• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

This Thread Needs to Be Closed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chanimate

He/Him
Ori vs The Knight (Hollow Knight)

Both are 9-B. Ori in Base Key. The Knight is in Voidheart key.

Speed is equalized.

There are other threads of this, but they are all super outdated, so I made this one

Ori:

The Knight:

Incon:

Last edited:
I believe knight is being downgraded but for now

Just over 2x AP advantage for Ori. Will wait for a debate because I don't feel like debating

I believe knight is being downgraded
Actually, it's the opposite.

Dunno why Knight is not 9-B+ in voidheart key.
Might revise that. Heck, I should revise the keys in general.
Additionally I'll be revising AP soon again once I'm done with the calc. Please wait til the profile is fully updated with all abilities and AP.

Does Ori have any resistance to Knight absorbing it's soul, then blasting it back in its face?
It's not soul it's SOUL

SOUL is basically energy like mana with a bit of personality and actual soul mixed in. If it was full on souls Hornet and Mantis Lords would be dead or irreversibly damaged.

Anyways even with the unrevised version Knight outskills (can fight hordes of trained royal guards, beat all three mantis lords (two at the same time) who are the strongest of the mantises who train from childhood in combat, thus 2 ML at a time > 1 at a time > adult mantis > juvenile mantis). Knight can dodge danmaku and all forms of tricky techniques, has dealt with AOE attack users and several homing attack users.
With shade dash he is basically invulnerable to Ori as he'd be dodging him left and right and all he has to do is chip away at him.

It's not soul it's SOUL

SOUL is basically energy like mana with a bit of personality and actual soul mixed in. If it was full on souls Hornet and Mantis Lords would be dead or irreversibly damaged.
From the looks of the profiles it seems that we treat it as the same thing.
Which is consistent with how characters without soul (void creatures) don't give off SOUL when hit.
As for why Hornet and others aren't irreversibly damaged, that could just mean souls somehow repair themselves over time.

From the looks of the profiles it seems that we treat it as the same thing.
Which is consistent with how characters without soul (void creatures) don't give off SOUL when hit.
As for why Hornet and others aren't irreversibly damaged, that could just mean souls somehow repair themselves over time.
I'll reply later once I check a few things but generally speaking soul is more of a substance with life imprints of the people its taken from

More evidence that it isn't just the same thing as an actual soul is that Kingsoul gives limitless soul and Deep Focus can gather soul from air.

More evidence that it isn't just the same thing as an actual soul is that Kingsoul gives limitless soul and Deep Focus can gather soul from air.
That doesn't exactly say much. Souls are, as far as we know, not actually real irl. And the portrayal of souls in fiction can vastly vary. In some media even physical objects possess soul, in some souls are only restricted to sentient intelligent beings.

Would it be more fair if I put the Knight in its The Knight key?
You mean in his base without void heart and charms? Well you already didn't give him any charms and voidheart key only gives him resistances so it probably doesn't change much.
Both of the so far mentioned win cons are just his base abilities.

Oh Shit, I support both verses

So... before I start making a argument from one of them, does the Ghost soul hax treated as one-shot?

Hell, it's not even lethal. Hornet is perfectly fine after both of the fights against her. The Mantis Lords are fine as well. Dung Defender is also fine.
See, I don't know if it should or shouldn't be a OHKO ability. I feel like this should be more discussed to really reach a conclusion.

But using in-universe events as basis is just wrong. Just because HK characters can survive with their souls damaged or whatever doesn't mean characters from other verses would be capable of doing so as well.

See, I don't know if it should or shouldn't be a OHKO ability. I feel like this should be more discussed to really reach a conclusion.

But using in-universe events as basis is just wrong. Just because HK characters can survive with their souls damaged or whatever doesn't mean characters from other verses would be capable of doing so as well.
David. Mate.

We go by what's shown and stated.

And what's shown and stated is that the Knight's soul Manipulation is bordering on useless offensively

Yes and what's shown is that Knight absorbs soul of the opponent by hitting them.

Why? How is that what's shown?
Nobody getting OHKO'd instantly.

As for why, it's an added assumption to the power, in case you didn't realize, this wiki doesn't like assumptions.

Nobody getting OHKO'd instantly.
Okay so HK characters can survive with their souls being damaged. Can Ori do so?
As for why, it's an added assumption to the power, in case you didn't realize, this wiki doesn't like assumptions.
What's an assumption here? That's like if I cut someone's head off, they survived, and you claimed decapitation is not a win con against anyone else anymore.

Okay so HK characters can survive with their souls being damaged. Can Ori do so?

What's an assumption here? That's like if I cut someone's head off, they survived, and you claimed decapitation is not a win con against anyone else anymore.
Ori does have immortality via resurrection if that matters

The assumption is that all soul hax one-shots. That is a proof that must be provided in-verse.

It doesn't matter how much you think The Knight's soul hax one-shots, that shit isn't even lethal let alone one-tap worthy

Ok, so does Ori have any win-cons, or does The Knight just chip away at Ori until it wins

Yeah Knight chips away even if Ori has a soul link. His opponents have never been crazy skillful afaik and were mainly huge wild beasts with some powers. Knight on the other hand is proficient in long range and close quarters with both skilled large and skilled small opponents. Ori isn't winning.

Either way the Knight outskills and wins. If Ori has the Soul Link then Knight can also come back via his own immortality which checks notes he...doesn't have on his profile...even though it has been shown as canonical...huh.

I think this alone shows us that we have to close this because the profile is heavily outdated and is in need of revisions.

Either way the Knight outskills and wins. If Ori has the Soul Link then Knight can also come back via his own immortality which checks notes he...doesn't have on his profile...even though it has been shown as canonical...huh.

I think this alone shows us that we have to close this because the profile is heavily outdated and is in need of revisions.
Idk how to close this

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back