• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Should Aatrox' tier be changed, accordingly to the new lore for darkins or should it remain the same?

I want to leave a suggestion to change Aatrox(as well as the other darkin if possible) to a rank more suitable for his new lore. I am not requesting to highball nor lowball him, but according to the lore, Aatrox should be placed on the same boat as Renekton and Nasus, who are both comparable to one another, despite no exclusive comfirmations of them being equals in terms of strength and attack potency(not that I am aware of any at the moment. Perhaps someone would be kind enough to rehearse a statement of riot that confirms their equilibrium). Anyways, let's get back on track- the Darkin. Primarily Aatrox.

Because Aatrox, in some aspects, seems to be the strongest out of the three confirmed Darkin champions, I would prefer to discuss over him mainly. Now, what is my problem with his current stats? Well, for starters: It doesn't include his "Sunborn" form or "Prime" form(whatever you prefer to refer to it as). If you have read Aatrox's new lore and bio, you would know that there is a tremendous difference between the current Aatrox and what he used to be. The guy even says it himself:

"How far I have fallen! A god... reduced to a prisoner!"

Here are some other quotes that confirm the difference in power:

"Desperately, I consumed more and more, hoping for the briefest echo of what I once was. Instead, like a fire, I burned too quickly, destroying even my host's form."- this is from the short story- The Cage.

"I will drink from that city, but I will achieve only a grotesque mockery of my former glory. I was shaped by the stars, and the purity of my aspect. I was light and reason given shape. I defended this world in the greatest battles ever known." - from the same story mentioned earlier.

Here comes my request. Its pretty simple: Just separate his stats from his current form to when he was a "Sunborn" or at his "Prime", whatever you choose.

As for the actual stats revision, I'd say "At least 7-C | At least 7-B" or something like that would do fine, since:

1. We know he was an ascended and his case was very similar to Renekton's and Nasus'. Not that I can remember the whole thing, but some of the new lore said he was a great god-warrior, respected a lot by his peers.

2. Judging from the darkin's new lore, its more than likely that he has faced beings like Vel'koz or at least a full grown Kog'maw not once.

What are your thoughts? Should the stats on Aatrox's page(and by extension the rest of the Darkin, as well) be changed or should they remain the same?

Back