• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Size of Las Noches and Karakura

Status
Not open for further replies.
I made this topic for debated about which size should be used in Karakura and Las Noches.

Las Noches
About Las Noches, I think the best option is to use Neliel's quote, where she quotes that it would take a three-day walk to get to the gate .

• Considering that they would rest for 8 hours, the result is 240 km.
Karakura
For Karakura, I made a calculation based on the population of the city.

The total population of Karakura is 1 million.
The population density of Japan is approximately 336.8 inhab / km2. Based on this, a city with 1 million inhabitants would have around 2969,121 km┬▓.

• A = Pi * R┬▓
  • R┬▓ = 2969.121 / Pi
  • R┬▓ = 945.1
  • R = 30,742 km
In the case, Karakura would have about 61.484 km in diameter.

There are other ways to find the size, but this is my suggestion of what should be used.

Regarding Las Noches size, I think scaling the characters to the outside of the building would produce a result that is quite lower than calcing based on Nel's statement.

if the LN gate is exactly at the opposite of them it would make LN 240kmx2 as the low ball as they only circle over half the whole thing

it get significantly bigger if we assume the gate isn't at the exact opposite of them as it would take 3 days to cover maybe a quarter of the LN

Damage3245 said:
Regarding Las Noches size, I think scaling the characters to the outside of the building would produce a result that is quite lower than calcing based on Nel's statement.
The art of Kubo is very inconsistent, it is better to use a statement than to calculate pixels that in each scan will give different sizes.

^This. Especially with Seiretei. Kubo's trying to fit the whole thing into the panel at close range so it doesnt look like someone spilled coffee on the floor.

Well, I haven't seen many pixelscaled versions of Las Noches. It may be that we can find a better method.

And regarding Karakura's size, shouldn't you be using the population density of a Japanese city, rather than the population density of all of Japan?

Your current method gets a size even bigger than Tokyo, despite Tokyo having a higher population.

The mysterious man said:
I don't think they need to rest for 8 hours considering theme all super Human
^^^ This is very accurate.

Also a 3 day walk from "Nel's" current size perspective for "one side of the wall" that is shaped like a rectangle with 1/4 on the sizes.

And quoting @Mattew "Something like 72 km can make sense assuming an upper-end of average running speed (15mph)"- we get the speed.

24.1402 (km/h) x 72 (h) = 1738.0944 km (1738094.4 m) this is the long sides, and 434.5236 (434523.6 m) km this the small sides.

P = 4345235 meters A = 7.55E+11

It would be a 3 day walk of 1738.0944 km for a child's size.

For Karakura Town I'd support using Karakura Town's map and the fact that Gin's Bankai fits in it to determine a lower size.

Also, if we go ahead with accepting statements for Seireitei and Gremmy calc instead of pixel scaling calc then we should use Nel's statement too. However, Nel wouldn't require rest given she's a small hollow in Hueco Mundo where just breathing intakes Reishi.

My only worry is that the trope ' Writers Have No Sense of Scale ' may be applicable here.

Just like how we don't treat talking in battle to be a measure of an accurate timeframe and instead treat 'Talking as a Free Action' based on the trope, it is also possible that Kubo may not realize how ridiculously large the circumference of Las Noches would be as a result of the walking statement.

We know that the Bankai of Gin fit entirely within Karakura, meaning it has a diameter of at least 13 km.

In case, how could I use the map to find a precise size?

we already have an accepted las noches size,pixel scaling is the best way here

not 1 statment regarding it's size from a child who lost her memories..who knows how fast can she wallk?

i agree for karakura stuff

1 statement from someone who gave accurate information about other aspects of Las Noches and Hueco Mundo.

Nel is a reliable source who has lived in Hueco Mundo for quite a while, there's no reason to discredit her statement and the current size calc uses pixel-scaling that we're moving away from, plus its incorrect as pointed out.

>>The total population of Karakura is 1 million.

Can you link the source to this please so people know where you got the number?

What about aizen's statment that he needs 100,000 souls to make that magic key which fills karakura town?

Sekusu said:
What about aizen's statment that he needs 100,000 souls to make that magic key which fills karakura town?
Surely, Aizen didn't went down to the town and research the hospitals for birth certificates. Aizen's plan was to nuke the town and gather the souls from there.

Sekusu said:
Yeah I definetelly remember that. Yamamoto said it as well IIRC. I remember cause at the time even that seemed big for Karakura Towne.

But I'll wait and see where UsKlav got said information.

"Karakura was not a countryside tow. It was located in the heart of Tokyo and is quite a populated town, with train lines passing through the centre of the city. With a population exceeding one millio."

Also nowhere does it state there is only 100,000 in the manga, they're talking about the key creation. We even see a diagram of it which isn't even all of Karakura. It's an unknown portion of it which would devestate the city and all it's inhabitants.

Depends on the type of Hollow she was before becoming a Arrancar

Info from Novel:

The release call he had heard in Hueco Mundo were the words "orbit the stars". What the Zanpakutō had demonstrated on that occasion, was an ability in which the blade would transform into a Hollow-like arm, and mow down all enemies within its vicinity through independent actions.

It was a simple power yet one of unmatched brutality, in the end, it came to be that several Vasto Lorde class Arrancar had forced the sword into a retreat after overcoming its power with some effort.

Grimmjow/Hallibel/Nelliel -VL.

Nothing<Novel etc<Manga Imo, and it clealry says all of KKT's people would be gone.

All of this seems unnesacary though. There's no VSwiki page for KKT so why map it's theoretical size?

The manga never said that only 100,000 people lived in KT even in the scan you can see that not all the houses are destroyed.

Dr.Fix said:
Nothing<Novel etc<Manga Imo, and it clealry says all of KKT's people would be gone.
it says that he needs the souls of 100,000 person to make the king key,and that karakura town is more than enough with souls to do it..not that karakura contains perfectly 100,000 souls

"Karakura and its people . . . All of them . . . will be erased from existance"

Pretty clear how many of them they're talking about. But aagin, there's no point in determining this.

I'm off for the night. cheers.

It's not stated there is only 100,000 in the manga, that's what was needed for the Oken. The novel says there is 1 million which does not contradict the previous statement since the previous statement said there was more than 100,000.

However, I don't think we should use population to determine a size, we should use Gin's Bankai fitting inside the Karakura Town. We can calc this by using the 13km statement and the Karakura Town map.

You can place a line on the map from the furthest two points to get a lowball. A line on the closest two points for an absolute high ball and then a mid point for a middle end.

The anime had different buildings in view and different aerials at times as well. Kubo wouldn't draw backgrounds much and the anime made it's own for non-aerial shots.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back