• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like the majority are in favor of deleting it. I'm fine with it being backed up somewhere first.

If someone doesn’t do it first, I could put the profiles in a sandbox tomorrow for anyone to edit. That way it’d be out of my hands.

But if editing them is a group effort, I’d strongly recommend a blog given the somewhat contentious attitude people seem to have over the ratings.

Last edited:
I, uh, hope you have some more experienced Japanese speakers and translators to help you with that, otherwise who even knows if the translation would be good or accurate enough...
Yes we do just one person tho
If someone doesn’t do it first, I could put the profiles in a sandbox tomorrow for anyone to edit. That way it’d be out of my hands.

But if editing them is a group effort, I’d strongly recommend a blog given the somewhat contentious attitude people seem to have over the ratings.
A blog should be fine since it will be a group thing

Do you think that it is fine if we delete this verse, or would it set a bad precedent?
I mean, is it just "Nazis look cool or a dude who happens to be a Nazi is cool" or is the series pro-Nazi in its agenda? The former there's no reason to really get rid of it. Plenty of other series on the wiki have Nazi characters that may have a cool atheistic (like Wolfenstien, Call of Duty or Über) without being in support of Nazis.

If the series is in support of their ideology (racial superiority, ethnic cleansing, etc) then I can get banning it, but from my understanding there's other stuff in the franchise without the Nazi stuff.

I mean, is it just "Nazis look cool or a dude who happens to be a Nazi is cool" or is the series pro-Nazi in its agenda? The former there's no reason to really get rid of it. Plenty of other series on the wiki have Nazi characters that may have a cool atheistic (like Wolfenstien, Call of Duty or Über) without being in support of Nazis.

If the series is in support of their ideology (racial superiority, ethnic cleansing, etc) then I can get banning it, but from my understanding there's other stuff in the franchise without the Nazi stuff.
It's the former. And even then the LDO is more based on Nordic mythology on some level.

Tho that's not really the reason for deletion anyway.

The Nazis aren’t glorified other than spinne being a weirdo and finding his time at concentration camps to be nice, tho that was more so for plot purposes. The verse doesn’t really care much for the nazis, only taking some of the setting and inspiration from irl people like Karl Krafft,Reinhard Heydrich, and others

Tho that's not really the reason for deletion anyway.
I mean if the reason is a lack of interest and the bulk of the important AP reasons are either untranslated or have contradicting translations, then sure delete it.

Its why Demonbane was deleted as well, though that was probably far worse off than Shinza is.

Thank you. It would be much preferable if you place ALL of the Shinza pages (except for the categories) in an appropriately named blog though, as it will be much easier to search for and find afterwards.

That is not the reason for deleting it. I was just having trouble preventing a stream of consciousness/foot in mouth disorder.

Well, I continue to have the same impression regarding the series' extremely hostile and possibly outright bigoted views regarding non-Japanese religions and autistic people/mindsets, and was not fond of the "Nazis are cool" angle either, but I have obviously only digested summaries of it, so I may be mistaken.

Regardless, we need some more staff input here.

@AKM sama @Promestein @Mr._Bambu @ByAsura @Qawsedf234

Do you think that it is fine if we delete this verse, or would it set a bad precedent?
I think it sets a bad precedent, yes, but then I don't know the intricacies of who is considered a supporter/expert/what have you and who isn't.

The fact is that most verses on this wiki still have far less support than Shinza, though I don't know whether their page quality is truely as abysmal as people claim. The only page of the verse I actively hear about seems to be extremely expanded out. If I must be absolutely honest, I get the impression the verse is getting deleted because the top supporters don't want to deal with it now that it's been downgraded.

But then, I'm an uninformed outsider. This is just my perspective, and it probably shouldn't outweigh the supporters in their crusade.

Thank you for the evaluations to all staff members here.

The fact is that most verses on this wiki still have far less support than Shinza, though I don't know whether their page quality is truely as abysmal as people claim. The only page of the verse I actively hear about seems to be extremely expanded out. If I must be absolutely honest, I get the impression the verse is getting deleted because the top supporters don't want to deal with it now that it's been downgraded.
I think it’s more of nobody can really update the pages anymore cause of how obscure the verse actually is

Someone give me a list of pages that have been backed up and I will go through and delete them + remove links.

Thank you very much for helping out, Damage.

One more verse rejected
It is kind of sad to see a verse with such a legacy go, but hopefully it can comeback soon when we gain more users who are knowledgeable on it and the verse gets more translations.

Is it possible instead of deleting these profiles we can put a header above them, basically warning that the support for the verse has been discontinued and that info may or may not be inaccurate?

Is it possible instead of deleting these profiles we can put a header above them, basically warning that the support for the verse has been discontinued and that info may or may not be inaccurate?
Sadly, no. The whole verse has fallen in a void that doesn't allow changes nor any meaningful content, mostly because its contents aren't available in an understandable language. Since only Dies Irae links to KKK or Paradise Lost, that those aren't translated, it'd mean a downgrade since the absence of information it's... critical.

the pages are a lot so i may not be able to finish up tonight but i will handle the rest tomorrow if i dont finish it tonight

i am unable to save my Blog for the profiles i have backed up, can it be due to the size?
i need a reply Asap

Probably. Try copying and pasting everything to a word document temporarily if possible. Or try and save ten profiles at a time to a sandbox.
okay i will do that funny enough i am not even done with half the profiles just wanted to save some
but yeah i will try the them little by little i guess

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back