• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Slime Fight! (Venom Ooze vs Melting Love)

Melting Love has the AP advantage, doesn't it? So can't Melting Love win via AP?
Supposedly I guess. She can heal itself once the fight is over by turning anyone around her into slimes and then absorbing them so if she beats the ooze before succumbing to poison, she won't die to it

Supposedly I guess. She can heal itself once the fight is over by turning anyone around her into slimes and then absorbing them so if she beats the ooze before succumbing to poison, she won't die to it
I mean, under SBA....
Outside Influence: None. No characters of either verse, aside from those participating in the battle, may influence the outcome of the battle in any way. That means they may not join the fight, grant buffs, create shields, provide information etc. Exceptions are things like blessings, calling upon some higher entities power for a spell, summoning familiars to battle for them, having another character as equipment or more generally spoken the things which are listed on the profile as part of a characters own powers and abilities.

I'm not sure if we can say if there would be anyone to consume, even after the match ends, even if we are bringing it up in consideration of a character's win conditions or not.

I mean, under SBA....
Outside Influence: None. No characters of either verse, aside from those participating in the battle, may influence the outcome of the battle in any way. That means they may not join the fight, grant buffs, create shields, provide information etc. Exceptions are things like blessings, calling upon some higher entities power for a spell, summoning familiars to battle for them, having another character as equipment or more generally spoken the things which are listed on the profile as part of a characters own powers and abilities.

I'm not sure if we can say if there would be anyone to consume, even after the match ends, even if we are bringing it up in consideration of a character's win conditions or not.
Op could always say "there are MOBS in the minecraft word"

So she could use the slimese that will spaw

Op could always say "there are MOBS in the minecraft word"
You know what, lets just assume I never said that up there

Anyway I think the ooze has a better chance at winning. Even if it dies, it will have likely poisoned Melting Love and if it could survive longer, it may be able to kill her without dying.

You know what, lets just assume I never said that up there

Anyway I think the ooze has a better chance at winning. Even if it dies, it will have likely poisoned Melting Love and if it could survive longer, it may be able to kill her without dying.
I really don't think you can kill a slime by punching It...

Like, sure, you can burn one, freeze one, dissolve one in acid, explode one, etc, but If you aren't punch like saitama and making the thing explode, It will just "slurp" you, or just absorb the impact

Like, sure, you can burn one, freeze one, dissolve one in acid, explode one, etc, but If you aren't punch like saitama and making the thing explode, It will just "slurp" you, or just absorb the impact
But as I said, BLACK Damage isn't conventional physical harm and combined with the AP advantage, it can likely kill off the ooze with a small amount of hits

If it isn't "conventional" physical harm, then what are the physical effects it inflicts? (Also, Regeneration probably increases the number of hits needed.)

But as I said, BLACK Damage isn't conventional physical harm and combined with the AP advantage, it can likely kill off the ooze with a small amount of hits
Ok, but how much diferent? Every thing just say "It atacks both mind and body"

I can only see 2 interpretations of this

1- It is just a monster using ehite and red damage at the same time

2- A freedy kruger cenario, were It hit the mind and everte thing that happens to It hit the target as well

1- It is just a monster using ehite and red damage at the same time
Essentially someone who can usually take a beating mentally and physically gets hurt the same amount as someone without said resistance, requiring specific resistance to that type of attack

Essentially someone who can usually take a beating mentally and physically gets hurt the same amount as someone without said resistance, requiring specific resistance to that type of attack
... Ok them... So It really just meams "It is a punch, but can damage people that haver punch resistence"

Yes! And what has punch resistance? An ooze
... Clever, but It don't really work like this

It has "punche resistence" beacuse of It slime composition, black damage was show to only do It against armor I imagine, It is not resisten the damage, It is just that punch a slime is irrelevant thanks to being goo

... Clever, but It don't really work like this

It has "punche resistence" beacuse of It slime composition, black damage was show to only do It against armor I imagine, It is not resisten the damage, It is just that punch a slime is irrelevant thanks to being goo
Slimes in D&D can be damaged by various means including melee attacks. Nothing suggests that they are more resistant due to being amorphous (The durability section doesn't mention that its physiology makes it harder to kill and even then, it would have unknown durability) and the fact that it has health means that BLACK damage can at least hit the slime where it hurts

Slimes in D&D can be damaged by various means including melee attacks. Nothing suggests that they are more resistant due to being amorphous (The durability section doesn't mention that its physiology makes it harder to kill and even then, it would have unknown durability) and the fact that it has health means that BLACK damage can at least hit the slime where it hurts
Would b easyer to you just say that, don't you think?

Hum... Don't seen like It acctually kill like you would expect "Weaken and suffocate pray"

This can mean 2 things

1- The poison causes the oponent lungs to slowly stop working

Or

2- The poisonous secretion enters the respiratory sistem of the prey that beijg weakened drowns on It

So the poison would probable just weaken the Melting love, sinse It don't have a respiratory sistem

Hum... Don't seen like It acctually kill like you would expect "Weaken and suffocate pray"

This can mean 2 things

1- The poison causes the oponent lungs to slowly stop working

Or

2- The poisonous secretion enters the respiratory sistem of the prey that beijg weakened drowns on It

So the poison would probable just weaken the Melting love, sinse It don't have a respiratory sistem
Yeah, but with Low-Mid Level Regeneration, a presumable LS advantage, & supposedly Infinite Stamina, the weakening Melting Love may become relevant, especially depending on how small or large Melting Love's AP advantage is.
It also causes it to be unable to sustain life, meaning that it can at least affect other biological functions
In theory, it might be problematic for other gelatinous beings, because a large amount of their bodies may be water, or some other kind of fluid susceptible to the corruptive/polluting effects the Venom Ooze has. However, not being pure fluid & the matter of time it takes for this to occur may hinder the utility of this.

Does It take time to "polute" the water? And It can just bee "every thing in the water is now weakened, so the ecosistem can't continue"

And them this battle is more ballanced them It seens

Melting love:

Higher AP
Higher range
Possible inteligence?

Vennon ooz

Regen(that is Combat applicable)
Weakening venon
LS
Stamima

Seens balanced, how big is the AP diference?

Does It take time to "polute" the water? And It can just bee "every thing in the water is now weakened, so the ecosistem can't continue"
Quoting the scan for Corruption that's linked in the quoted post of mine:
"Corrupt Water (Ex) Each hour a venom ooze remains submerged in a body of water, it contaminates 10 cubic feet, making the liquid still, foul, and unable to sustain animal life. The corrupted water becomes poisonous (ingested, Fort DC 26, 1d6 Con/1d6 Con)."
And them this battle is more ballanced them It seens

Melting love:

Higher AP
Higher range
Possible inteligence?
Intelligence:
Melting Love:
Intelligence: Unknown
(Although, based on what I've read in this thread, it spent a lot of time rampaging, so....)
Venom Ooze:
Intelligence: Mindless (Simply seek out anything edible in their vicinity)

I'm not sure how likely either is to act atypically because of their "Intelligence", or even lack thereof.
Vennon ooz

Regen(that is Combat applicable)
Weakening venon
LS
Technically, the Lifting Strength matchup is:
Venom Ooze:
Lifting Strength: Class 5 (Can push 4.17305 tons at max)
Melting Love:
Lifting Strength: Unknown
Melting Love has no justification. This is also why I'm curious about Melting Love's mass: Even if Melting Love isn't the kind of blob that can push things effectively, it may be relevant if Melting Love itself is too heavy for Venom Ooze to push effectively.
Stamima

Seens balanced, how big is the AP diference?
Quoting myself, in part:
Venom Ooze, as an 8-B CR 12, scales to Spellcaster Lowers Water: 43.46 Tons of TNT, City Block level

Melting Love scales to.... At least City Block level (Far superior to Abnormalities like Meat Lantern)
Meat Lantern seems to scale to 192,805,182,835.4589 joules. Or City Block level. So, "Far superior to 46.0815447 tons of TNT"?
Like I said, "Far superior" to a value slightly higher than what Venom Ooze scales to.

"Corrupt Water (Ex) Each hour a venom ooze remains submerged in a body of water, it contaminates 10 cubic feet, making the liquid still, foul, and unable to sustain animal life. The corrupted water becomes poisonous (ingested, Fort DC 26, 1d6 Con/1d6 Con)."
Regarding this part in specific:
That's 78.66 mL/s (milliliters per second)
&, for what it's worth, Wolfram Alpha also has a few comparisons of volume over time rates.
Comparisons for how fast the Venom Ooze "corrupts" water:
≈ ( 0.01 ≈ 1/110 ) × fuel consumption rate of an SR-71 Blackbird traveling at Mach 3 ( ≈ 8000 gal/h )
≈ 0.31 × average flow rate used in a residential sprinkler system ( ≈ 240 gal/h )
≈ 38 × average filtration rate of a human kidney ( ≈ 120 mL/min )

IDK if those help evaluate how relevant the ability is, but hopefully they're helpful, or at least interesting bits of knowledge, lol.

Regarding this part in specific:
That's 78.66 mL/s (milliliters per second)
&, for what it's worth, Wolfram Alpha also has a few comparisons of volume over time rates.
Comparisons for how fast the Venom Ooze "corrupts" water:
≈ ( 0.01 ≈ 1/110 ) × fuel consumption rate of an SR-71 Blackbird traveling at Mach 3 ( ≈ 8000 gal/h )
≈ 0.31 × average flow rate used in a residential sprinkler system ( ≈ 240 gal/h )
≈ 38 × average filtration rate of a human kidney ( ≈ 120 mL/min )

IDK if those help evaluate how relevant the ability is, but hopefully they're helpful, or at least interesting bits of knowledge, lol.
Well, It don't really seen much combat applicable here them, sinse It takes kinda a long time and need constant contact
I'm not sure how likely either is to act atypically because of their "Intelligence", or even lack thereof
I would say that melt love is at least animalistic, sinse It kinda has a "predator insitinc" capturing humans to turn them into slime
Melting Love has no justification. This is also why I'm curious about Melting Love's mass: Even if Melting Love isn't the kind of blob that can push things effectively, it may be relevant if Melting Love itself is too heavy for Venom Ooze to push effectively.
Well, let's say It's density is simillar to water, looking images of It, It would be like a water balon bigger them a averge human in weight
Like I said, "Far superior" to a value slightly higher than what Venom Ooze scales to
So superior to a 0,92 tons of TNT diference here... Let's say that fair superior make It a 1,92 tons diference, don't seen enough to over beat the venon, especially with It being weakened by the poison

So voting to Venon

Well, It don't really seen much combat applicable here them, sinse It takes kinda a long time and need constant contact

I would say that melt love is at least animalistic, sinse It kinda has a "predator insitinc" capturing humans to turn them into slime

Well, let's say It's density is simillar to water, looking images of It, It would be like a water balon bigger them a averge human in weight

So superior to a 0,92 tons of TNT diference here...
Are you saying 0.92 tons of TNT because it's superior to 46 Tons of TNT?
Let's say that fair superior make It a 1,92 tons diference,
Why that much?
Also, do you mean 192 (One-Hundred-Ninety-Two) or 1-point-92 or what?
Sorry for my confusedness.
don't seen enough to over beat the venon, especially with It being weakened by the poison

So voting to Venon
Thanks for your opinionating on this matter.

It was a estimation more them any thing sinse we don't have a especific value, and 1.92, i just like to use ","
Ah.

46.0815447 / 43.46 = Means Melting Love scales as "Far superior" to a value 1.06032086 times that of Venom Ooze's scaling point.
& if my math is right, 46.0815447 is about 94.3110746% of 43.46.

Did I mess up somewhere?

Ah.

46.0815447 / 43.46 = Means Melting Love scales as "Far superior" to a value 1.06032086 times that of Venom Ooze's scaling point.
& if my math is right, 46.0815447 is about 94.3110746% of 43.46.

Did I mess up somewhere?
... I might have been the one that messed up

So Melting love is 1.06x times stronguer them Venon ooze?

... I might have been the one that messed up

So Melting love is 1.06x times stronguer them Venon ooze?
Melting Love scales as "Far superior" to something that has a calc that puts that thing at 1.06 times stronger than Venom Ooze's scaling point. Quoting myself:
Venom Ooze, as an 8-B CR 12, scales to Spellcaster Lowers Water: 43.46 Tons of TNT, City Block level

Melting Love scales to.... At least City Block level (Far superior to Abnormalities like Meat Lantern)
Meat Lantern seems to scale to 192,805,182,835.4589 joules. Or City Block level. So, "Far superior to 46.0815447 tons of TNT"?
Like I said, Melting Love scales as "Far superior" to something that is slightly above Venom Ooze's scaling point.

I'm not sure how much stronger "Far superior" means in this context, of course; How much of a difference makes you how much stronger varies from verse to verse. For example, in theory, it could be as little as 2 times.

In such a case, if we did arbitrarily/hypothetically assume Melting Love was only 2x stronger than its own scaling point, it'd thus be only about 2.12x~ stronger than what Venom Ooze scales to.

Melting Love scales as "Far superior" to something that has a calc that puts that thing at 1.06 times stronger than Venom Ooze's scaling point. Quoting myself:

Like I said, Melting Love scales as "Far superior" to something that is slightly above Venom Ooze's scaling point.

I'm not sure how much stronger "Far superior" means in this context, of course; How much of a difference makes you how much stronger varies from verse to verse. For example, in theory, it could be as little as 2 times.

In such a case, if we did arbitrarily/hypothetically assume Melting Love was only 2x stronger than its own scaling point, it'd thus be only about 2.12x~ stronger than what Venom Ooze scales to.
Yes, yes, well, still voting venon ooz, this "far superior" can vasically be ignored thanks to the "weakening" poison

But do we know if it weakens by enough that Venom Ooze can win before becoming too damaged?
What if it only weakens by 10% or 1%? I don't know the potency, so....

But do we know if it weakens by enough that Venom Ooze can win before becoming too damaged?
What if it only weakens by 10% or 1%? I don't know the potency, so....
Well, I would say that even with a 2 times Ap wouldn't be enough to beat It before down bedore It does It to the Melting love, I think a 5x wouls be de minimun necessery

Back