &/or ambush them from behind to shove them. Having night vision & enhanced senses to detect corpses also helps very slightly.

Ex: Fighting happens, both live, Lacedon realizes Ed can't be beaten down, Stun Ed, get out of sight/climb somewhere, drop down, stun Ed again, then shove him whole or in part into a jar.

There's also the question of what the Lacedon's stun are. If it's Fear or Frightful Dirge; I'm wondering how it works, if it's sound-based, etc. Any D&D experts know? @Peppersalt43 ?
Also, Ed is a kind of Undead exempt from the detrimental effects of exposure to Negative Material Plane Energy, right?

For Ed, since stats are equalized, his win condition seems to be getting into melee & or beating down the Lacedon by throwing his head a lot. Being able to jump good may also help, as said, depending on the dimensions of the lab, since the Lacedon might be able to climb out of range.
There's also a risk that since they're equal in LS, when he tries to jump at the Lacedon, with a whole or partial body part, he gets pushed off (Because Equalized stats means equal LS & he's likely gripping the Lacedon with less than the Lacedon is using to grip the wall or gets kicked in the chest.) or gets stunned.
Eds parts share the same AP and KS btw. His head has the same strenght as his body

Eds parts share the same AP and KS btw. His head has the same strenght as his body
KS? Do you mean Lifting Strength?

So if he played tug of war with his head on one end of the rope biting it by his teeth & his arm on the other end, they'd tie??
What if it was his head vs both arms?
Or 1 arm vs both arms & a leg? Surely he can't match 2 of his own limbs with 1, so his head matching his whole body seems weird.

& matching your whole body's LS with only a part of it seems weird.

KS? Do you mean Lifting Strength?

So if he played tug of war with his head on one end of the rope biting it by his teeth & his arm on the other end, they'd tie??
What if it was his head vs both arms?
Or 1 arm vs both arms & a leg? Surely he can't match 2 of his own limbs with 1, so his head matching his whole body seems weird.

& matching your whole body's LS with only a part of it seems weird.
I mean his head can do the same feats as his body so maybe you can argue his LS is less but the AP is the sane

I mean his head can do the same feats as his body so maybe you can argue his LS is less but the AP is the sane
Feels a bit weird if he can just split his body into like, multiple limbs that all have the same LS as what the opponent was equalized to, even though those multiple parts are all part of the same body.

Feels a bit weird if he can just split his body into like, multiple limbs that all have the same LS as what the opponent was equalized to, even though those multiple parts are all part of the same body.
Yeah its weird but it is what it is. So who do you lean over to?

Yeah its weird but it is what it is. So who do you lean over to?
Frankly I'm skeptical that split up parts should have the same LS as their whole. What's the basis for it?

Even so, it should be plausible to remove individual parts grabbing; Even if a single matched the LS of the Lacedon, it won't weigh much at all, so it should be able to be thrown/shaken off; The lowest LS among these combatants is:
Lifting Strength: Class 1 (Can push almost 700 kg[4]) | Class 1 (Should be as strong as a regular Ghoul)

So whether it's equalized to lowest or highest, that should be plenty enough to yeet the mass of Ed's individual parts.

That said, I'd lean towards the Lacedon. It's very hard to track, & being able to stun Ed, even temporarily lets it keep Ed, who's primarily a melee fighter with a projectile & acrobatic from doing much until it figures out how to take 'em down.

Frankly I'm skeptical that split up parts should have the same LS as their whole. What's the basis for it?

Even so, it should be plausible to remove individual parts grabbing; Even if a single matched the LS of the Lacedon, it won't weigh much at all, so it should be able to be thrown/shaken off; The lowest LS among these combatants is:
Lifting Strength: Class 1 (Can push almost 700 kg[4]) | Class 1 (Should be as strong as a regular Ghoul)

So whether it's equalized to lowest or highest, that should be plenty enough to yeet the mass of Ed's individual parts.

That said, I'd lean towards the Lacedon. It's very hard to track, & being able to stun Ed, even temporarily lets it keep Ed, who's primarily a melee fighter with a projectile & acrobatic from doing much until it figures out how to take 'em down.
Ed is smarter so its gonna be hard to trick or trap him. I am leaning over to Ed

Ed is smarter so its gonna be hard to trick or trap him. I am leaning over to Ed
I'm sorry to repeat myself, but:
& Ed is good at puzzle solving & navigating obstacle courses with his body, that doesn't mean he'll be able to counter stealth &/or being stunned reliably.

For one, being smart doesn't mean you know what direction an unseen opponent is approaching from, & being smarter doesn't prevent you being immobilized.

So my vote is for the Lacedon.

I'm sorry to repeat myself, but:

& Ed is good at puzzle solving & navigating obstacle courses with his body, that doesn't mean he'll be able to counter stealth &/or being stunned reliably.

For one, being smart doesn't mean you know what direction an unseen opponent is approaching from, & being smarter doesn't prevent you being immobilized.

So my vote is for the Lacedon.
Poor Ed but how can he be stopped? His regen is too much

Poor Ed but how can he be stopped? His regen is too much
That'll be a problem for the next combatant.

The Lacedon just has to trap him in like, a barricaded fridge, or put his limbs into jars or such; Just trap him such that he can't use his detachable limbs to get out.

That'll be a problem for the next combatant.

The Lacedon just has to trap him in like, a barricaded fridge, or put his limbs into jars or such; Just trap him such that he can't use his detachable limbs to get out.
Makes sense tbh I am still voting Ed His regen will give him enough time to kill Lacedon with his bites

Makes sense tbh I am still voting Ed His regen will give him enough time to kill Lacedon with his bites
& I'm assuming the Lacedon could throw off the biting head since equal LS & Striking Strength & a detached head doesn't have much mass. Plus, Ed makes his regeneration kinda foreseeable by detaching his limbs & such. The hurdle it presents might be realized before its first useage, & melee combat is made easier by stunning.

& I'm assuming the Lacedon could throw off the biting head since equal LS & Striking Strength & a detached head doesn't have much mass. Plus, Ed makes his regeneration kinda foreseeable by detaching his limbs & such. The hurdle it presents might be realized before its first useage, & melee combat is made easier by stunning.
Ed doesnt start with head throw. He rushes and attacks biting etc brutally

Ed doesnt start with head throw. He rushes and attacks biting etc brutally
Even at range?
But Ed is equal in LS to the Lacedon, since Stats are Equalized, so pushing him away (Especially when it can immobilize him, even temporarily.) is viable.
Nonetheless, the win condition of the Lacedon is seeing that Ed will regenerate, & from there, just incapacitate Ed by putting his parts or whole into containers. With stealth &/or climbing to help get the jump on Ed if need be.

Even at range?
Yes
But Ed is equal in LS to the Lacedon, since Stats are Equalized, so pushing him away (Especially when it can immobilize him, even temporarily.) is viable.
Same goes for Ed tho. Nothing is stopping him from pushing him down and biting its neck
Nonetheless, the win condition of the Lacedon is seeing that Ed will regenerate, & from there, just incapacitate Ed by putting his parts or whole into containers. With stealth &/or climbing to help get the jump on Ed if need be.
And how is that faster than Ed just killing it?

Yes

Same goes for Ed tho. Nothing is stopping him from pushing him down and biting its neck
Except the Lacedon being gripped to the wall, while Ed would have a grip on the Lacedon, a less sturdy thing to hold. (Besides that it's a potential target that the Lacedon has enhanced senses (corpse detecting.) to detect with & stealth mastery to be less likely to be found & good climbing skills.)
And how is that faster than Ed just killing it?
First off, a battle isn't a race of time. A battle won in a minute is a victory just like a battle won in ten seconds.
Ed might only be attacking some of the time because of being stunned.
Also, beating down someone who's your physical equal (Especially when your limbs can be detached, &, given the weakest LS is Class 1 here, thrown across the room.) who can stun you isn't exactly a speedy process.

Ed might be attacking ferociously, but I doubt a Lacedon/D&D Ghoul is any less vicious; They do bites & claws, too, it's just kinda pointless, due to the lack of paralaysis, nerve damage & ghoul fever against against a fellow undead.

If you ask me, Ed doesn't kill quickly; He might be aggressive & ferocious, but Speed, AP, Striking Strength & Durability are Equalized.
AFAIK, he's not in one-shot range, he's not 3 times stronger, he's, statistically, equalized. & his DPS is gonna be much worse if he's regularly suffering full body immobilization from what might be an attack, possibly even a ranged one.

Stunning someone, disappearing from their sight, climbing onto the wall or the ceiling, then jumping to behind or on top of them while they've lost track of you, then stunning them & shoving them into a cupboard or a fridge or such then putting a block of wood or a metal bar or just pressing your back to it or such is quicker than actually beating down your statistical equal in a fight.

Except the Lacedon being gripped to the wall, while Ed would have a grip on the Lacedon, a less sturdy thing to hold. (Besides that it's a potential target that the Lacedon has enhanced senses (corpse detecting.) to detect with & stealth mastery to be less likely to be found & good climbing skills.)

First off, a battle isn't a race of time. A battle won in a minute is a victory just like a battle won in ten seconds.
Ed might only be attacking some of the time because of being stunned.
Also, beating down someone who's your physical equal (Especially when your limbs can be detached, &, given the weakest LS is Class 1 here, thrown across the room.) who can stun you isn't exactly a speedy process.

Ed might be attacking ferociously, but I doubt a Lacedon/D&D Ghoul is any less vicious; They do bites & claws, too, it's just kinda pointless -Due to the lack of paralaysis, nerve damage & ghoul fever against Ed- against a fellow undead.

If you ask me, Ed doesn't kill quickly; He might be aggressive & ferocious, but Speed, AP, Striking Strength & Durability are Equalized.
AFAIK, he's not in one-shot range, he's not 3 times stronger, he's, statistically, equalized. & his DPS is gonna be much worse if he's regularly suffering full body immobilization from what might be an attack, possibly even a ranged one.

Stunning someone, disappearing from their sight, climbing onto the wall or the ceiling, then jumping to behind or on top of them while they've lost track of you, then stunning them & shoving them into a cupboard or a fridge or such then putting a block of wood or a metal bar or just pressing your back to it or such is quicker than actually beating down your statistical equal in a fight.
Eh fair my poor boi gets kicked FRA

Back