• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Shōnen Snake Showdown: Orochimaru vs. Gin Ichimaru. (1-3-0)

If said 6-C attack (his fastest one) can't hit, then yes speed equal is necessary. Speed equal doesn't even change BRs attack speed so that would make no difference anyway.

AnonymousBlank said:
If said 6-C attack (his fastest one) can't hit, then yes speed equal is necessary. Speed equal doesn't even change BRs attack speed so that would make no difference anyway.
Being 3x faster is not an end all be all.

Oro is 3x faster than Gin's fastest attack (which he needs to stand still for) while Oro is 6x faster than his 2nd fastest attack. You tell me how Gin isn't blitzed without speed equal.

AnonymousBlank said:
Oro is 3x faster than Gin's fastest attack (which he needs to stand still for) while Oro is 6x faster than his 2nd fastest attack. You tell me how Gin isn't blitzed without speed equal.
Oh but it is fine to speed equal so that Oro can not dodge Gin's attack and gets oneshot in stead lol.

Buto Renjin (the 6-C) still extends at mach 1000 so Oro is still dodging. KnY is still extending at mach 500 so Oro is (once again) still dodging. Speed equal doesn't make attack speed equal.

AnonymousBlank said:
Buto Renjin (the 6-C) still extends at mach 1000 so Oro is still dodging. KnY is still extending at mach 500 so Oro is (once again) still dodging. Speed equal doesn't make attack speed equal.
I was under the impression that it did. But if not then ok I guess. But that simply means that he would not be hit by Buto Renjin.

Guys.

Gin's regular Bankai's contractions and expansions are seen as almost instantaneous to people who are comparable to Gin's speed. If Buto Renjin is twice as fast as his normal Bankai and is still 3x slower than Orochimaru, then I think Gin would get blitzed in combat.

Which means that Speed will be equalized.

Wait.

Gin's normal combat speed is Massively Hypersonic+ and that it is higher with his attacks.

Massively Hypersonic+ bare minimum requirement is Mach 1000. So there is something amiss here.

With all this confusion with Gin's speed, I'm just going to equalize it permanently.

AstralKing7 said:
I think someone said they were gonna make a CRT for the pre time skip bleach speeds cause it makes no sense lol
Yeah I wanted to tackle that cause even I'm confused my it. I don't even know where it starts and I can't find a calc tbh.

We just assume the match is equalized. Meaning Gin and Oro have similar speed. Ichigo was as fast as Gin and to Ichigo it was a struggle to dodge, and Buto Renjin was impossible to dodge unless he had his mask, so assume the same here.

IMadeThisOn8-1-2017 said:
@Warren, what are the specifics regarding the characters? A certain key, are they in character, peak gear/jutsu or starting in Bankai?
Gin starts out with a sealed zanpakto.

IMadeThisOn8-1-2017 said:
Yeah I wanted to tackle that cause even I'm confused my it. I don't even know where it starts and I can't find a calc tbh.

We just assume the match is equalized. Meaning Gin and Oro have similar speed. Ichigo was as fast as Gin and to Ichigo it was a struggle to dodge, and Buto Renjin was impossible to dodge unless he had his mask, so assume the same here.
I think there is a guide that states that Ichigo in his fight with Byakuya can move at the speed of Lightning.

Is that where their speed comes from?

Buto renjin wasn't impossible to dodge,ichigo dodged it several times, and outpaced the contraction in the fight

Zzsax said:
Buto renjin wasn't impossible to dodge,ichigo dodged it several times, and outpaced the contraction in the fight
... Buto Renjin was only used once so no it wasn't dodged several times.

Kamishini no Yari was dodged, but Ichigo was struggling to do so and was hit a few times. Buto was dodged once and Buto Renjin was only dodged because Ichigo had his Mask.

@Warren

I have the Japanese and English version of the Databook that mentions this, is this what we base the speed rating on for Soul Society Arc characters? If so then I guess I understand, but it should be mentioned then on Ichigo's profile at least.

Also, @Rics and @Warren, one of you said Bankai is out and the other said Bankai starts sealed, so I'm a bit confused.

I think there is a guide that states that Ichigo in his fight with Byakuya can move at the speed of Lightning.

Is that where their speed comes from?

Yes there is a databook that says bankai ichigo moves at the speed of lightning.this is SS arc ichigo in his fight with byakuya

In that case all oro really has are snakes and lots of snakes,which don't do well against sharp objects.seems like a Gin win

Warren Valion said:
Wait.

Gin's normal combat speed is Massively Hypersonic+ and that it is higher with his attacks.

Massively Hypersonic+ bare minimum requirement is Mach 1000. So there is something amiss here.

With all this confusion with Gin's speed, I'm just going to equalize it permanently.
Character are sometimes faster than their attacks,Ichigo outpaces his getsuga tensho easily,so it's not strange for Gin to be MHS+,it just means he is physically faster than buto renjin

Don't you need just one prep for Edo tensei,then you can summon anytime?if this is this case oro should have edo,cuz he is no different from your regular necromancer.

Back