• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Shouldn’t Saiyan Saga Krillin’s destructo disc be low 5-B?

An attack being sharp enough to damage a person of a certain tier should be on the profile.

AP is not about destructive force. "The Destructive Capacity that an attack is equivalent to. A character with a certain degree of attack potency does not necessarily need to cause destructive feats on that level, but can cause damage to characters that can withstand such forces. As such it isn't proof of a low attack potency, if a character's attacks only cause a small amount of destruction."

The attack can cause damage to someone who is a higher tier? Than having that level of AP for that attack, even if it is due to being sharp, is within reason. Ignoring a possible feat just because it's done via cutting is absurd. Either mention in the AP section, or call it an outlier.

Do not ignore it because of reasons.

The attack can cause damage to someone who is a higher tier? Than having that level of AP for that attack, even if it is due to being sharp, is within reason. Ignoring a possible feat just because it's done via cutting is absurd. Either mention in the AP section, or call it an outlier.
If I can add an example to this: If one of our sword profiles can chop a boulder in half, then on the profile, the sword would be given whatever tier the AP was calculated as. No one is dismissing it because "cutting". So, I ask: How is an energy blade chopping through someone with the durability of a certain tier any different? It's not like anyone's saying Krillin can punch this hard, just hurt people this strong with one specific attack.

An attack being sharp enough to damage a person of a certain tier should be on the profile.

AP is not about destructive force. "The Destructive Capacity that an attack is equivalent to. A character with a certain degree of attack potency does not necessarily need to cause destructive feats on that level, but can cause damage to characters that can withstand such forces. As such it isn't proof of a low attack potency, if a character's attacks only cause a small amount of destruction."

Do not ignore it because of reasons.
I just don't want it to be misleading. So long as it specifies it is with the Destruco Disk and people are clear that he can't just empower his other Ki blasts to cause that level of destruction / force, then fine.

I just don't want it to be misleading. So long as it specifies it is with the Destruco Disk and people are clear that he can't just empower his other Ki blasts to cause that level of destruction / force, then fine.
Of course, it does need to be specified.

I believe that whatever tier with Destructo Disc is what is being suggested here? Obviously his other attacks do not scale to this, as this attack is made to cut through opponents that are stronger than himself.

prompted Vegeta to scream for Nappa to evade
009.jpg
010.jpg
made Great Ape Vegeta evade
cut Freeza’s tail

So long as it specifies it is with the Destruco Disk
Not to be that guy but that's literally what the entire CRT is about ofc it's being specified with the destructo disk and that's not at all the message or image you've displayed with your previous responses that if it specified it's okay. @Coolboy6 argued this through and through to be countered with circular arguements that and statements that wouldn't or shouldn't have happened if it was all down to just specifying that it's only okay to tier it with the damage of the destructo disk specifically. And I'm not putting this all on you but please try and articulate where you stand on these things better first and how you'd handle them before countering.

Anywho I'm glad that got sorted out and I do agree with you that cutting Buu doesn't or rather shouldn't count in this case

Not to be that guy but that's literally what the entire CRT is about ofc it's being specified with the destructo disk and that's not at all the message or image you've displayed with your previous responses that if it specified it's okay. @Coolboy6 argued this through and through to be countered with circular arguements that and statements that wouldn't or shouldn't have happened if it was all down to just specifying that it's only okay to tier it with the damage of the destructo disk specifically. And I'm not putting this all on you but please try and articulate where you stand on these things better first and how you'd handle them before countering.

Anywho I'm glad that got sorted out and I do agree with you that cutting Buu doesn't or rather shouldn't count in this case

Actually, I'm not convinced yet that it should be applied. Other staff seem to have issues with the Destruco Disk in this thread too.

Actually, I'm not convinced yet that it should be applied. Other staff seem to have issues with the Destruco Disk in this thread too.
Yeah but skimming over that I don't even agree with that and it'd create some weird scaling since characters like 18 would then also be affected jumping them up solidly to 3-A which is obviously a major jump that isn't justified plus it's moreso because of inconsistencies in super and Goku holding back

I'm not sure about this. Krillin's Kienzan is clearly able to cut fighter WAY above his league (Nappa, Frieza). Even Goku cut Buutenks in half

It may be that Kienzan allows the user to ignore durability or simply cut people regardless of how strong they are

I believe he means because it's using the destructo disk for scaling so it's relevant in a way
Correct.

I'm not sure about this. Krillin's Kienzan is clearly able to cut fighter WAY above his league (Nappa, Frieza). Even Goku cut Buutenks in half
Buutenks doesn't count. Buu's durability is extremely flexible.

completely agree with the original post, I don't understand the counterarguments
isn't it common knowledge that piercing damage is able to hurt things that are on a much higher tier? original post makes complete sense, I agree

I already said my comments, I personally don't think this is good enough evidence for Krillin to be Low 5-B via Destructo Disks.

I am neutral. As long as it is made clear that this is specifically with the Destructo Disc, I don't mind. We already treat the destructo disc attack to have a much higher AP than normal attacks.

I am neutral. As long as it is made clear that this is specifically with the Destructo Disc, I don't mind. We already treat the destructo disc attack to have a much higher AP than normal attacks.
Of course, i will make clear that it's specifically with Destructo Disc :3

Back