• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Shovel Knight (Shovel Knight) Vs. Falinks (Pokémon)

Shovel Knight is 3.64x stronger, but the Falinks have AP, dura and speed amps to make that gap up. And while SK is no stranger to fighting multiple enemies, these are 6 Pokemon who use highly coordinated teamwork to fight.

Shovel knight can use phase locket then spam a bunch of projectiles(chaos orb, flare wand, alchemy coin and such) or even war horn in a pinch as it covers a radius around him

Also, since Falinks is weak to Flying types, would Propeller dagger and shovel pogo count as Flying attacks?

All Pokemon can hit intangibles with non-normal or fighting type moves. Phase locket shouldn't be an issue.

We don't verse-equalize flying moves that aren't air manip, since most of them result in 'a tackle but done by a bird'. So I doubt those would count as flying attacks.

• Alchemy Coin: A projectile that slides on the ground and bounces off of walls, dealing light damage to enemies. It can transmute smaller enemies into riches that can be later collected.
What constitutes a smaller enemy?

Is Phase Locket intangibility the same kind of intangibility as in the pokemon verse? Because I think that addage "being able to harm intangibles" comes from hitting ghost pokemon. So are ghost pokemon actually straight-up ghosts or is it just a name? I don't think they're ghosts in the typical sense if they can be harmed via the physical attacks of any basic verse fodder.

No, I mean it allows SK to move through attacks of all kinds, and over stage hazards entirely. In pokemon, ghost type intangibility resists physical attacks from fighting and normal types. SK's locket allows him to phase through fire and lighting with ease, which should mean that it functions differently.

Ghost type intangibility works on special attacks from fighting and normal, not just physical attacks. The immunity is type-based.

But they aren't immune to fire and lightning, which is where your point is made.

Back