• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Shōnen Snake Showdown: Orochimaru vs. Gin Ichimaru. (1-3-0)

@ricsi

Prep isn't the exact word I was going for more like ceremony or contract,once you've performed the ceremony once then you can summon the edo tensei anytime like a regular animal summon.is this the case?am really not sure

For example how he used the sound ninjas for Hashi and Tobirama and later used Zetsu Clones

While Kabuto just used a whole bunch of people he kidnapped

@Ricsi

Zzsax is actually correct, once edo tensei is active, they need to be sealed or something else....otherwise they should be active as long as the caster wants....at least as far as I know.

They require a sacrifice, but only when first being summoned.

AstralKing7 said:
Which is it cause that technically was the only time Oro was at his strongest
Not how it works.

Please, I don't want to repeat myself over and over.

Strongest only aplies to Tier, not hax.

That's true, but the thing is, an edo caster would already have it.

I understand saying that Orochimaru wouldn't have it because this isn't the version who has access to it, but to say he couldn't use it because of the steps to activation, even though he would already have access to it under normal circumstances....is....

It's like saying Goku in DBS won't have access to Super Saiyan God, because of the conditions needed to reach it, even though it's a constant transformation that he keeps after obtaining it.

As I said, the only reason Orochimaru couldn't use Edo for so long is because his arms, and the Hokage's souls, were sealed away. If it wasn't for that Orochimaru would go into every major fight with them already active and destroy almost anybody.

No, it isn't like that.

He showcased the need for a body with the whole zetsu bit, and he doesn't have redo's premade.

So you point is moot

@Ricsi

I'm not sayig he doesn't need a body to activate.

I'm not saying he has them premade.

I'm saying that he only needs to activate it one time, after that it remains constant and doesn't deactivate unless he disspells it or they get sealed (Or destroyed on the wiki).

And that one time he needed to activate it was against Hiruzen.

Well, it doesn't apply here becuase the version of Orochimaru being used isn't the one with access to edo.

I was replying directly to a previous comment you made about him needing a sacrifice.

But that was also right, as he does need one to activate it.

After its activated it obviously doesn't dispell on its own

@yung

I think Ricsi is right, after the edo tensei is released, you need a sacrifice to call them from the afterlife,the current oro has all his edo released therefore none to summon

ich makes it derailing to this thread, so please, everyone, lets not go into details useless here for either side.

Edo tensei isn't a one-off jutsu. Which was the whole point of my argument....but I'm done with derailing. On to the fight...

Gin FRA.

Back