• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Mario Bros: Profile Overhaul(s) #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ay, I'm back with another Overhaul CRT for the Mario Bros. Due to recent revisions regarding the canonicity of Paper Mario to Mainline Mario, majority of the people that participated in that thread came to the consensus that the two should be split.

So here I am, with the newly adjusted profiles for both:

Mario

Paper Mario

And because Luigi's profile would also be affected by the split, I threw him in the bunch as well. The other characters with paper abilities fused into their profiles will also be affected, but their profiles aren't up-to-date, so uh

Luigi

Last edited:
Looks good, but I have two questions about Paper Mario. What justifies him being faster than regular Mario, and what is "status effect prevention" in his resistance tab?

Looks good, but I have two questions about Paper Mario. What justifies him being faster than regular Mario, and what is "status effect prevention" in his resistance tab?

no idea, was too lazy tired and figured one of yall could help with that

the status effect prevention comes from Shadow Queen's "Dangerous Breath" move, where it prohibits you from changing your status and all that

if ya got a better term for the ability, share

I think having a higher speed stats in PJ is enough to say that he might be a little faster.

Profiles seem good, I really don't like bullet points but that's subjective, ultimately (so yknow, I'd like them to not be that, but i'm not gonna push for it). I don't understand the "All abilities of his Base (Human) and Base (Paper) selves enhanced." bit in PM's profile, under the "Royal Stickers" section, and Mario's under the "Power Stars" section.

I think having a higher speed stats in PJ is enough to say that he might be a little faster.

issue is, what's the reasoning for Paper Mario being faster than Mario and Luigi?

Profiles seem good, I really don't like bullet points but that's subjective, ultimately (so yknow, I'd like them to not be that, but i'm not gonna push for it).

I won't have every profile feature bullet points, only the more relevant ones

I don't understand the "All abilities of his Base (Human) and Base (Paper) selves enhanced." bit in PM's profile, under the "Royal Stickers" section, and Mario's under the "Power Stars" section.

minor oversights, thanks for pointing those out

Last edited:
issue is, what's the reasoning for Paper Mario being faster than Mario and Luigi?
(allegedly) having a higher stat in game and nothing opposing that, i think is enough to assume that he could be a bit faster given that they're otherwise equal on scaling

it's not a big deal either way, you can exclude it
I won't have every profile feature bullet points, only the more relevant ones and those with literal walls of text (i.e Bowser)
i mean i still think that's very ugly, but yknow, if people don't mind i won't oppose it

disagree on paper mario's speed justif, please no game mechanics...just use the lore or literally anything else.

if the guy is naturally faster, then that should be noted bro

I don't see how it's game mechanics when Paper Mario retains that advantage in speed even when fully maxed out in level

it's not a big gap but like, if gameplay implies he's faster and nothing contradicts that, that's not really an issue

turn based mechanics mean absolutely nothing in canon if the guys and the opponents wait between attacks to equally attack once at a time.

stats aren't anything we should acknowledge with what characters appeal to and unless we want to apply that across the board with HP, POW, etc.

we see them all move at the same speed in the Yoshi race in the same game with like Luigi having like a lower SPD stat in the very same game with Mario leading with PM not overtaking anyone in the back; tackling toads as actual events they don't at all move any faster than one another, even all amped.

the extra turn mario does in the battle gameplay has him move, jump, attack comparably no faster than his other "turns" or team moves when the bros run, jump, attack, etc also alongside him.

no really, this in principle is wrong, no matter how small it is i reject this.

turn based mechanics mean absolutely nothing in canon if the guys and the opponents wait between attacks to equally attack once at a time.

stats aren't anything we should acknowledge with what characters appeal to and unless we want to apply that across the board with HP, POW, etc.

we see them all move at the same speed in the Yoshi race in the same game with like Luigi having like a lower SPD stat in the very same game with Mario leading with PM not overtaking anyone in the back; tackling toads as actual events they don't at all move any faster than one another, even all amped.

the extra turn mario does in the battle gameplay has him move, jump, attack comparably no faster than his other "turns" or team moves when the bros run, jump, attack, etc also alongside him.

no really, this in principle is wrong, no matter how small it is i reject this.
Agreed with Mephistus on this. In-game stats are hardly ever used for scaling, and you can't really get away with using it as justification for statistics, unless you want to do the same for literally every single other stat or mechanic in the games. There are better ways to justify Paper Mario being comparable in speed to Mario and Luigi without using the in-game speed stat.

If no one else will I can recalc the power star one tonight when I'm off work, its just counting dots with a pixel counting tool and adding up the GBE of all those stars if they were moved at FTL. Weird how no one got around to doing it correctly, its so simple. ¯\(ツ)

If no one else will I can recalc the power star one tonight when I'm off work, its just counting dots with a pixel counting tool and adding up the GBE of all those stars if they were moved at FTL. Weird how no one got around to doing it correctly, its so simple. ¯\(ツ)

please

they've been Class G for years, that piss has gotta go

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back