• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Shulk vs Ness REDUX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Theglassman12

VS Battles
Thread Moderator
Now that Shulk's profile has gotten a massive overhaul, let's see how two protagonists from Chuggaconroy's favorite games duke it out to see which one is his personal favorite. Both are at their peak, speed is equalized, and takes place on Sword Valley.

Ness: 8

Shulk: 1

Inconclusive: 1

Shulk
Ness

At first, I wasn't really sure who's gonna win the fight before, but now that Shulk got his upgrade, I'm even less sure now lol

Both Ness and Shulk have a lot of the same powers, but where they main in differences are important. One of the things that'll make this battle a little hard for Ness is that Shulk has resistances to some of the effects from Ness' PK Flash like sleep, paralysis, and most importantly OHK. While there maybe some difficulties for Ness, I will say some nice things about Ness.

- While Shulk can heal a slight of HP back via Light Heal, Ness is able to completely heal himself through PK Lifeup.

- Shulk's status effects such as poison and paralysis can be removed with PK Healing. Speaking of paralysis, Ness can still use his PSI powers even when paralyzed.

- Electricity will not work on Ness due to him having the Franklin Badge, which is capable of reflecting electricity based attacks back to the user.

- Ness can augment his shield to become stronger, Shulk cannot.

While Ness may have some higher advantages in offense and defense, there's still some things that'll, like what I said before, make this hard for Ness.

- Shulk has precognition and clairvoyance, in which I don't know the extent, but I do know that he can use it to avoid losing.

- HP Absorption, don't know how it's used tho. Physically? Magically?

- Shulk can amplify/reduce stats

The two are obviously strong and have the right powers to counter the other, but I think I'll be voting inconclusive for now. It may switch again in sometime if someone has made a good point.

Great matchup!

Ness augmenting his shields might not matter considering Shulk could either Monado purge or Monado eat Ness' shield away.

His precognition/clairvoyance will alert him of any incoming thread in the near and distant future, and he's shown to use it so many times in battle. And it's basically passive as he's given the visions without warning.

His electricity attack is mostly with a passive Ether gem that makes his attacks electric, though he can change it to make it have ice or fire or poison properties if he wants to.

Oh, that's cool then.

I'll start with his more cooler abilities and stuff, since now both of these two fighters have pretty cool resistance that will pretty much put them at an even spot.

- Ness having higher durability would help a lot, an addition to adding stats amplification. Of course, Shulk can do the same

- Ness being protected by The Truth of The Universe, who is Omniscient and 2-C, would give Ness somewhat an advantage as it controls all outcomes and destiny (so basically acts Passively for the child). Problem is, Shulk has Type 2 Acausality, so I'm pretty sure that says nope to Fate Manipulation. However, Probability Manipulation should help out Ness.

- Precognition could be an issue for Ness, but eh. Ness is being guided by a Omniscient deity, wouldn't that sorta even things out? As Ness showed a part of precognition/Clairvoyance within his Magicant when he defeated his evil side.

- AP should be around the same; Ness being able to create an entire universe, absorbing it, touching the truth for just an instant, and overlapping the universe so he can fight against that one bad evil alien dude. And Shulk Warping Reality, an addition to defeating Zanza.

All in all, as a Ness and Shulk main...

I'm hitting Inconclusive or maybe Ness

They just keep fighting on and on and on, with both being able to just heal and resisting eachothers attacks. With precognition, Shulk will be able to see whatever Ness will throw at him. However, The Truth being able to change an outcome (and guiding Ness) of a fight really makes me think that Ness wins after a very long fight. This is really hard.

Right, so Fate Manipulation here is useless. What makes this one sided is that Ness having Probability Manipulation, which was a main factor that saved his butt in the end (or basically throughout his adventure lol). I think I'll vote for Ness just because of The Truth of The Universe changing the outcome of the fight.

Ness is a living universe here, where as Shulk can oneshot a universe. Plus he's noticeably above baseline; Shulk > Zanza (With two Monados) >>>>> Zanza (With one Monado) >>>>> Meyneth. Shulk also has things like Monado Purge which dulls all perception. Shulk has omnipresent precognition, but Ness is Omnipresent; though, Shulk can still see Ness' future while Ness can't see Shulk's future do to him type 2 Acausality.

Still giving the win to Shulk though.

Like I said, Ness has above baseline durability, preventing him from being one shotted. I said AP is somewhat similar, but I am not so sure now, but still would not be an issue to Ness if Shulks Above baseline. Type 2 Acausality, however, protects Shulk from Fate Manipulation and Precognition. I'm only giving Ness the victory because of Truth of The Universe changing the outcomes.

Isn't it against Shulk's character to use abilities such as Reality Warping? Or busting the universe (which will be a difficult task since ya know, Above baseline)?

And now did I think about it, wouldn't Ness have abilities such as Large size (Type 8), Higher-Dimensional Existence, (maybe) Non-Corporal, Fusionism, and Cosmic Awareness (he does have Nigh-Omniscience)? Because he did become one with the universe (and absorb Magicant).

Yeah, it's against Shulk's character to use Reality Warping.

As for the other stuff, I think you should talk about it in content revisions. Although I do agree with fusionism and cosmic awareness.

Yeah, the Ness stuff could be on the Content Revision. And while it would normally being against Shulk's character to use Reality Warping; in this case, he's fighting a literal universe; so the "willing to kill" on Standard Battle Assumptions might change that somewhat. He still leads with things like Monado purge which could actually make Cosmic Awareness useless. Non-Corporal and Higher dimensional existence are already things Shulk bypasses.

Shulk can disrupt the ether or fabric of existence and bent it to his will via the monado combinded with precog and killing zanza (with 2 monados) I think he will win.

Causality Manipulation > Probability Manipulation; which the former is something Shulk has.

I don't really see that on his profile, unless I'm missing something... I am also sorta confused on how Monado Purge works and how it disrupts Ness's PSI (even tho he did go up against a duck with power null). What were the previous arguments for Inconclusive on that one old Shulk vs Ness thread? Pretty sure it wasn't too good My first reply was there, but I was too stupid to even comprehend anything within that thread.

The votes were pretty evenly split on the previous thread, and Causality Manipulation was discussed between me and Glass on PM. But it comes from a direct quote from Alvis. "You have the ability to understand the law of causality." This video mention it.

dude, I said in the thread that it wasn't causality manipulation, but Acausality. Besides, if it was, I would've put it in his profile in the first place.

I didn't quite remember that, I thought you said it was both. He already has Type 2 Acausality given even those with omnipresent precognition can't predict him yes, but isn't "Manipulating the laws of causality" that.

UNDERSTANDING the law of causality. Not MANIPULATING. For peets sakes dude I even said that it wasn't Causality Manipulation when I made the CRT

DarkDragonMedeus said:
Yeah, the Ness stuff could be on the Content Revision. And while it would normally being against Shulk's character to use Reality Warping; in this case, he's fighting a literal universe; so the "willing to kill" on Standard Battle Assumptions might change that somewhat. He still leads with things like Monado purge which could actually make Cosmic Awareness useless. Non-Corporal and Higher dimensional existence are already things Shulk bypasses.
Just realized that his fight against Goku should probably get removed since the main argument was that Shulk would not use RW in character; though now it could be a stomp or deserves a redux Also might do so with Nuss, but I have my doubts since he stomped Broly.

I'm still keeping my vote btw, but willing to change if anything reasonable comes up.

@DaBigP well It's gonna be removed cause I thought Goku having UI would counter it, and it seems I was wrong. Reality warping his foes is out of character for him, which is why I'm redoing both matches.

I'm leaning towards Ness but I'd like to see more arguments before officially voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back