• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Shouldn’t Saiyan Saga Krillin’s destructo disc be low 5-B?

Coolboy6

He/Him

I mean, it left quite a scar on Nappa’s face and Vegeta kind of knew that Nappa wouldn’t survive so he told Nappa to avoid the attack. If Vegeta knew Nappa could tank Krillin’s destructo disc, he wouldn’t have told Nappa to get out of the way.

Krillin's Profile says Nappa was casual, implying Krillin doesn't scale. Not sure why Nappa freaking out means he was casual tho.

Lets wait for DB supporters to clarify.
Vegeta knew that Nappa would survive so he told him to dodge it. Krillin doesn’t scale physically because he only ever did damage to Nappa with that one move.

he looked casual before but it was more confidence, once vegeta literally screamed at him to dodge he became serious, so krillin should scale tbh
This with us also seeing that it still drew blood from nappa so it should scale tbh

well, the reason is because Kienzan is Piercing Damage, so at best it is higher via Kienzan due to Piercing Damage

well, the reason is because Kienzan is Piercing Damage, so at best it is higher via Kienzan due to Piercing Damage
It wasn’t considered piercing damage when Frieza saga Krillin used it against Frieza. IIRC, Cell saga Krillin used it against cell and it didn’t work, I only remember seeing it in the anime tho and not sure if this happened in the manga.

It wasn’t considered piercing damage when Frieza saga Krillin used it against Frieza. IIRC, Cell saga Krillin used it against cell and it didn’t work, I only remember seeing it in the anime tho and not sure if this happened in the manga.
Point is, Destructo Disk was never treated as an attack that can cut through everything in existence.

Peircing Damage can be negated by much higher durability, the gap between Krillin and Nappa is much much smaller compare to the gap between Krillin and Frieza

Peircing Damage can be negated by much higher durability, the gap between Krillin and Nappa is much much smaller compare to the gap between Krillin and Frieza
That’s kind of a dumb reason to disregard the low 5-B tier for Krillin when the destructo disk has enough feats to bump up a tier. You can’t just disregard it just cause the power gap is smaller and similar logic is applied from Saiyan Saga to Frieza saga.

That’s kind of a dumb reason to disregard the low 5-B tier for Krillin when the destructo disk has enough feats to bump up a tier. You can’t just disregard it just cause the power gap is smaller and similar logic is applied from Saiyan Saga to Frieza saga.
like i said before, it is just higher via Piercing damage

like i said before, it is just higher via Piercing damage
That's not an argument though at this point you're just repeating that it's higher via piercing damage tho when it's been clearly explained and you aren't justifying your claim at all. Meanwhile @Coolboy6 has thoroughly countered your claims

As stated
Point is, Destructo Disk was never treated as an attack that can cut through everything in existence.
And the fact of the matter from what you said in response is this
So just saying "bro via piercing damage" isn't convincing

That's not an argument though at this point you're just repeating that it's higher via piercing damage tho when it's been clearly explained and you aren't justifying your claim at all. Meanwhile @Coolboy6 has thoroughly countered your claims

As stated
And the fact of the matter from what you said in response is this
So just saying "bro via piercing damage" isn't convincing
And what is the justification for Low 5-B anyway, draw some blood and scratch on Nappa face???. And Piercing Damage was also never treated as can pierce anything in existence, and if Kienzan can truly cut anything, it will be not listed as Piercing Damage but Dura Neg

And what is the justification for Low 5-B anyway, draw some blood and scratch on Nappa face???. And Piercing Damage was also never treated as can pierce anything in existence, and if Kienzan can truly cut anything, it will be not listed as Piercing Damage but Dura Neg
Vegeta also knew that Nappa couldn’t make it out alive so he told him to dodge the Kienzan. If Vegeta knew and thought that Nappa was powerful enough to survive, he would have let him tank the attack. That’s another justification for you.

Nappa was mostly toying with the cast; and Dragon Ball is kind of infamous for the "Durability drops exponentially when distracted". It's similar to the time it was able to cut off 2nd form Frieza's tail. There's also Piccolo's destructive wave (I think that's the technique he used) when Nappa assumed he was knocked out and Piccolo struck while his back was turned and it put a big gash on his back.

I don't think this is enough to scale from a serious Nappa.

Nappa was mostly toying with the cast; and Dragon Ball is kind of infamous for the "Durability drops exponentially when distracted". It's similar to the time it was able to cut off 2nd form Frieza's tail. There's also Piccolo's destructive wave (I think that's the technique he used) when Nappa assumed he was knocked out and Piccolo struck while his back was turned and it put a big gash on his back.

I don't think this is enough to scale from a serious Nappa.
Umm, Nappa wasn’t even close to being distracted, like at all. He was pretty much on guard in that scene the whole time. And Vegeta knew that Nappa couldn’t survive Krillin’s kienzan.

Interestingly, the Daizenshuu 2 describes the Destructo Disc as an attack that "cuts anything in two with one slice". Along with that, after Nappa just barely evaded the Disc, Vegeta urged him to, "Use your head," suggesting there was some unique property or hidden, underlying craftiness of the attack that gave it its oomph, rather than just being powerful; unlike Nappa, Vegeta is a brilliant warrior and a genius tactician and strategist, something great minds like Goku and Piccolo have noted.

That is just my interpretation, though.

Interestingly, the Daizenshuu 2 describes the Destructo Disc as an attack that "cuts anything in two with one slice". Along with that, after Nappa just barely evaded the Disc, Vegeta urged him to, "Use your head," suggesting there was some unique property or hidden, underlying craftiness of the attack that gave it its oomph, rather than just being powerful.

That is just my interpretation, though.
I doubt it could cut through anything if you’re powerful enough to fight back against it.

Are there any examples of someone defending against or even countering a Destructo Disc in the original manga?
There’s this galactic patrol prisoner countering Krillin’s multiple kienzans

Lra0X4l.jpg

There’s this galactic patrol prisoner countering Krillin’s multiple kienzans

In that case though he's more deflecting them than actually tanking them head-on.

That is the Super manga, and that guy appears to be bouncing off of the center of the Disc based on the placement of the impact marks, rather than the edge which is the dangerous part of the attack.

There's also this, but unsure if this is in the manga as well.
And there's also Gohan catching 2 kienzans from cell, but idk if that's in the manga as well.

Considering the nature of the attack, I'm not sure if this warrants an AP upgrade. It may have been able to do more damage than his ordinary attacks not because it was more powerful but because it was an extreme cutting attack.

Considering the nature of the attack, I'm not sure if this warrants an AP upgrade. It may have been able to do more damage than his ordinary attacks not because it was more powerful but because it was an extreme cutting attack.
Ki isn’t always treated as piercing damage. Why are people saying this is piercing damage when all the other times Krillin has used the damn attack, it wasn’t? Also why do you keep bothering me in every damn crt I make?

Ki isn’t always treated as piercing damage. Why are people saying this is piercing damage when all the other times Krillin has used the damn attack, it wasn’t? Also why do you keep bothering me in every damn crt I make?
Dude, I don't care about you in the slightest. I got involved because this is a Dragon Ball CRT, not a Coolboy6 CRT.

And what do you mean that the Destructo Disc wasn't treated as piercing damage any other time?

Even if it's piercing damage (Which I agree with given it's a razor-sharp edge), can't we acknowledge the tiers it can cut through in the AP section anyways?

And what do you mean that the Destructo Disc wasn't treated as piercing damage any other time?
Because it’s a charged up ki attack, not an actual sword. It wasn’t piercing damage when used against Frieza, but people consider it piercing damage here which is really dumb tbh. At this point people are just repeating their arguments here.

It literally has an actual tier because it literally did high 5-A damage… Saiyan Saga Krillin did Low 5-B damage with his Kienzan…
Okay, then maybe we should revise that as well then.

Back