• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Shulk vs Ness REDUX

Status
Not open for further replies.
My boi Ness, because he deserves to take the W.

Although, can I get more clarification on his stats? Some people don't see him as universal despite holding off Giygas, and the omnipresence thing is DEFINITELY gonna need more of an explanation.

Looking at their profiles again; both have some pretty broken hax, but also resistance to each other's hax. Also should note that Truth of the Universe is kind of similar to Alvis; who also might be getting upgrades. I'd say Attack Reflection is Ness's best remaining ability that isn't quite countered, while Shulk's is Monado Purge. Though, Monado Purge bypasses shields that cause attack reflection.

Still pretty close and could go either way, but I'm still slightly leaning towards Shulk by a hair. Would still be happy if Ness wins though, but just saying.

DarkDragonMedeus said:
Looking at their profiles again; both have some pretty broken hax, but also resistance to each other's hax. Also should note that Truth of the Universe is kind of similar to Alvis; who also might be getting upgrades. I'd say Attack Reflection is Ness's best remaining ability that isn't quite countered, while Shulk's is Monado Purge. Though, Monado Purge bypasses shields that cause attack reflection.
Still pretty close and could go either way, but I'm still slightly leaning towards Shulk by a hair. Would still be happy if Ness wins though, but just saying.
Would it still be considered out of character to use his more powerful hax, when say Shulk gets desperate enough or he's about to lose, or perhaps in a great state of rage? I mean we see it against enemies like Metal Face.

Against the Telethia, he actually leads with Monado Purge. He doesn't lead with the whole destruction and recreation for sure, but Monado Arts are something he leads with as well as omnipresent scale precognition.

I'll have to confirm my vote for Ness FRA.

TDarkDragonMedeus said:
Against the Telethia, he actually leads with Monado Purge. He doesn't lead with the whole destruction and recreation for sure, but Monado Arts are something he leads with as well as omnipresent scale precognition.
That isn't what I asked. I'm talking about the end game here. I mean neither of them would lead with their more overpowered haxes but if the fight gets to it's peak will they start pulling out all the stops. Also why is the person only counting the Ness votes? He's skipping over the people who said Shulk would win

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back