• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PrinceofPein

Username Only

It’s been years but I guess all good things have to come to an end, there have been lots of threads to nuke the verse which I have always been neutral on but this time if I could turn back time I will support them so this is me turning back that time.

This is a thread to nuke the entire Shinza verse for well obvious reasons
  • only well a handful of people are interested in the verse as all the other guys are gone
  • Shinza CRTs remains unfinished and their are more “bumps” in the thread than actual messages as once Catz, Yuri, Tarang and I replies no one else replies so it’s hard to get any CRT passed their are tons of such CRTs still open currently
  • the current Shinza profiles ratings are just plain wrong as well, we have additional information now but nobody is out there making a CRT
  • the PnA sections too while it is better it is also lacking
  • The intelligence section of some profiles are just non-existent
  • the current Shinza supporters can’t agree on a single thread
  • A bulk of the verse is untranslated

Catz, Tarang and I have been working on a cosmology blog and a CRT for the ratings later on for months now, I can even say we are more than halfway done but tbh with the current attitude the wiki has for Shinza I don’t want to bother anymore at least for now.

So I suggest we back up all the profiles somewhere and delete them. Maybe later on someone(Me) will rise up again and fix the verse but as far as I know no one is currently interested to do so but I can promise that I will do that down the line and I know Catz and Tarang would help with that. But it is not something that will be done in months it will probably take years so no point in waiting.
Dies irae was one of the first game I ever bought so it pains me to see it go on this platform
Let us play again with all the familiar faces someday.
TENMA SUKUNA'S LAST WORDS

I've been interested in the verse, but never had time before. Can someone tell me where I can find this verse?
Start with “Dies irae Amentes Amentes”
You can find it on steam or other game downloading websites
Then read “song to the witch” you can find it on any light novel website
Then read “ Dies irae interview with kaziklu bey” you can find it on YouTube

Then you can message me I will tell you where to find the rest as they are currently untranslated but I can link you up to the translated version

I agreed to its deletion last time and have advocated for it for a while, so I agree

90% of the knowledgable people all outright gave up on the verse a while ago, and the few people left can't exactly fix anything if no one checks crts for the verse now

As someone that used to be heavily invested in Shinza on this wiki and have made several CRTs on it I have to agree with its deletion at this point.

Id like it to eventually be brought back (Maybe if K3 was ever legitimately translated lol) but atm many of the profiles are bad and it doesnt seem like help is coming for a bit.

(Oh shit that means one of the profiles ive made is being deleted shit)

Start with “Dies irae Amentes Amentes”
You can find it on steam or other game downloading websites
Then read “song to the witch” you can find it on any light novel website
Then read “ Dies irae interview with kaziklu bey” you can find it on YouTube

Then you can message me I will tell you where to find the rest as they are currently untranslated but I can link you up to the translated version
thank you very much!!

Sad to see one of the strong verses of old age is getting nuked to death. hopefully someone make a backup so it can be revived one day with high godly regeneration

Honestly, if guys like Alf and Ravenous were still here, then obviously I’d disagree, but the current state for the verse is pathetic, and nothing seems to pass when it comes to CRTs

Very well, i shall sing in the honor of my favorite tier 1 verse.
—Om—
Abokya Beiroshano Makabodara Mani Handoma Jinbara Harabaritaya Un.
Vajra Thathuvan.
Naumaku Sanmanda Bodanan Abila Unken Sowaka!
Tenchi Genmyo, Shinbe Hen Tsurikiji:

Manji Mandala— Muryou Taisuu!

Ngl, Shinza just isn't as cool in VS when not 1-A. People don't care about the tier 1 verses when they are 1-A and above.

Anyway, nearly everyone was in favor of it last time, and there's no more excuses to keep the verse now.

• only well a handful of people are interested in the verse as all the other guys are gone
So nothing different from last time.
  • Shinza CRTs remains unfinished and their are more “bumps” in the thread than actual messages as once Catz, Yuri, Tarang and I replies no one else replies so it’s hard to get any CRT passed their are tons of such CRTs still open currently
90% of other verses on the Wiki says hi.
  • the current Shinza profiles ratings are just plain wrong as well, we have additional information now but nobody is out there making a CRT
I don't agree with the current rating either, but unfortunately that's just our opinion and, unless we bring up any evidence to counter them, the current ratings are assumed to be correct.
  • the PnA sections too while it is better it is also lacking
Not really. Their not the best on the Wiki, but I find their pretty good, especially compared to some.
  • The intelligence section of some profiles are just non-existent
Not excusing it, but thats not an uncommon aspect of profiles; having no to poor intelligence section.
  • the current Shinza supporters can’t agree on a single thread
Okay? That doesn't really sound like a reason to delete the verse? That just sound slide the other side needs more convincing evidence or whatever.
  • A bulk of the verse is untranslated
The main crux of the argument last time, was rejected last time.

My opinion is; I'm unhappy with the current ratings but also nothing new has been brought up that wasn't true the last time this topic was brought up and rejected. Thought you don't like the profiles current ratings, they were accepted by the Wiki and the quality of the profiles themselves are high on average.

I feel as a indexing site that we should keep these profiles regardless of myself or others opinion on the ratings, as objectively the profiles are not bad in quality and offer valuble information to those searching the site for the verse.

While i agree with Everything12 that as an indexing site we should keep the verse until it get fixed (or probably not). But, if all of the current profile have wrong abd bad rating, i'm in favor of nuking it, because those profiles are indirectly spreading misinformation and in turn misleading peoples who read them, unless someone willing to fix them

Meh I doubt the pages are gonna get deleted due to the wiki in general, shinza is still pretty popular outside of the site, even if that’s just as being a instrument of power-scaling and whatnot. DC for example is also in a sorry state, but would never get deleted here even if deleting it would be for the greater good.

Personally I’m fine with nuking it but realistically speaking it won’t happen. Still like the series a bunch so either way I hope that even if the verse does get deleted people will be active in the discussion thread as we had some genuinely fun discussions there in the past.

My opinion is; I'm unhappy with the current ratings but also nothing new has been brought up that wasn't true the last time this topic was brought up and rejected. Thought you don't like the profiles current ratings, they were accepted by the Wiki and the quality of the profiles themselves are high on average.

I feel as a indexing site that we should keep these profiles regardless of myself or others opinion on the ratings, as objectively the profiles are not bad in quality and offer valuble information to those searching the site for the verse.
Last time only barely escaped deletion because I was supposed to make a big CRT or smth tho.
The problem is the reliability and accessibility rather than ratings.

So nothing different from last time.

90% of other verses on the Wiki says hi.

I don't agree with the current rating either, but unfortunately that's just our opinion and, unless we bring up any evidence to counter them, the current ratings are assumed to be correct.

Not really. Their not the best on the Wiki, but I find their pretty good, especially compared to some.

Not excusing it, but thats not an uncommon aspect of profiles; having no to poor intelligence section.

Okay? That doesn't really sound like a reason to delete the verse? That just sound slide the other side needs more convincing evidence or whatever.

The main crux of the argument last time, was rejected last time.

The problem is not really the ratings but rather the fact that no one cares about the verse anymore including you as there are at least 5 CRTs currently opened been bumped repeatedly but nobody to probably agree or disagree or even give thoughts on the said CRTs.
Not to mention most of the active supporters won’t even help with the verse fixing

And yes Translation is a big problem only 25% of the verse is translated and the other untranslated parts uses Japanese that even Japanese people don’t understand so obviously when someone bring something forward it is hard to verify.

You said we should leave the verse as they are but for how long? How long will I make a CRT without anyone willing to participate because it is Shinza? Or should Shinza get a pass for any CRT as long as all the current active supporters agree? And even that won’t be possible as we never agree on anything😂
So yes at least for now Shinza should take a break
Like I said I am not saying they should be deleted completely without no going back but rather in a way that anyone can always pick up from what the profiles are currently so preferably they can be backed up somewhere

May we create a "Shinza vs a very powerful character with metahax" so we may count it as "Shinza was beaten by a character-X so hard that it was deleted from our wiki"?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back