• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Should there be separate Mario pages?

This is a page wanted by many for a while now for mulitple resons. First of all I know Paper Mario combined Mario's page but as proved in Paper Jam, Paper Mario and the original are not the same. This page will help shorten the crowed mess that is Mario's page.This wolud also be useful for Paper Mario vs macthes. Paper Mario has different tiers,attack,and Items. The page will cover Paper Mario 64 though Sicker Star.

I agree wholeheartedly with this initiative for a few reasons, so of which Scrub pointed out like

A. The current Mario page is rather crowded and difficult to guage with all of it's different stats.

B. Paper Mario is different enough in his design, appearance, tiering, abilities, standard equipment notability and tone of his stories in order to constitute a seperate page

C. Since Paper Mario alone is used in a lot of threads, a spearate proifle could be beneficial

D. This isn't any major or inconvient project. All that would be needed is simply transferring the stats on Mario's current over to the new page, and in turn we'd end up with much better organization and efficiency with listing his stats.

@Cal that literally takes no time or effort whatsoever, and getting neater, better pages makes it worth it.

True, but just stating, in case someone misses it. One more question I have is how do we handle threads using composite Mario? Those have been popping up a lot recently.

The real cal howard said:
True, but just stating, in case someone misses it. One more question I have is how do we handle threads using composite Mario? Those have been popping up a lot recently.
Only two that are pretty much inconclusive anyways have been made for the first time in quite a while. It isn't really an issue to deal with.

Okay. Anyway, I completely agree with what you and scrub stated. There should be a difference, as they are two different characters with two different tierings.

Not to be rude, but this discussion has been done before.

vsbattles.wikia.com/wiki/Thread:182531

The discussion has been done before.

this thread has been discussed before twice I believe and in both cases paper Mario = Mario since there has been more evidence that paper Mario = Mario going from goombarios tattles which confirm super Mario bros happening thousand year door referring to Luigi's mansion super paper Mario has the mega star which turns Mario into his smb sprite form and many references to past titles. mostly by dinorangerblack since Nintendo literally doesn't care about established canons and only did this to extend the roster example bowser and dry bowser, Mario and metal Mario/tanooki/golden/cat. However I have a different idea for a paper Mario not to change/remove any items from Mario's page but to make a paper Mario page for the one that appeared in paper jam since he can be considered a character by himself. having enough abilities to make himself a page on the site without mixing him up for this pages Mario

The point of a page really is not due to canonicity rather neatness and organization. Yes there isn't a Mario canon, yet Paper Mario has enough differences from regular Mario to constitute his own profile. Comparing obscure power ups like Tanooki Mario or Dry Bowser to a different form of a character who has its own spinoff series spanning 5 going on 6 games and is literally over infinitely more powerful isn't a really fair comparison to make.

I can agree with paper Mario getting a page based off only the paper Mario appearance from paper jam, but not paper Mario-sticker star since those titles have more base evidence to belonging to the Mario on this page even superstar saga proves that and paper Mario:Luigi's diary only provides more evidence towards that idea. I was mainly using those appearances Mario party/tennis/kart as examples of Nintendo doing this multiple of the same character before.besides, if it's the same character what point is there to make multiple pages to describe only one character. paper mario from paper jam i believe can have a separate page since he has enough abilities on his own but i don't think it is necessary to remove the previous paper Mario information from this Marios page.

Yes! I just love when people care about mario to make him neat :0) don't worry @Marionaruto1 mario and paper are canon it's just to make it look neater like @ryu said. I was eventually gonna say it as well (Sooner or later) due to it being mashed together. So keep ur head up high! My vote goes to this as well i got a photo for paper mario too

@Marionaruto1 The thing is though that Mario does not have canon, but the reason people want a Paper Mario page isn't really a canon issue or a matter of it being the same character or not. It's to make the keys on Mario's page less crowded. Plus the fact that while they technically aren't different canons, Paper Mario is so different from regular Mario, that he alone does qualify for a separate profile. Pretty much every thing to his powers, his appearance, his standard equpiment, his specific powers, the overall tone of his stories are all vastly different than Mario's.

When you have a "version" or whatever you want to call it who is so different he can essentially be called another character, and the current composite profile being real messy and all over, it isn't too unreasonable to suggest a different profile.

This seems reasonable, though we should still link Paper Mario's profile in a note on the composite page due to him being such a major part of the series.

Azathoth the Abyssal Idiot said:
This seems reasonable, though we should still link Paper Mario's profile in a note on the composite page due to him being such a major part of the series.
Agreed. Perhaps something like "Here for a profile based off his appearance in the Paper Mario series" or something along those lines listed as a note.

@NotAMarioFan yeah had that one in mind too lol. Looks perfect

I think that what Ryukama said seems reasonable.

Antvasima said:
I think that what Ryukama said seems reasonable.
Thank you, Ant. So when should the profile be made and who should do it? I guess I could transfer the stats right now if you want.

Okay. I will temporarily unlock Mario's profile. You can tell me here when you are done.

Apologies. I have a couple more edits to make on Paper Mario (boldening things I forgot to bold and transferring Mario's "flip" ability. This will only take like a minute to do however and I'll be done for good afterwards.

Alright I am all done. Thank you very much Ant.

Also Scrub is very experienced with Thousand Year and Sticker Star (much more than I am) so perhaps we keep the Paper Mario page locked with the current transferred stats and then when he can makes the the stats for the other games, he can run it though some of us and then add them real quick.

Okay. You can ask an admin for help at that point.

Certainly. Again thanks for everything.

It might have been beat to have waited for input from Dino Ranger Black first, yes.

Back