• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Shinobu Oshino vs Ryuko Matoi

If speed is equalised then wont the fight get drawn out long enough for Ryuko's reactive evo to kick in (due to AP disadvantage)? Speed is equalised so they should be able to fairly dodge each others attacks unless Shinobu has some sort of attack that moves faster then her or smthn. And if reactive does kick in then will that allow her to surpass Shinobu despite the speed equalised, ik speed amps are usable but idk about stuff like this.

I thought it was like a zenkai where it kicks in later on, if so then the AP gap shouldn't even factor and Ryuko might be able to win unless Shinobu has some hax to counter this
That's her Reactive Power Level that functions like a zenkai, not her Reactive Evolution.

So before i make this response i just want to point out that the Kokorowatari sword would do nothing here, Ryuko's life fiber powers are 100% biological and completely natural

Well Ryuoko can’t put her down lmao. As well as Shinobu still having a pretty big AP advantage,with her feat being done extremely casually.
Er...Ryuko upscales massively from her 6-B feat. The dura of the SS Naked Sun and Primordial Life Fiber is 47 Teratons and Junketsu Ryuko can destroy them both, and Post-Junketsu Ryuko went through three zenkai boosts that amp her to the point of being able to stomp her previous power level, ie:

Post third zenkai ryuko stomps post second zenkai ryuko which stomps post first zenkai ryuko which stomps Junketsu Ryuko which stomps the Primordial Life Fiber and SS Naked Sun
If she eats an arm or something that’s flown off,it isn’t coming back. So piece by piece.
Thats...not how Ryuko's regen works

How would she eat her tho lol.. Seishorou is a 9-A

She was 9-A at the time too. Hell, she ate an AU version of herself who was 6-B when she was 9-A, although her AU version gave in willingly. From the wording I think this one involved more conventional vampiric stuff; biting in and sucking the blood out.

I vote Ryūko. Higher damage output from Shinobu would only help her since she gets stronger when she's close to death. She also possesses Reactive Evolution, and the odds of her being eaten for her regen to be negged are slim to none. Her Rage Power and better combat experience and higher lifting strength (no telekinesis for you, Shinobu) would also help her out.

How would she get around Shinobu's regen tho? Also lifting strength stops telekinesis from restraining, but doesn't stop it from being used for destruction.

Are you sure she's really negating regen there?

Ehhhh yeah, something about that it seems a little off to me, I think the fact that they didn't regenerate was just so the scene/death could happen. Plus, if they were sealed, doesn't that mean their regeneration was also sealed? Idk if that's actually her negating regeneration.

Yes, the text has pretty explicit statements that her eating him broke his loop of immortality.

Is there any other time? Or even any times she does bite people in-combat?

She regularly eats aberrations after she KOs them, but all the other ones we've seen/heard about her eating haven't had that sort of regeneration.

Would Shinobu run out of stamina before her?

Since Ryuko has pretty good feats, probably. Shinobu lacks good feats since she's the strongest being in the series. She doesn't fight anyone for ages since she wrecks them. She doesn't travel for ages since she can jump anywhere on the planet quickly, etc. The closest we'd have to this was AU Kiss-shot surviving trying to kill herself, but we don't know how long she was attempting that for.

But blood is shown in the scene you sent... So then the regen negation only works when she's trying to kill and never else?

I think she may have to properly absorb a being for it to apply. Not just cause a random bite wound.

So before i make this response i just want to point out that the Kokorowatari sword would do nothing here, Ryuko's life fiber powers are 100% biological and completely natural

Yeah, big agree here.

Anyway, tl;dr - If Kiss-shot can KO/incap Ryuko for even a few minutes, she'd be able to vore Ryuko and stop any regen. If not, Ryuko would probably outlast. I'd like some more input on people more knowledgeable on klk for if KO/incap is viable here.

I vote Ryūko. Higher damage output from Shinobu would only help her since she gets stronger when she's close to death. She also possesses Reactive Evolution, and the odds of her being eaten for her regen to be negged are slim to none. Her Rage Power and better combat experience and higher lifting strength (no telekinesis for you, Shinobu) would also help her out.

How would she get around Shinobu's regen tho? Also lifting strength stops telekinesis from restraining, but doesn't stop it from being used for destruction.
If her Reactive Power Level functions like Weekly described, then she could get to the point where she one-shots Shinobu. Also, good point about the telekinesis. However, how in character would that be for Shinobu?

wait so like, if her arm was bitten off then would the cells and stuff just stop regenerating since thats what this regen negation sounds like.

Well, we never ever see Kiss-shot in a serious fight with intent to kill, but she has used it to intimidate/threaten someone. It doesn't seem like something she never uses.

Eventually amping to the point of hitting hard enough to splatter/vaporize, or potentially burning if Shinobu's heat resistance isnt good enough to withstand heat that instantly reduces stone to liquid
Anyway, tl;dr - If Kiss-shot can KO/incap Ryuko for even a few minutes, she'd be able to vore Ryuko and stop any regen. If not, Ryuko would probably outlast. I'd like some more input on people more knowledgeable on klk for if KO/incap is viable here.
Incap how exactly? KO isnt really viable given Ryuko's regen and the fact that she's only ever been knocked out once in the entire series and it was due to a mix of weapons that were made specifically to incapacitate her and ragyo traumatizing her

Eventually amping to the point of hitting hard enough to splatter/vaporize, or potentially burning if Shinobu's heat resistance isnt good enough to withstand heat that instantly reduces stone to liquid

That does sound eventually viable.

Incap how exactly? KO isnt really viable given Ryuko's regen and the fact that she's only ever been knocked out once in the entire series and it was due to a mix of weapons that were made specifically to incapacitate her and ragyo traumatizing her

Hmm, yeah that probably wouldn't work.

Although I did just remember an option Kiss-shot has that isn't often discussed, she can bite people to turn them into flawed vampire-zombies, but this seems unlikely to work due to lower LS.

Ryuko will eventually amp to a win, so she's where my vote's going.

Added it to the profiles, this can now be closed.

Back