• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Should there be separate Mario pages?

Okay. When you have a computer svailable, I can temporarily unlock it for you.

I suppose that we could wait for a while.

One more unimportant thing: The win against Dante was Paper Mario too. Normal Mario would either stomp or be stomped.

Well with the Super Suit and Battle Cards Mario can Easily beat Dante due to better hax, equipment and reflex.

Sorry I'm late for the discussion. However, I'm opposed to this change due to the same common mistake everbody keeps making with Paper Jam when games such as Super Mario 64 DS, Super Mario Sunshine, and other spin offs made too many connections to the series to write off as a "different canon". Different gameplay styles, artstyle, and tone of the series should not be a reason to seperate a character from the series, especially when one of Mario's stats originate from the M and L games which also sport a different playstyle. This is the equilvalent making a profile for Yoshi in Wooly World or Kirby in Rainbow Curse for similar reasons. If neatness is the issue then we simply remove the stats Mario gets from the Pure Hearts since they already have their own profile and Mario's name is under the users category. Plus, he's the main character, so of course his profile will be more detailed and heavy than the other characters. Just look at Naruto, Sonic, and the Megaman incarnations page and compare them to their peers in the same verse. I request that we take down Paper Mario page at once. I also request taking down the pages for Mario in the movie, manga, the M and L series, and the SMRPG.

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Mario_(Mario_&_Luigi)

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Mario_(Super_Mario_RPG)

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Mario_(Manga)

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Mario_(Super_Mario_RPG)

Not only people rarely visit and discuss them, the latter two are incomplete. Plus, most of their abilities are in the main page. There's no reason to seperate Mario's persona when other characters in the series also kept their stats from the various games he's also in.

It might be better if you create a new topic that I can highlight for you at this point.

NotAMarioFan(lol) said:
Finally your here, so why erase the manga one?
I apopologize for being late. Anyway, Mario's manga stats are quite random. Especially the stats he gets for his speed. I don't recall Pirahna Plants reaching Mach speed and there are no links justifying it.

I guess mario and luigi series and RPG are on mario's page anyway i think and as for mario movie I guess it should be as a jokes battle page but people worked hard on that page lol

I don't think the Mario movie pages should be removed since they're pretty much different then Mario and Luigi in every way.

Darkanine said:
I don't think the Mario movie pages should be removed since they're pretty much different then Mario and Luigi in every way.
True but are they really necessary to begin with? These profiles aren't really going to be taken serious.....

Dino Ranger Black said:
Darkanine said:
True but are they really necessary to begin with? These profiles aren't really going to be taken serious.....

Still, they're written to be serious, have been seriously been used in fights and honestly it feels rather disrespectful to delete them because of how infamous the movie is.

Darkanine said:
Dino Ranger Black said:
Darkanine said:
Still, they're written to be serious, have been seriously been used in fights and honestly it feels rather disrespectful to delete them because of how infamous the movie is.
I'm not trying to delete them due to how bad the movie was.....it was because they feel more like joke profiles that I doubt it would be discussed for actual debates.

@Dino It isn't the differences themselves that I was saying we make the separate profiles for. It was rather a neatness thing, which I was saying a separate page wouldn't be unreasonable given the differences. In other words the differences aren't the reason, rather something that supports the reason.

"Different gameplay styles, artstyle, and tone of the series should not be a reason to seperate a character from the series, especially when one of Mario's stats originate from the M and L games which also sport a different playstyle."

First of all you only listed some of the differences I brough up, and not all of them, or the differences relevant to VS debating or profile making. (Paper Mario is literally infinitely more powerful with the stars and every stat is different) Also gameplay style is really one the only key differences from the M&L game, so using that in a comparison isn't a rather fair assessment.

Neither is comparing Paper Mario to Yoshi's Wooly World or Kirby's Rainbow Curse. First off once again those games only have one major difference (art style), besides the plethoral of differences Paper Mario has to regular Mario (which I have listed before)

Also those were obscure singular games, as opposed to Paper Mario which is an ENTIRE SPIN OFF SERIES with 4 games, 1 crossover and a 5th game on the way. With each game not only being majorly different in stats, as well as everything else. There is also the fact that people seriously debate with Paper Mario only and is notable enough on his own (and your arguing for that awful film and manga's removal on the grounds of obscurity, and no one using them in VS matches seriously.)

How you can compare one time gimmick games with one major difference to an entire series with close to everything being vastly different I am not sure.

And once again different wrongs don't necessarily make a right. Even if Sonic, Naruto, Megaman, etc. have rather crowded profiles, doesn't mean we shouldn't concern ourselves with making other profiles more organized, especially when we have a good solution to the Mario page unlike those other profiles.

It's cool that paper mario has a page but I kinda would've been easier if the mario page just have columns of each series and different appearances in the page (just a thought) like how goku has super sayian,2,3 in a seperate column just have mario and paper mario in the column for the mario page along with the mario & Luigi Series etc. Just a thought.

Ryukama said:
@Dino It isn't the differences themselves that I was saying we make the separate profiles for. It was rather a neatness thing, which I was saying a separate page wouldn't be unreasonable given the differences. In other words the differences aren't the reason, rather something that supports the reason.
"Different gameplay styles, artstyle, and tone of the series should not be a reason to seperate a character from the series, especially when one of Mario's stats originate from the M and L games which also sport a different playstyle."

First of all you only listed some of the differences I brough up, and not all of them, or the differences relevant to VS debating or profile making. (Paper Mario is literally infinitely more powerful with the stars and every stat is different) Also gameplay style is really one the only key differences from the M&L game, so using that in a comparison isn't a rather fair assessment.

Neither is comparing Paper Mario to Yoshi's Wooly World or Kirby's Rainbow Curse. First off once again those games only have one major difference (art style), besides the plethoral of differences Paper Mario has to regular Mario (which I have listed before)

Also those were obscure singular games, as opposed to Paper Mario which is an ENTIRE SPIN OFF SERIES with 4 games, 1 crossover and a 5th game on the way. With each game not only being majorly different in stats, as well as everything else. There is also the fact that people seriously debate with Paper Mario only and is notable enough on his own (and your arguing for that awful film and manga's removal on the grounds of obscurity, and no one using them in VS matches seriously.)

How you can compare one time gimmick games with one major difference to an entire series with close to everything being vastly different I am not sure.

And once again different wrongs don't necessarily make a right. Even if Sonic, Naruto, Megaman, etc. have rather crowded profiles, doesn't mean we shouldn't concern ourselves with making other profiles more organized, especially when we have a good solution to the Mario page unlike those other profiles.
The only thing obscure is the argument for why there should be mutiple pages to the titluar character when nobody has any issues with the other characters in the series. Neatness is rather a poor excuse as a simple summarization of Mario's highest stats can be resolve with 3 categorizations. There was nothing diorganised about the pages to begin with: You have his stats in base, the galaxy series, and items. That's it. It's pretty ironic the so called "solution" is to create more pages for a character where the stats are now seperated and all over the place with unknown stats here and there. Sorry but that's a poor excuse. Especially when your argument for the Paper Mario series is due to the fact there's mutiple games. The real best solution is just to make a composite page. "Different wrongs does not make a right". If they were wrong to begin with. The page was fine until you guys make an unecessary edit. Now both pages are all over the place and we have mutiple Mario pages with different stats despite the obvious solution is to just make a composite one.

It's just best to just put columns and photo of paper mario for the main mario just like other characters who have forms or versions of themselves like link (Composite) etc. etc.

@Dino

Paper Mario is a vastly different incarnation to Mario, who has had several games, an entirely different style and is literally infinitely stronger than any of his other incarnations.

And especially considering Paper Jam, it's very clear that Paper Mario is an entirely different entity to Mario. We have seperate profiles for things like Kid Goku and Son Goku, why is this any different?

Why bother quoting me (and filling up the space in this thread) when you are barely going to respod to any of my points? Anyways yes comparing one time games to an entire spin off series is a rather poor assesment. The pages aren't overly out of the place and it doesn't seem like most people are having an issue with it. Composite Mario with all the stats of the different Paper Mario games is going to be quite problematic and having two separate pages will at least help a little bit.

The Everlasting said:
@Dino
Paper Mario is a vastly different incarnation to Mario, who has had several games, an entirely different style and is literally infinitely stronger than any of his other incarnations.

And especially considering Paper Jam, it's very clear that Paper Mario is an entirely different entity to Mario. We have seperate profiles for things like Kid Goku and Son Goku, why is this any different?
Goku's an anime character. His stats are heavily reliant on arc progression and powerscaling. Mario, however, is sole reliant on powerscaling. Like majority of video game characters, his best stats are usually taken since there's no "overall" plot in the series.

I played Paper Jam and there's no mention of events the cast or their paper counterparts are unfamilar with. On top of that, all the characters that orginate in the series are also carried over to the other installments and vice versa complete ith actual refrence such as Luigi's Dairy mentioning all the sports and party titles, Goomboss in Super Mario 64 DS, and the Star Spirits being in Mario Party 5. And as far as stats are concern in the PM series, his stats are only contributed with the artifacts he used, which have their own page, not his own strength. All these additional pages does is disorganise the said stats and confuse the canon the series never had. One singular page is enough.

Ryukama said:
Why bother quoting me (and filling up the space in this thread) when you are barely going to respod to any of my points? Anyways yes comparing one time games to an entire spin off series is a rather poor assesment. The pages aren't overly out of the place and it doesn't seem like most people are having an issue with it. Composite Mario with all the stats of the different Paper Mario games is going to be quite problematic and having two separate pages will at least help a little bit.
So you know who I'm replying too. As far as Paper Mario stats are concern, people are only focused one the first 3 games, with the first two having the same stats and only contributed to the artifacts. A composite Mario page will have only three categories: Base | with Star Rod or Crystal | Galaxy series Simple and yet you guys went with a more complicated approach with people going to be misinformed about the persona in the Mario series.

@Dino even if Paper Mario has experienced events as their counterparts, I believe Ever is saying that Paper Jam supports that they are different entities. Also the main factor for separate Goku pages is that even though they are part of the same canon, they exist within different series, have far too many stats, vastly differing stats, and abilities to the point where a single page wouldn't be able to neatly have. On top of regular Dragon Ball Goku being notable enough with his own stats and being put in VS matches separately. Putting DB Goku is a separate page does not confuse anyone canon wise or create the notion they are non canon from each other. Plus the fact that not only does Paper Mario have different powers than regular Mario not just stats, but also there are to be more stats for the other Paper Mario games, which will fill up a singular page even further.

Back