• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Shovel knight and Custom Knight changes

Lou_change

He/Him
This verse currently suffers from some inconsistent profiles, and missing abilities this is meant to fix that problem well at least for these two.

Shovel Knight and Custom Knight
This is the big profile/s change suggestions
to put it simple custom knight isn't meant to be a separate character just a modifiable version with extra powers make custom Knight a separate key still however

I am pretty sure it isn't meant to be canon but I am against this because I put some work into fixing it still the page has to go just needs to become a key

the items that shovel knight has aren't all accurate however all that he should have the correct is listed in the relic tabber. Custom Knight's standard equipment just adds Bait Bomb, Flareo Rod, Rising Dagger, Infinidagger, Tow Anchor, Ghost Gloves, Buzzsaw Boomerang, Fleet Flask, and Shadow Knight

Dust Knuckles should not have Statistics Amplification however it should have limited Pseudo-flight as you stay in the air longer if you punch something and moves you forward

Throwing Anchor a possible lifting strength feat and arguably creation or metal manipulation it can also go thru wallx

Alchemy Coin again second part of throwing anchor

Mobile Gear same as above but also should have all abilities Tinker Knight shows with it as likely abilities with the note mentioning he doesn't know how to use those powers

Chaos sphere needs to be in the relic tabber

Ichor of Boldness, invincibility power ups aren't supposed be listed as Invulnerability

Magic being limited should be listed as a weakness and the amount of magic needed should be listed with the relic itself

Everything that applies to shovel Knight applies to custom Knight but his relics are explained terribly or simply not at all bait bombs are explosion manipulation, fleet flask is Statistics Amplification(speed boost), Flareo Rod has explosion manipulation, Rising Dagger and Infinidagger are still limited flight, however Tow Anchor gives more pseudo-flight as it works in the air, Ghost Glove gives energy manipulation and maybe Ectoplasm Manipulation, Shadow Knight is darkness manipulation and duplication

Burrow Bomber, Blink Dash, and Bomb Burst are pseudo flight, Bomb Burst is also explosion manipulation, Flare Razer is fire manipulation, Blink Dash gives intangibility, Coin Capture is Magnetism Manipulation, Glide Cloud is minor smoke manipulation and gliding, Double Jump is pseudo flight, and Bounce Bomb is explosion manipulation

And with that I am done listing things for now, thanks for reading.

Agree: DarkDragonMedeus

Disagree:

Last edited:
to put it simple custom knight isn't meant to be a separate character just a modifiable version with extra powers make custom Knight a separate key still however

I’d agree if it’s the case.

Is there some kind of scan or picture of the menu screen to support this part that can be added in notes for normies to the verse such as myself to understand?

Or is that unnecessary?

There are no direct statements but custom knight is just a shovel knight with more powers and less evidence of being canon the profile doesn't have any reason to be separate and the only two things that should be done is just delete it or add it as a key to shovel knight and delete the old also the story and his dialogue box call him shovel with custom knight powers it seems that custom knight is the name of the feature itself.

Well, ok then. But if so, there should be notes or a summary detailing why Custom Knight is a key on Shovel Knight’s to help prevent future CRTs from removing him.

I guess honestly I am not sure if the key should stay that said Alex Mercer has non canon powers listed also maybe just a note saying that they are not canon but rather there to help with match up options or something.

man i really need to add myself as a supporter of the verse
Following. Will comment on this later.

I'm neutral on the profile fusion and the deletion of Custom Knight's profile, but the other changes are fine 'n' dandy.

Leaning to agree more than not on this thread. Maybe there would be some argue about custom knight deletion, however anything else seems good to apply.

Back