• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Size of Las Noches and Karakura

Status
Not open for further replies.
Karakurachou
It is quoted that the Bankai of Gin stretched in the center of Karakura, then:

• Blue line (Bankai Gin) = 339px = 13 km
  • Red line (Diameter Karakura) = 808px = 30.98 km

Has been years since I last saw any of the bits that show a lot of Karakura Town, so no clue. Aside from the places where the characters go to there's no real landmarks.

But the map does have marked things like the houses of nearly everyone and other things.

If I'm not mistaken, in the Databook it is quoted that Gin was cutting the buildings in the center of Karakura. But I would have to review this to make sure.

Why not make a blog using both methods? I still prefer the method based on the population of the city although using the Gin method is also good.

The method based on the population of the city is good, but, Damage3245 raised a good point. If this is used, Karakura would be slightly larger than the city of Tokyo, which contains 9 million inhabitants.

USklaverei said:
If I'm not mistaken, in the Databook it is quoted that Gin was cutting the buildings in the center of Karakura. But I would have to review this to make sure.
Yeah I can't find this. However, Kubo showed us where Karakura Town is located in the Tokyo prefecture, we can use that to find it's location to determine averages. Give me a second.

Using this volume pic by Kubo, I was able to locate where exactly Karakura Town would be about.

As you can see here in a map of Tokyo, Karakura Town would be located around where the cities of Inagi, Fuchu or Chofu.

As Karakura is a city of Tokyo (irl Tokyo has 26 cities they are the red colored areas) we can use a couple methods to determine a size through this as well:

1) We can find the population density of Inagi, Fuchu or Chofu to determine Karakura's size through it's population.

2) We can use the average size of the 26 cities of Tokyo to determine Karakura's size.

3) We can use the average population density of the 26 cities of Tokyo to determine Karakura's size.

I decided to figure some of this out myself and found this for now: Inagi has an estimated population of 87,927, and a population density of 4890 persons per km┬▓. Its total area is 17.97 square kilometers. Fuchü has an estimated population of 261,488, and a population density of 8,888 persons per square kilometer. Its total area is 29.43 square kilometers. Chōfu has an estimated population of 228,663, and a population density of 10,590 per km┬▓. Its total area is 21.58 square kilometers.

Karakura is a Town of Tokyo, so despite being located in the city section, Karakura is not one of the cities. It'd be best to use the average of the 4 town sizes or their population averages.

So I decided to use the four towns of Tokyo to figure out their population density average to apply for Karakura and to figure out their average size to apply to Karakura as well.

Okutama has an estimated population of 5,177, and a population density of 23 persons per km2. Its total area is 225.53 square kilometers.

Hinohara has an estimated population of 2,194, and a population density of 20.8 persons per km┬▓. Its total area is 105.41 square kilometers.

Hinode has an estimated population of 17,141, and a population density of 611 persons per km┬▓. Its total area is 28.07 square kilometers.

Mizuho has an estimated population of 33,117, and a population density of 1970 persons per km┬▓. Its total area is 16.85 square kilometers.

Average Town in Tokyo Size = 93.965 square kilometers.

Average Population Density in Tokyo Towns = 656.2 people per square kilometer, thus Karakura Town would be 1523.9 square kilometers.

For reference Los Angeles city where I live in has a population of 4 million and a size of 1,300 square kilometers.

Karakura Town has a known population of 1 million.

Just want to say even if it was said it's 100k people in the manga, we still should go by the novel since it's more recent, so it just mean it was retconned.

That map made by Kubo is showing us that Karakura is Tokyo from our world. There's no mentioned of tokyo in that panel, and all the towns in Karakura have fiction made names.

... you do realize Kubo literally showed us in Volume Extras where Karakura Town is located in the Tokyo prefecture, right? It's location would be around Inagi, Fuchu and Chofu cities of Tokyo.

Thus Karakura Town would be 1523.9 square kilometers.

A = Pi * R┬▓
R┬▓ = 1523.9 / Pi
R┬▓ = 485.072
R = 22.02 km

Karakura would then have a diameter of 44.04 km

That sounds good to me.

Ok, let's give Las Noches' size a try. If it looks ok then I'll put it in a blog:

I'll use 5 km/h for 16 h/day for 6 days (3 days to get to the gate and another 3 days to get back around LN), resulting in a Perimeter of 480 km.

Now, Las Noches seem to be a rectangle, so I'll assume that the Lenght of Las Noches is 2x the Width, meaning that the Perimeter is 6x the width.

P = 6 * W => 480 = 6 * W => W = 486 / 6 = 80 km;

L = 2 * W = 2 * 80 = 160 km.

Now, area: A = L * W = 160 * 80 = 12800 km square

Results:

Las Noches' Perimeter = 480 km

Las Noches' Length = 160 km

Las Noches' Width = 80 km

Las Noches' Area = 12800 km square

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back