• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Simple Dragon Ball Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also one final thing for the previous argument that Trunks and Mai escaping to the future proving Zeno's erase doesn't range multiple timelines as Aeyu was saying, Zeno managed to erase Infinite Zamasu both in Trunks's timeline and Goku's. So he does show his erasing can range to other timelines, Mai and Trunks gettind erased or not.

My opinion is that we don't know if Infinite Zamasu occupated 100% of Trunks U7 and was very little present in Goku's timeline when Zen'o erased him since we only saw a small part of him on earth.

To me, Infinite Zamasu was simply trying to time travel, and Zeno erased him while doing so

Let me get this straight.

You're basically speculating the Multiverse to be far larger than stated? I'm lost.

I'm asking this. Our profiles explicitly support both the ideas that Zeno can completely erase all of existence, and Trunks's statement on timelines. So why haven't we put 2 and 2 together in saying Zeno can erase those timelines? If we now suddenly disagree with those things we have on our pages, then at least we revise the profiles in that way.

Well there is an entire room filled with boxes which hold time rings. So he wasn't exactly wrong (maybe in how timelines are made, but definitely not in the amount)

From what I recall the time rings are only created whenever someone creates a timeline through time travel or meddling with time. Not for each timeline that is created independently of time travel or meddling. However I'm very open to that being proven wrong. If so then that manga scan shouldn't be used as one of the justifications for Xenoverse.

I should point out that the main thing being used for Xenoverse/Heroes is the "myriads" thing and there being so many timelines that the time patrollers perceive them as infinite.

I know that manga scan isn't the only thing being used for Xenoverse.

This scan however should at least prove that the cosmology in canon is "2-B" or "At least 2-C" and if we would ever accept a character affecting all of it then they should be considered these ratings.

Pretty sure it doesn't apply to current canon, because it was obviously rectonned by the fact that a new Time Ring appears everytime a new timeline is created. And there are only a handful of them.

Depends on how small.

That said, in a universe with a galactic police force and Gods, anything even "fate of the Earth" sized would be relatively small, so the multiverse would be very, very big.

I could likely be wrong but where is it said time travel is the only way timelines are created in DBS? From the statements in DBZ, timelines can be created independently from a person time travelling or meddling, and in DBS time rings are made when someone time travels or meddles. Those two not being mutually exclusive.

Isn't a time ring created when someone time travels/meddles? And I don't think it was ever said there's a time ring for every single timeline in existence, including those not created through a person time travelling or meddling. I'll have to rewatch some of those episodes.

I'm going to have to agree with @Ryukama on this settlement.

Also, @Matthew Schroeder wouldn't you say that the lack of feats is contradicting due to the fact that literally the majority of all the Dragon Ball characters on VSbattle scale off one other due to the lack of represented feats?

TheHadouCyberspaceWitch said:
Ryu, I think Trunks's statement was retconned by the fact that Time Rings are created everytime a new timeline is made, and there were only six Time Rings. Interpret that to be the size of how you like. I personally still do not see the separate universe to be as alternate space-time continua, so in my opinion, Zeno destroying all of existence would be equivalent to destroying six continua.
There are a lot more than 6 time rings. . .

Super Saiyan God Julian said:
@Warren Valion
Thanks for the image btw. Imma use that for my blog.
No problem.

I remember this topic being brought up in the: "What tier will Dragon Ball Super be at its end?" thread, so I just went through it again and found the link to the picture.

I was originally against the proposal saying that it was retconned, but seeing the seemingly infinite vault of time rings and Ryukama's statements have changed my mind.

I'm in agreement.

There's been 0 evidence proving Zen'o can affect them, though, regardless of whatever's been said. As stated before, when Zen'o stated he would "Make this world disappear," his influence engulfed the entire multiverse and everything in it, but stopped just short of entering the "Present". Were Zen'o being specific about where he was aiming, I doubt the Kais and the Z Warriors would have been so quick to get out of that timeline. The fact of the matter is that Mai and Future Trunks not being destroyed is supported by the fact that Zen'o's "World" destruction only covered that entire timeline (it didn't even destroy the timeline itself, just erased its contents) What's more, I highly doubt Whis even took into consideration alternate timelines when speaking about the multiverse, as such a thing is supposedly verboten even to gods.

Well even if people disagree with Zeno affecting all timelines, then they should at least agree that the Dragon Ball Multiverse is far far bigger than 4 to 6 timelines.

I already debunked Zeno's erase not ranging past his timeline. The same scene you want to use Trunks and Mai not getting erased Zeno erased Infinite Zamasu in both Trunks and Goku's timelines. Trunks and Mai not getting erased in of itself doesn't prove that Zeno's erase can't spread to other timelines. Then there's the fact that not everything associated with a universe has to be erased alongside it, such as the angels. And then there's the fact that in the same scene this supposed proof comes from Zeno outright had his erase reach another timelines.

And the fact that Infinite Zamasu has power that can range and affect multiple timelines helps further prove that Zeno's can too.

Alternate timelines are just forbidden to enter for most gods. But the gods, as shown in this exact same arc which centers entirely on travelling to different timelines, know completely well of their existence. Why would statements such as "anything", "all of existence as we know it", "Everything. All of reality as we know it", "Anything regardless of complexity or scale" be referring to just one timeline instead of all of them? Especially when again this statement is made during an arc that is all about travelling to other timelines.

We have always considered Whis to be a reliable source in his statements on such manners, and many of our ratings are in part based upon things he or arguably less reliable sources have said.

The range of Zeno's erase being limited to just one timeline has been disproven. While Zeno hasn't erased multiple timelines yet, Whis has made statements suggesting that he can. We've always trusted Whis's statements. We even trusted Beerus's statement that he could destroy all 12 universes back when he was completely featless.

We rate Infinite Zamasu, which I hate to break it is far less powerful than Zeno, as having power able to affect or eventually destroy multiple timelines. Which further helps the idea that Zeno's power could as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back