• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Skill Tier List #1: Video Games vs Comics

Marvel in order:

1. Shang-Chi
2. Iron Fist
3. Daredevil/Elektra
4. Black Panther/Captain America
5. Taskmaster
6. Wolverine/Deadpool
7. Winter Soldier/Bullseye
9. Crossbones/Thor

Didn’t understand how Thor and Crossbones are on the list though.

Knows every martial arts in the world, fought Iron Fist and overpowered him despite Khonshu amping Marc (It wasn't strength or speed that did it anyway). Also has fought Deadpool before, etc.
Also, Moon Knight was the only one to stand a chance against Shadowland Daredevil who outskilled the Marvel's #1 and #2 in skill.
I was aware of these examples, I just thought since they are crossovers events, we wouldn't consider or would take with a grain of salt.
MK is not higher on the list because he lacks some martial arts background. I'd put him somewhere around Wolverine.
Honestly I'd agree with this.

I was aware of these examples, I just thought since they are crossovers events, we wouldn't consider or would take with a grain of salt.
I mean, I wouldn't consideer everything from crossovers because they're mostly bullshit and easy to wank a character. It isn't the same with Moon Knight though because he was on a very strong phase during Shadowland.

I mean, I wouldn't consideer everything from crossovers because they're mostly bullshit and easy to wank a character. It isn't the same with Moon Knight though because he was on a very strong phase during Shadowland.
What you mean by strong phase? You mean the phase back in the day that was named "Heroic Age" thing where he got a bunch of tech stuff?
What are we thinking overall for the top ten?

I’ve got a top 5 of:

1. Karate Kid
2. Shang
3. Iron Fist
4. Cassandra
5. Elektra/Daredevil
Could someone explain to me why is Cassandra so up on the list?

could someone explain to me who is this "Karate Kid" and why is he so up into the marvel skill list? i am kind of curious

Moon Knight was having a very good strength representation. IIRC he lifted a building.
He held a collapsing building and right after left the armor to hold it while he went to fought some random goons. It happened in Vengeance of Moon Knight.
Consistently better than Batman, Deathstroke, Canary, Tim Drake, beat Shiva (twice), master of all martial arts armed and unarmed, etc.
Hm, I get the feeling that Daredevil would be slightly above her still.

He's from DC. Everything he does is utter bullshit. Ranging from redirecting a blitz from a Superman level character to another solar system or neutralizing 5-B energy with skill.
One tiny note is that the "chucks someone to another solar system" is a different variation of KK that I haven't researched, but it doesn't scale to the Pre-Zero Hour one. Probably. LoSH continuity sucks.

I would also emphasize that the "essay" is really just a selection of some of his best stuff but you can really only getting the full picture by going through his feats section on the profile. He is very silly.

creature you agree Travis Touchdown skill-stomps everyone on this list simultaneously right

Wait lemme look at the list.

hm.

creature you agree Travis Touchdown skill-stomps everyone on this list simultaneously right
Ryu, probably
Liu Kang, probably
Mukuro Ikusaba, I don't know. I've heard the Danganronpa novels have some silliness.
Raiden, that would actually be a really good fight
Kratos, debatable
Bayonetta, debatable
Dante, debatable
Sora, debatable
Doomguy, debatable
Sonic the Hedgehog (was not expecting Sonic at all so idk)
Zero, no clue
Meta Knight, probably
Solid Snake, probably
Marisa Kirisame, I know Touhou peeps are very skilled but I have no idea
Izuru Kamukura, see my comment on Mukuro
Agent 47, probably
Little Mac, probably
Caitlyn, probably
Tracer, hopefully
Scout, they go out for chicken

i was joking

also snake is probably more skilled than raiden

Last edited:
What can Travis do? I imagine he could probably take the place of one of the lower ranked characters.
List of feats that scale to him, in increasing order of the skill scaling

Little Mac is just... well, you can't really argue much for him, it's one of those martial art verses but without the capability to argue for much outside boxing, let alone explicit/notable skill displays for these purposes. Even Mario would be a better nomination as he upscales from Donkey Kong, who has fought Little Mac.

Even Mario would be a better nomination as he upscales from Donkey Kong, who has fought Little Mac.
That's not the same canon, and even if it was I wouldn't really say Punch-Out DK is equal to Mac in skill.

TBH even if deemed non-canon I could still argue DK has better skill feats than Mac, but I'd rather argue for Mario instead.

List of feats that scale to him, in increasing order of the skill scaling
Damn that's pretty good, he'd definitely be in the very top among VG characters here.

Are ya afraid?

After all this one doesn't have rules like the other one which means I can pull any and all skill feats as bs as they can be
Hmmmmm, if we're going by that logic and we can just pull the most stupid, nonsensical feats...

A version of Sora was capable of defeating Jiminy's Journal which took the form of Riku. Said Journal had all of Sora's feat's up to that point written down in it's contents, and would thus scale above Sora in skill via having all of Sora's Skill and knowing what Sora would do next. A version of Sora who, mind you, isn't even as skilled as KH3 Sora, managed to beat Jiminy's Journal anyways. So,

KH3 Sora > Data Sora > Jiminy's Journal > Sora

Sora is more skilled than Sora who is more skilled than a character who Directly upscale's in skill from Sora

(I'm spouting mostly nonsense, you may ignore me lol)

I dunno if we're even allowed to submit characters, but fuuka it, here's Byleth. (Would've said Shez, but they don't have a profile)

From top to bottom, from bottom of the skill chain, to top of the skill chain. This is very abridged, cause this is all from the top of my head, so I will add scans later once I find them, since I don't have them on hand.
  • Citizens of Faerghus
    • Like everyone else in their country, have been trained to fight since they were children. In Ingrid's case, she was trained to fight since she was 5.
    • Were able to work as a militia alongside some knights, despite likely not having any actual experience on the battlefield. (While they were trained to fight, they likely haven't step foot on an actual battlefield)
    • Can fight in fog so intense that one can barely see their own hand in front of their own face.
    • Can dodge attacks that appear above them like Thunder, attacks that appear on them like Nosferatu, and Danmaku attacks like Fusillades.
  • Southern Faerghus Soldiers
    • Has actual experience on the battlefield, unlike regular citizens.
    • Can throw axes around like boomerangs, making them circle around themselves before catching it.
    • Can snipe people from hundreds of meters away via casting magic, shooting arrows, or throwing boulders. This is while both are on ground level, so neither are on a height, and neither can see each other.
    • Can shoot multiple arrows at once, all firing in different directions, but at equal angles.
    • Can fire danmaku levels of arrows with just their bow.
      • Bow Knights can do the two feats above, but also while on horseback, while the horse is constantly dashing, kicking, and doing quick turns. They can also do a 360 jump shot with their bow while on horseback.
  • Faerghus Soldiers
    • Are more skilled than the Southern Soldiers, since they are considered "unskilled" in comparison.
    • From dozens of meters away, while flying around on a pegasus, shot an Armored Knight right in their eye slot on their helmet, like this meme.
  • Playable Cast (Academy Arc)
    • Can take out strongholds filled with dozens/100+ Faerghus Soldiers.
  • Knights of Seiros
    • Even new knights can completely outskill some of the Academy Arc Playable Cast, as see in Caspar and Linhardt's support, where Caspar couldn't even land a single blow against them.
    • Characters such as Gatekeeper can learn different Techniques, and Magic Spells just by observing an ally perform them.
  • Playable Cast (War Arc)
    • Can take out strongholds filled with dozens/100+ Church Soldiers/Knights of Seiros
  • Shez (Early Game)
    • Fought the combined forces of all Three Houses, which includes the Academy Arc Playable Cast, as well as the likes of Dimitri, Claude, and Edelgard, and 100+ students. Later comments that it would've been embarrassing if they lost.
    • Is self-taught in combat.
    • Has their own unique fighting style which they created by moving from mercenary company to company, picking up different styles along the way, merging them into one style. Has been described by Felix to be very hard to read because of this.
    • In the prologue, after being beaten near death, was granted power by Arval. Literally right after this, they were instantly able to pick up a new sword and dual wield with it, and could adapt their fighting style instantly, with Byleth noting that they fought like a completely different person.
  • Byleth
    • Completely stomped an Early Game Shez, and left them on the brink of death, even after they were granted power by Arval.
    • Can match the House Leaders, and Shez later on, all of whom defeated perfect copies of themselves, with one of the House Leaders, Claude, being weak against himself.
Tl;dr:

Ordinary Citizens of Faerghus < Southern Faerghus Soldiers < Faerghus Soldiers < Dozens/100+ Faerghus Soldiers < Playable Cast (Academy Arc) < Church Soldiers < Dozens/100+ Church Soldiers < Playable Cast (War Arc) < Shez (Early Game) < Byleth

Also keep in mind that in addition to being abridged, this list excludes several skillfucks in between, since I couldn't find where to put them on the list.

Last edited:
Hmmmmm, if we're going by that logic and we can just pull the most stupid, nonsensical feats...

A version of Sora was capable of defeating Jiminy's Journal which took the form of Riku. Said Journal had all of Sora's feat's up to that point written down in it's contents, and would thus scale above Sora in skill via having all of Sora's Skill and knowing what Sora would do next. A version of Sora who, mind you, isn't even as skilled as KH3 Sora, managed to beat Jiminy's Journal anyways. So,

KH3 Sora > Data Sora > Jiminy's Journal > Sora

Sora is more skilled than Sora who is more skilled than a character who Directly upscale's in skill from Sora

(I'm spouting mostly nonsense, you may ignore me lol)
I can pull some stuff worse than that

Back