• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Shinobu Oshino vs Acnologia

Both are at full power? Is Acnologia at least Low 6-B instead of High 6-B?

Also is Acnologia dragon form or not? That may matter for Kokorowatari.

Yes, Shinobu doesn't have a High 6-B.

Probably. But even that could have been lethal if Shinobu herself didn't intervene.

Anyway, for anyone who's knowledgeable, how good are Acnologia's: Soul Absorption, Time Magic, Space-Time Manipulation, Pocket Reality Manipulation, and BFR?

And how does Acnologia deal with: Mid-high Regenerationn, and Kokorowatari (durability-negating sword that inflicts death after a single scratch, but only works on supernatural beings)?

I mean, they are mythical creatures.

Monogatari's thinking of "supernatural" covers any being/phenomenon that arises from human beliefs. Zombies, vampires, phoenixes, devils, curses, gods, ghosts, etc.

Agnaa said:
Monogatari's thinking of "supernatural" covers any being/phenomenon that arises from human beliefs. Zombies, vampires, phoenixes, devils, curses, gods, ghosts, etc.
Well then that makes the question moot, now doesn't it?

HenryWong122 said:
Well then that makes the question moot, now doesn't it?
I don't just want to assert that it works with no input from people knowledgeable on the other verse.

Fair enough.

Could anyone give input on these questions?

Agnaa said:
Anyway, for anyone who's knowledgeable, how good are Acnologia's: Soul Absorption, Time Magic, Space-Time Manipulation, Pocket Reality Manipulation, and BFR?

And how does Acnologia deal with: Mid-high Regenerationn?

Acno's soul absorbtion was used to commit near complete genocide of the dragon species in FT, but unfortunately we have no idea how it works since he was never shown using it so it's a non factor.

BFR, space time manipulation, time manipulation and pocket reality are all from the same feat. He consumed a dimension made completely out of time magic, punched his way out of said dimension and was able to take control of it he has shown basic terrain manipulation whilst inside the dimension. BFR comes from being able to draw ppl into said dimension against their will.

Mid-high regen is a rarity in FT, he hasn't fought anyone with that ability AFAIK. I do imagine it can be dealt with via sealing while in his dimension. But all this depends on whether low 6b human Acno is used or dragon Acno is used both have significantly different tactics.

So as far as I can tell, Acnologia can only use those space time manip/time manip inside that dimension? And the BFR/pocket reality are from sending people to that dimension?

How exactly are people sent to that dimension?

Yes on both accounts. I also feel like I need to say that his only real display of time manipulation was manipulating and consuming the time magic in the dimension, it isn't overly impressive even by FT's standards.

It's depicted as thought based, all he has to do is identify who he wants and they are warped directly into the dimension.

Welp, Shinobu can't do anything to thought-based dimension BFR, and she doesn't have any one-shots of her own in this situation, so this might be a bit of a stomp?

Maybe? I don't know anything Shinobu so I assume that she uses magic or some facsimile which Acno resists.

But he really doesn't have a reliable answer for the regen imo, I mean he could seal her but being sufficiently powerful should allow her to escape the sealing b4 it's complete. If he wants to seal her he'll need to severely weaken her b4 that's even an option, so I'd think inconclusive.

Ps. I'm not voting, just dropping some info and opinions really

Calaca Vs said:
Don't forget that if he sends Shinobu to the dimension she'd be fighting Human Acno.
That's still a low 6b key though, so I figure makes little difference unless there's something I don't know about Shinobu.

Most of Shinobu's stuff is essentially defensive hax to counter specific abilities people could have, or is just another way of attacking that doesn't one-shot. Her anti-supernatural sword's her most broken power but Acnologia's not supernatural.

Didn't you say that Acnologia just needs to think to BFR? Why would Shinobu need to be severely weakened?

Dragons are in all means supernatural, pretty sure her sword should work just fine.

If Acno BFR her she'd fight with his spirit. If Shinobu has NPI (I haven't read the profiles, I'm just replying the comments) then she might be able to kill him. Pretty sure his soul is supernatural even if dragons for some reason are not.

He needs to think to BFR yes, but sealing and the BFR aren't the same ability. The sealing only happens while both are within the dimension together and while that's thought based too it isn't nearly as fast or too efficient, if ur strong enough u will break out.

Yeah Shinobu has NPI with her sword.

EDIT: If Acnologia still needs to fight after BFRing to be able to seal Shinobu and keep her down for good, then Shinobu should be able to take this eventually. Voting for her.

Calaca Vs said:
Dragons are in all means supernatural, pretty sure her sword should work just fine.

If Acno BFR her she'd fight with his spirit. If Shinobu has NPI (I haven't read the profiles, I'm just replying the comments) then she might be able to kill him. Pretty sure his soul is supernatural even if dragons for some reason are not.
No clue on whether his soul counts tbh, there's also the fact that his soul also negs magic as well.

As for dragons being supernatural, I don't think so. They haven't been described as being divine or beyond any natural phenomena in any capacity, they are just intelligent, morbidly powerful flying lizards, hell even the title "god" in FT is exactly that, a title. It doesn't actually mean divinity- discounting the more vaguely defined entities like Anksheram and Chronos.

Yes, with the sealing problem and her Kokorowatari meant to kill supernatural beings, I think Shinobu takes this.

"and Non-Physical Interaction with Kokorowatari sword (Can cut through any supernatural being and kill them with a single scratch, including ghosts and selectively tangible beings, useless otherwise, as it simply phases through targets without dealing any harm to them)"

Pretty sure this counts as in most media ghosts and souls are the same. Even without that, a living soul counts as something supernatural by itself.

I still think that the Kokorowatari should work on Dragon form just as good tho.

If none of the pocket realm shenanigans could put Shinobu down, it'd probably be a stomp.

Back