• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Skypiea Raigou Reexamination

I'll keep this simple and say I have an issue with how Skypiea gains its size. It uses a cartoonish navigator map that isn't drawn to scale to discern the scale of a landmass. It should be obvious that this map isn't supposed to be assumed to be drawn to scale, it isn't a Mercator Map that is specifically used to do such things. It's used to show the general locations on Skypiea like Enel's ship and the Golden Bell. If we're going to use this map, evidence of it being drawn to scale is required. It's not assumed to be so since it's a positive claim being made, it's especially required here since maps during the times One Piece is centered around are usually unreliable when it comes to these details.

Until evidence of this map being drawn to scale is provided or a superior way to calculate this feat without such assumptions is presented, I think we should remove this calc and revise how Raigou is tiered on Enel's profile.

I agree that current calc is unsuitable for finding the island's size.

I'm not too sure why you're presenting so many arguments why it shouldn't be used when you could've simply said it uses outdated numbers.

As for using the map, I disagree with it not being used, as while the locations within the Upper Yard such as the hills and Giant Jack aren't drawn to scale, the actual landmass itself has no reason to not be at least semi-accurately in terms of shape. Since Kobster's calc only uses the Upper Yard's diameter to find the volume, it would be using shapes that are semi-accurate (at the very least) to what it looks like in actuality.

I'd say to just change the numbers to the new Upper Yard size.

I'm not too sure why you're presenting so many arguments why it shouldn't be used when you could've simply said it uses outdated numbers.
I'm presenting one argument, that the map isn't drawn to scale because evidence hasn't been given to prove that it is. You're misunderstanding what my arguments are vs what my opinions are.

As for using the map, I disagree with it not being used, as while the locations within the Upper Yard such as the hills and Giant Jack aren't drawn to scale, the actual landmass itself has no reason to not be at least semi-accurately in terms of shape. Since Kobster's calc only uses the Upper Yard's diameter to find the volume, it would be using shapes that are semi-accurate (at the very least) to what it looks like in actuality.
I was going to address this, but it's kinda pointless since KT's "new" calc is accepted and should be the one used instead of this one, and that one doesn't use the map for anything.

Let's just use that calc and skip over this dialogue.

I'd say to just change the numbers to the new Upper Yard size.
Sure.

I was going to address this, but it's kinda pointless since KT's "new" calc is accepted and should be the one used instead of this, and that one doesn't use the map for anything.

Let's just use that calc and skip over this dialogue.
KT's calc only finds the diameter of the Upper Yard. Kobster's finds the volume. That's why I said to change the numbers on Kobster's calc because we can't just "switch" calcs since they're finding different things.

KT's calc only finds the diameter of the Upper Yard. Kobster's finds the volume. That's why I said to change the numbers on Kobster's calc because we can't just "switch" calcs since they're finding different things.
Ahh, I see. That was my bad for not fully reviewing the calc KT posted.

Well I still disagree with using the map to get a volume but I'll explain that later since I'm currently dealing with other things. It'll probably be out later today or tomorrow.

Just use this image

unknown.png

Just use this image

unknown.png
I think this still has the same issue with using the map, what exactly proves this is an accurate depiction of how much volume the Upper Yard has outside of us assuming it is because it's a depiction of the Upper Yard?

Maybe I'm missing something, but this still feels like we're just making an unfounded assumption for the sake of calculating the feat.

I think this still has the same issue with using the map, what exactly proves this is an accurate depiction of how much volume the Upper Yard has outside of us assuming it is because it's a depiction of the Upper Yard?

Maybe I'm missing something, but this still feels like we're just making an unfounded assumption for the sake of calculating the feat.
What are you even talking about? It's literally an image of the Upper Yard when it first shot up into the sky. Why wouldn't it be accurate? It seems like you're disagreeing just to disagree because you haven't even given any reason why it can't be used other than "there's no proof." The responsibility of bringing proof is on you, not us.

What are you even talking about? It's literally an image of the Upper Yard when it first shot up into the sky. Why wouldn't it be accurate? It seems like you're disagreeing just to disagree because you haven't even proved why it can't be used other than "there's no proof." The responsibility of bringing proof is on you, not us.
It being an image of the Upper Yard isn't the same as it being an accurate depiction of how much volume the Upper Yard has. That's a positive claim being asserted, evidence of it being true must be presented. I'm not disagreeing to just disagree. I'm disagreeing because It hasn't been proven yet that the image is depicted in such a way.

It being an image of the Upper Yard isn't the same as it being an accurate depiction of how much volume the Upper Yard has. That's a positive claim being asserted, evidence of it being true must be presented. I'm not disagreeing to just disagree. I'm disagreeing because It hasn't been proven yet that the image is depicted in such a way.
It's not just an image of the Upper Yard. It's the Upper Yard itself when it got launched up into the sky. You're essentially asking why the Upper Yard is an accurate depiction of the Upper Yard.

Yeah it literally had the debris from upper yard falling when it got shot into the sky. That’s not a random image, that’s the actual island’s clearest showing

I think there is a disconnect in what I believe is required to say something has an accurately portrayed volume in an artistic medium vs what is currently assumed required.

I've talked this over with others and I just might be asking for too much. I guess if nobody else has an issue with using that image, I'm tentatively fine with using it.

Back