• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Shinobu Oshino vs Ryuko Matoi

Phoenks

He/Him
FC/OC VS Battles
Administrator
Hopefully, this hasn't been done before...

Ryuko Matoi: 7
Shinobu Oshino:
Inconclusive:

Both are 6-B. This is Ryuko post-Junketsu/True Life Fiber Synchronized.
Speed is Equalized.

Shinobu's AP is 77 Teratons.
Ryuko's AP is 38-47 Teratons. Not sure what end is accepted.
So the AP gap is around 2x or 1.6x in the vampire's favor, not much.

Last edited:
How would she eat her tho lol.. Seishorou is a 9-A

Well Ryuoko can’t put her down lmao. As well as Shinobu still having a pretty big AP advantage,with her feat being done extremely casually.

If she eats an arm or something that’s flown off,it isn’t coming back. So piece by piece.

Shinobu has a minimal AP advantage, and Ryuko has rage power + stat amps the closer she is to dying.

So her bites negate regen as in, if she were to bite off just an arm, that arm would be prevented from regening? Does she even have the AP to be able to bite off a large portion like that in one bite? Idk how you measure such things on this site.

Even if so, idk about that, eating seems so unlikely with Ryuko lol

Shinobu has a minimal AP advantage
I just said that feat was done very casually. To almost 1 shot territory since she didn’t even mean to lol. It was effortless. That puts her with a big AP gap since she is way above that value.

So her bites negate regen as in, if she were to bite off just an arm, that arm would be prevented from regening?
Biting + eating the arm. Irrc it’s something to do with absorption. So yeah

I vote Ryūko. Higher damage output from Shinobu would only help her since she gets stronger when she's close to death. She also possesses Reactive Evolution, and the odds of her being eaten for her regen to be negged are slim to none. Her Rage Power and better combat experience and higher lifting strength (no telekinesis for you, Shinobu) would also help her out.

Ryuko scales above her feat by a pretty big amount as well. It's not that big of a gap.

Can I get an example of her regen negation? Like a vid/scan or something?

Ryuko scales above her feat by a pretty big amount as well. It's not that big of a gap.

Can I get an example of her regen negation? Like a vid/scan or something?

Here’s her negging regen.

I vote Ryūko. Higher damage output from Shinobu would only help her since she gets stronger when she's close to death. She also possesses Reactive Evolution, and the odds of her being eaten for her regen to be negged are slim to none. Her Rage Power and better combat experience and higher lifting strength (no telekinesis for you, Shinobu) would also help her out.
She can’t neg High-Mid lmao. So Ryuko can’t really win here.

That's regen negation? I-

I don't really understand how that'd work on a moving target + the fact that it doesn't even seem like an ability at all...

Are you sure she's really negating regen there?

Btw negating regen isn't the only option, couldn't she also out-last Shinobu?

That's regen negation? I-

I don't really understand how that'd work on a moving target + the fact that it doesn't even seem like an ability at all...

Are you sure she's really negating regen there?
Considering Seishorou is dead,after dais encounter and can regen from being vaporized then yeah. Seishorou was only incapped by the seal and not officially killed until he was eaten irrc.

Ehhhh yeah, something about that it seems a little off to me, I think the fact that they didn't regenerate was just so the scene/death could happen. Plus, if they were sealed, doesn't that mean their regeneration was also sealed? Idk if that's actually her negating regeneration.

Is there any other time? Or even any times she does bite people in-combat?

I have not watched Monogatari past some of the first season.

Ehhhh yeah, something about that it seems a little off to me, I think the fact that they didn't regenerate was just so the scene/death could happen. Idk if that's actually her negating regeneration
???

That seal just flooded him with spiritual shit. It just incapped him.

Is there any other time? Or even any times she does bite people in-combat?
She bit Hanekawa here at the get go. She does so 2x before even doing anything else. Once in golden week,the other in the clip given.

That seal just flooded him with spiritual shit. It just incapped him.

So all of his powers were still there? He was just incapable of doing anything?

She bit Hanekawa here at the get go. She does so 2x before even doing anything else. Once in golden week,the other in the clip given.

I see... And still, this is Ryuko Matoi who has scissor blades, I really don't think she'd be able to bite her to death...

So all of his powers were still there? He was just incapable of doing anything?
From what’s shown ye.

I see... And still, this is Ryuko Matoi who has scissor blades, I really don't think she'd be able to bite her to death..
darn. You know this might sound weird,but maybe Shinobu can use her kokowatari to sever her from her life fibers. It goes intangible when not in contact with anything supernatural just to hit the supernatural part.

Yeah, that sounds weird since she's literally made of them... Like her entire physiology is life fibers. Severing them from her isn't really possible...

Are life fibers really supernatural though? In the verse, they were like an actual sentient life form that came from outer space.

Would Shinobu run out of stamina before her?

According to their pages, Shinobu has high stamina while Ryuko's is average.
Ryuko's is Very High (And you should definitely read it... The feats are quite insane). That's her first key.

I mean eh? Her regen compliments her stamina and doesn’t really need much for a while.

And even if she did. She can just hide in the shadows to rest up a bit or just pop out whenever she’s like Ryuko is open.

So then this is probably inconclusive unless somehow Shinobu bites her to death and somehow has regeneration negation (VERY questionable). Time spent in the shadows also allows Ryuko to rest.

Also, did Hanekawa ever heal that bite from Shinobu?

0hQyd5L.gif

Still, if she wasn't bleeding forever, that would mean that the wound was able to be recovered by even a normal person's 'regeneration' wouldn't it? Thereby making the regeneration negation even more questionable??

Still, if she wasn't bleeding forever, that would mean that the wound was able to be recovered by even a normal person's 'regeneration' wouldn't it? Thereby making the regeneration negation even more questionable??
?????????

What?

She wasn’t trying to kill her lmao. It’s never even stated whether the wound was there or not. Or if Hanekawa was hurt to the point of bleeding.

But blood is shown in the scene you sent...

So then the regen negation only works when she's trying to kill and never else?

daidjoia

The regeneration negation is never shown outside of that one scene where she eats a dude who was sealed???

Because if not then it just seems way too questionable to be a real ability of hers... And if it is, shouldn't it be on her profile?

Back