• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Slight MFTL+ Upgrade | Saving Julius Novachrono from Shame

Status
Not open for further replies.

Panache_x

Username Only
Basically just addressing Julius's unjust Tiering majorly in reference to Speed which has the current ratings of;
Speed: FTL (Blitzed Patry numerous times and managed to attack him before he could escape, despite the fact that the latter used Light Magic. Later froze Patry's light in time as it traveled towards him)
Attack Potency: Unknown (His Time Magic mostly ignores durability), likely Island level+
Durability: At least Island level+ (Stated by Patry that his unsealed self's strongest attack wouldn't kill him), higher

While other notable Characters like; Charlotte, Rill, Noelle, Jack, Nozel, Yami, Dark Triad etc... Are all tiered to MFTL/MFTL+ with an AP rating of over 6-B: Country level - High 6-B: Large Country level

This is heavily implying all listed characters above will Effortlessly SpeedBlitz and Destroy Julius Novachrono.

And of course not, The "Unknown Rating" is not enough and doesn't dispute the fact that other fundamentally tired characters will be considered above his Unknown rating bg visitors while they visit their respective pages.

Julius clearly lacks AP or Durability feats/stats, but is a mage of unconventional abilities which we regard as "hax". None of his abilities seemingly pay respect to his opponents conventional durability.
In correlation with that, his Speed will be what's accountable for (if he's inferior in speed he'll get speedblitz and killed but will be relatively above if he's not inferior in speed) to not be completely Inferior to other mages.
That's mainly what this thread is for, to address his Speed.

The WIZARD KING👑
The Wizard King title is one that has been reserved explicitly for the Strongest Mage in the Clover Kingdom.

He is fundamentally referenced as the Strongest Magic Knight with an implication of "Combat Abilities" and clarified he's at the position via legally ranking there in power making him superior to all Knights/Captains below.

Julius Novachrono has been depicted severally to completely stand out in terms of power and ranks in reference to other notable mages. In Solid Addition, he is indirectly referenced as the strongest by the narrator which is the closest thing to an Omniscient God in any Verse.
pic_quark_1662112517691.jpg

pic_quark_1662112348114.jpg

Here, Asta blatantly states he'll Surpass the wizard king. The term "Surpass" is constantly used in the verse to denote Inferiority and relatively "catching up". It has Never been used carelessly as a figure of speech or in any misleading manner.
Asta's statement clearly implies he's not above the Wizard King Julius Novachrono, he made the statement after Lucius claimed to be above Julius, which would inturn imply Asta knew Being same with Julius in power won't be enough to defeat Lucius

blackclovertcb_334_001.png

"A Man On The Level Of The WIZARD KING"
The Narrator's statement is crystal clear to every reader that he is implying Julius and Lucius were relatively close
It doesn't contradict Lucius being above him as it would only mean Lucius is above Julius fundamentally but still somewhere around his Classification or Level which Asta still stands on. Asta then Surpassed Julius via his Accelerated Development to become relatively above Lucius

Chain : Julius = Spade Arc/Final Act Beginning Asta ≤ Lucius ≤ Limits Surpassed Asta

Addressing Julius Vs Patry
Yes, This is the major means of downplay concerning Julius due to Patry tagging him and drawing blood
Anyways, I'll try to go over a few points concerning it

1. It's a Complete PIS imputed for continuity. Julius at that point was fated by plot to face Patry and it'll seemingly destroy the plot if Julius were to easily defeat him. The futher statements from Asta and Julius should be enough to counter that PIS however, there are further evidence presented to support this notion

pic_quark_1662106484660.jpg

Patry stated Julius still had "power" (Magic Power) he hasn't used and isn't using.
In This thread, it has been accepted that increase in magic power always and is a fundamental increase to speed aswell.
Julius held back magic power which would limit his speed in return as his full power will lead to his complete speed and would have completely outclassed Patry.

pic_quark_1662116683462.jpg
Julius wondering why his time which he used to accelerate himself didn't last as long as he expected.
pic_quark_1662116708836.jpg
He is still disturbed about it and Clarifies he has been feeling off for some time.

Julius there was referring to Lucius who has been the cause of his incapability and was able to emerge completely in Julius weak state.
It can be deduced that He has been holding Julius back all this while and might have been the setback to Julius while he fought Patry. The result of his fight which led to his death, resurrection and weakening was in complete favour of Lucius who could take over the body due to Julius being drastically weak. Here, it's shown that Lucius is capable of manipulating his memory to the extent he doesn't recall Lucius resides as another soul within him which would explain him not being able to tell all along if Lucius has been holding him back to meet his desire.

In Summary of everything I propose the scaling speed chain be applied
Chain : Julius = Spade Arc/Final Act Beginning Asta ≤ Lucius ≤ Limits Surpassed Asta
So as to not contradict the narrative of the verse in totality.
His Page should have these justifications.
Speed: Massively FTL+ (Stated to be on par with Base Lucius who fought relatively to Final Act Asta and the latter stated he needs to surpass him to defeat Lucius}

I don't disagree with the CRT, but this:

"A Man On The Level Of The WIZARD KING"
The Narrator's statement is crystal clear to every reader that he is implying Julius and Lucius were relatively close

It's a narrator statement. It's an editor statement. They're non-canon lines added in by the editor hype and stuff. They don't make it to the volume versions which is the final version of the story.

I don't think this takes away much from the OP though, just wanted to point that out.

Can't believe I actually forgot bout the thread
Been busy lately and inactive on the wiki
Anyways, what's the decision. Any objections or Contradictions to the OP?

I don't disagree with the CRT, but this:

It's a narrator statement. It's an editor statement. They're non-canon lines added in by the editor hype and stuff. They don't make it to the volume versions which is the final version of the story.

I don't think this takes away much from the OP though, just wanted to point that out.
No big issue there
It'll just be used to back up the other points outlayed
I don't honestly think it should be completely dismissed

Hasn’t been over 3 months so according to the Discussion Rules page I’m allowed to bump this

I think the speed is fine and Julius’ AP should be “Unknown, possibly 6-A

Hasn’t been over 3 months so according to the Discussion Rules page I’m allowed to bump this

I think the speed is fine and Julius’ AP should be “Unknown, possibly 6-A
Ok yeah, nice and I agree with this proposition.
Think there's two staff approval. Not to delay this unnecessarily anymore, can changes be applied now?
Weird part is me always forgetting bout this thread.

CGMs don't have additional weight for CRTs like others do, and Damage is probably neutral tbh. I'll call some staff

Meh, I guess it's fine

Julius should narratively be this strong

I guess it's just Tabata's failure of actually showing that

Alright then, I think I'll see to that.
Thanks for all comments and opinions here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back