• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Shinza banshou discussion thread~Revival~

You know Atwiki isn't an absolute source of information for the series either, the information there is brought upon by other people. Seems like the information they used is also ad verbatim from the first fight with Akuro. There were two defenses deployed for Akuro in that fight, one is the poison aura he has and when his neck got hit by Sojirou, his body is completely protected by Time Armor. It's not Taikyoku defense as well as Time Armor on top of it, they with their Taikyoku turned off still have Mugen Kannazuki's/Edo's protection. I even gave you the precise quote that Akuro spells out it's due to it.

Here's another thing, there is the fight with Tenma Awaumi. This Tenma also has Taikyoku and can only be killed by another who has divinehood. Since he moved to the edge of Edo, the Time Armor protection given to him by Yato faded. Early in the fight, one of its limbs were cut off by Sojirou.

The figurative language applies to the whole passage proceeding the fire in a painting, not just the single sentence for it.

Last edited:
You know Atwiki isn't an absolute source of information for the series either, the information there is brought upon by other people. Seems like the information they used is also ad verbatim from the first fight with Akuro. There were two defenses deployed for Akuro in that fight, one is the poison aura he has and when his neck got hit by Sojirou, his body is completely protected by Time Armor. It's not Taikyoku defense as well as Time Armor on top of it, they with their Taikyoku turned off still have Mugen Kannazuki's/Edo's protection. I even gave you the precise quote that Akuro's spells out it's due to it.
I'm not saying it is. I'm mainly using it as a secondary source.

After re-reading it, yeah I think you have a point. That being said, I still don't think the entire thing is figurative

Q: 夜刀の持つ軍勢変性により夜都賀波岐は強化されてますが、海坊主(神父様と子供たち) が他に比べてあっさりやられたのは、なぜでしょうか。

A: まずディエス経験者ならご存知の通り、彼は夜刀とさほど密な繋がりを持っていないというのが一点。そして淡海は夜刀の支配力が及ぶギリギリの場所というのが二点。要するに、身も蓋もない言い方をしてしまうと、海坊主さんは他の天魔勢より自由が利いたので最前線に特攻したけど、それにより無間神無月の加護が薄くなったのでやられたということ。加えて言うなら、夜行の存在がイレギュラー。波旬の代行者として曲がりになりにも太極に達していた彼がいなければ、龍明が東外流のような自爆技を使わない限り止められなかったはず。そしてあのとき龍明を失っていたら、不破之関で全滅していたでしょう。

Q: Yatsukahagi was strengthened by Yato's legion empowerment, but why was Umibozu (priest and his children) beaten more easily than the others?

A: First of all, as those who have experienced Dies Irae know, he does not have a very close connection with Yato. And secondly, Awaumi is a place just on the edge of Yato's control. In short, to put it bluntly, Umibozu-san had more freedom than other Tenma forces and made a kamikaze attack to the front line, but because Mugen Kannazuki's protection was weakened, he was killed. In addition, the existence of Yakou is irregular. If it were not for him, who, as Hajun's proxy, had reached Taikyoku even if only in a roundabout manner, unless Ryumei had used a self-destructive technique like Togai-ryu, he would have been unstoppable. And if they had lost Ryumei at that time, they would have been annihilated at Fuwa no Seki.
The Legion Empowerment that Hadou Gods can do to their army to raise their existence level to psuedo-godhood status and the Mugen Kannazuki blessing Yato has are entirely different. Want me to provide more quotes of how this thing is mentioned time and time again when Rindou uses her Tenma Fukumetsu to strip them of the Mugen Kannazuki protection while the Tenma are still psuedo-gods and can still use their own Taikyoku to continue fighting?

I mean, Kasumi is being protected by Mugen Kannazuki in the VN and she's not even a psuedo-god, but a spirit lying around in Edo. She's not allowed to enter the stage where the conflict takes place because Yato deigns it so.

Last edited:
The Tenma are protected by the Mugen Kannazuki, and it’s how they survived the onslaught of Hajun to begin with, but their pseudo-godhood came from Yato’s legion empowerment

Since I see some activity here related to k3, could someone explain logic behind Yato? What I mean, how is he alive in the first place? Hajun destroyed Marie, who was Rens/Yato's Ahnenerbe. From what I remember, losing it, means death and losing powers. Mercurius death means losing all powers as well. So how did he manage to survive in the first place? I am not even talking about stalling Hajun's law, even if Hajun was not paying attention to him.

Since I see some activity here related to k3, could someone explain logic behind Yato? What I mean, how is he alive in the first place? Hajun destroyed Marie, who was Rens/Yato's Ahnenerbe. From what I remember, losing it, means death and losing powers. Mercurius death means losing all powers as well. So how did he manage to survive in the first place? I am not even talking about stalling Hajun's law, even if Hajun was not paying attention to him.
Ren was in his Atziluth form during the battle of Hajun, as shown in the picture in the game, which meant that he transcended his role - i.e. he was no longer dependent on Mercurius and Marie. - At least that's what I remember.

image.png

That's been answered in the VFB.
Q: 夜刀様にロートス成分はやはり入っているのでしょうか?

A: 入っています。 と言うか、親である水銀が滅びても存在し続けているという時点で、もはや別の生命として昇華されています。 簡単に言うと、黄昏への愛が水銀のそれより強くなったことで親父を超えている。夜刀は藤井蓮とロートス·ライヒハートが高次元で融合した新キャラと思ってください。
Q: Does Yato-sama still contain the part of Lotus inside of him?

A: They do. Or rather, it has no longer sublimated into a separate life that continues to exist even after its parent, Mercury, is destroyed. Simply put, he has surpassed his father because his love for the Twilight was stronger than that of Mercury. Think of Yato as a new character that Ren Fuji and Lotus Reichhart fused in a higher dimension.
Legit the power of love.

Oh hey Shinza might be coming back? I remember hearing people would work on it but I was unsure about if it would ever actually happen.

Would definitely be cool to see.

Wouldn't be surprised if it gets deleted again, but considering that one of my friends has like nearly every single scan from all the games, I think I could probably get a bunch of hax additions and stuff

極点拡大の役目を負う者──次元空間ものみな総て、天嶮の刃で両断せんと無明の闇を切り裂いた。 Those who assume the role of expanding the extreme points - all dimensions, all spaces, all things - he tore through the core darkness of ignorance with the bisect of the blade of natural defense. それは蜃気楼に覆われて密度を落した間隙、万象切り裂く剣によって断ち切られた現象の結果である。 That is the result of a gap that was covered by a mirage and lost density, a phenomenon cut off by the sword that cuts through all creation. 力、ただ力――想いの重量が桁外れている。深度、次元、何もかもが違うんだ。あいつの自己愛はそれほどまでに極まっている。 Power, just power - the weight of the thoughts is off the charts. The depth, the dimension, everything is different. His narcissism is so extreme.

極点拡大の役目を負う者──次元空間ものみな総て、天嶮の刃で両断せんと無明の闇を切り裂いた。 Those who assume the role of expanding the extreme points - all dimensions, all spaces, all things - he tore through the core darkness of ignorance with the bisect of the blade of natural defense. それは蜃気楼に覆われて密度を落した間隙、万象切り裂く剣によって断ち切られた現象の結果である。 That is the result of a gap that was covered by a mirage and lost density, a phenomenon cut off by the sword that cuts through all creation. 力、ただ力――想いの重量が桁外れている。深度、次元、何もかもが違うんだ。あいつの自己愛はそれほどまでに極まっている。 Power, just power - the weight of the thoughts is off the charts. The depth, the dimension, everything is different. His narcissism is so extreme.
This is just talking about Soujirou's law cutting through the singularity and weirdo stuff like that. The throne (where Hajun resides) is something entirely beyond that.

Besides, I believe it's saying dimensional space rather than the two things being different, but I could be wrong. Likely best to talk to someone more adept at translation than myself

I wonder why Reinhard has to open 7 swastikas to use the spear?

Out of universe reason: to prevent him from being too Op

in-universe reason: what is it?

Also how does he die again? (How does our hero kill him?)

Reinhard loses all his souls allowing Ren to cut through his neck. He loses his souls because the birth canal (the thing connecting him to the world) was reversed by Himuro, meaning that instead of absorbing souls, he was giving them back
That’s some type 8 immortality or something.

though why exactly does he need to open swastikas to use his spear

I feel like masada did it as a way of preventing him from being too OP

but is there an in-universe explanation as to why he has to open them to use the longinus?

That’s some type 8 immortality or something.
That isn't Type 8 immortality, that's a weakness. Souls serve as armor. If you lose souls, you not only get weaker, but you lose your defenses.
though why exactly does he need to open swastikas to use his spear
Because right now he's restricted, and he needs to open the swastikas to regain portions of his full power. I'm not sure how to explain it in any other way apart from "read the VN"

but is there an in-universe explanation as to why he has to open them to use the longinus?
Yes

Back