• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Shinza banshou discussion thread~Revival~

He's far to well-written to be considered good or bad. He had a goal, and he did some bad shit to achieve it.
I mean, the only " bad thing " he did to achieve his goal is cladding himself in hatred and he couldn't resist Hajun's law all those years otherwise . He was even willing to entrust the world to a future Hadou god all that time. But well, that's my opinion and you may be right by saying we can't really consider him good or bad.

I mean, the only " bad thing " he did to achieve his goal is cladding himself in hatred and he couldn't resist Hajun's law all those years otherwise . He was even willing to entrust the world to a future Hadou god all that time. But well, that's my opinion and you may be right by saying we can't really consider him good or bad.
Didn't him and his legion brutally murder the previous EE and then beat the shit out of the current one lol

Didn't him and his legion brutally murder the previous EE and then beat the shit out of the current one lol
It's Morei and Akuro who did that and they were among the most hateful tenmas towards them because of being excessively synchro with Yato's surface Hatred and not realizing his true intentions unlike Sukuna and Ootake. ( not to mention they were still technically protecting themselves and their territory since it's the EE who invaded and were willing to get rid of them ).

To preserve the world of marie they had to or what other option is there? the moment they stop everything stops existing
That's why I'm saying they are way too well-written to be considered good or bad. They had a good cause, but they had to do shit they usually would never do to achieve that. Well, a few of them would probably usually do it, but Ren would normally never opt to do that.

Considering him " bad " seems more wrong than the opposite to me tbh, he is literally the savior of every living being in K3 and just wanted to protect Marie's legacy.
Exactly...it seem you, my good sir, are a man of culture and can recognize Yato's brilliance....

Yato's the main character and the best character in the series, change my mind

Exactly...it seem you, my good sir, are a man of culture and can recognize Yato's brilliance....

Yato's the main character and the best character in the series, change my mind
He's a very well-written character, yes, but better than the absolute tank that is Reinhard and the trickster that is Mercurius? I dunno man.

He's a very well-written character, yes, but better than the absolute tank that is Reinhard and the trickster that is Mercurius? I dunno man.
Probably not Reinhard, but Mercurius doesn't honestly develop that much. He was very complex, don't get me wrong, but not that dynamic or even a character that developed much throughout the series. And besides, I was referring to K3 .

Probably not Reinhard, but Mercurius doesn't honestly develop that much. He was very complex, don't get me wrong, but not that dynamic or even a character that developed much throughout the series. And besides, I was referring to K3 .
Dies Irae and K3 were both made by Masada so I always compare the two :/

Also, Reinhard only really develops when he awakens as Mercurius' Apoptosis in Rea Route. Throughout the other routes, he remains the godlike adonis of a man the rest of the time, and throughout all that time I still consider him one of the best VN characters even without any development.

but in all seriousness, it's definitely true that Reinhard and Mercurius seemed pretty dull in DI (until later), which isn't too surprising given everything we know of them and stuff...
but Reinhard's character arc was honestly brilliant and extremely relatable. People not having a sense of purpose and achievement is a common issue in society, so it's very interesting for Reinhard to have that. Mercurius was just extremely deep as a character, he didn't develop much. One of the best characters tho...

Tbh, yeah, I did sort of find Rein and Merc dull at the beginning, but after reading some more of DI they became some of my favorite characters.

To everyone wanting to learn Nihongo.
READ MORE!!
This guy that is fluent in over 20 languages and when he tells you to read more, then READ MORE!!!

Sponsored by DJT (Daily Japanese Thread)

Last edited:
READ MORE!!
This guy that is fluent in over 20 languages and when he tells you to read more, then READ MORE!!!
I'm still going, not there yet but still going. Hope I can eventually become fluent in it, there are a lot of VNs I want to read and this crappy machine translation doesn't give me the best experience.

READ MORE!!

Sponsored by DJT (Daily Japanese Thread)

But don't talk. Because your accent will still suck.

Dies.irae%3A.Also.Sprach.Zarathustra.full.414133.jpg

Wilhelm does not approve of bussy.

Back