• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Shiki Tohno vs Eversor Assassin - Murderous Intent

Spoke about this over Discord, might as well give this a shot.

Plot: Shiki is just sitting reading a book in his house, when suddenly a large explosion happens and Eversor is standing there drugged to the nines intent on slaying him.

Speed is equalised, both start about 10 metres apart. SBA otherwise

I see things: 0

I'm an angry boi: 2

Ezio would be proud: 0

Last edited:
I'll try and dig up some stuff for him, can we get the feats for Shiki here? Went with 10 metres cause it gives a feasible enough range for Eversor's gun.

This is pain and it hurts my soul

From the get go, I feel the Eversor takes this. All of the assassin types are drilled with so much training that many members dying is standard fare. Before even getting into the specific schools of assassination and taking their real training, they are subjected to tests in the ships that pick them up, like combat in the dark and surviving extreme temperatures.

They are also trained to operate almost any known technology, every aspect of human anatomy and every discovered aspect of the xenos' anatomy, to fend themselves by their lonesomes while navigating the galaxy, and shit like that. And among them, the Eversor is the killing shit assassin that kills it with a sword.

On top of that, Eversor has range with neuro toxin shit, and has 2 weapons to Shiki's 1. Though how big the explosion when an Eversor dies factors into this. if it's not big enough, then Shiki's Instinctive Reaction may let him leap in time to escape that shit. If it's too big, Eversor likely gets a draw at worst.

Shiki, while heavily injured (like, skin and flesh torn, internal organs fatally damaged levels of injured) killed up to 70 beasts stronger than himself, while he was surrounded, while taking no damage. The Chaos fight has a bunch of good feats for that, specifically for his instinctive reaction.

If SBA is assuming Shiki at his peak, then his eyes are than developed enough for him to kill the explosion.

That said, even if Shiki killed the neurotoxin as it entered his body, he would be left plain open for an attack, and even with instinctive reaction he can't keep dodging forever.

I don't remember any case of Shiki killing something as abstract an explosion, especially one he doesn't see coming because his instinctive reaction helps him evade, not trace the lines of things he hasn't even seen. Inanimate objects were as far as he got. Not even Ryougi did something like that, and she had a much easier time killing esoteric things, plus being many levels above Tohno using the eyes.

The beasts being stronger than him is meaningless as well. It is a good feat to show him not getting hit despite the shitty conditions, but his power already dura negs. It doesn't add much to the feat.

Considering how immensely fast the toxins act, I find killing the toxins unlikely.

Neurotoxins can be killed. Mystic Eyes of Death Perception can kill anything as long as the user can comprehend the type of death of the being, and can consider them alive.

Which is exactly why Ryougi could kill a power that twists space, killed a potential future, and appendicitis or something like that. But even she evaded an explosion instead of cutting anything. So Tohno, who is below her, doing such a thing is doubtful at best. Especially when he doesn't know that any explosion is coming.

So question, would the stuff to trigger the bomb activate if the Eversor in general is just rendered deader than dead can even be considered dead?

The explosion happens due to the cocktail of drugs in his body plus some interesting reactions at the moment of death, so yes. Even if Shiki cuts and kills, he is only killing the Eversor as he is only cutting his line.

His only chance would be if the explosion ain't too big, or if he stabs a point in the Eversor, erasing his body completely. This is all still assuming that he wins.

Considering the shit Space Marines pull off and that Assassins should totally scale about no name Marines, I don't see Shiki winning this. Eversor doesn't need to trace anything either, his power sword just has to touch and Matter Manip says "HelLo tHErE BITCh"

Really? Shiki has killed stuff like "hallway", "a building" and "lightning". Pretty sure a explosion is well within his range. according to TV troupes he also killed Arcueid's connection with The World in one ending but i can't confirm how legit that is

The Ryougi argument doesn't make sense when you consider that she not only doesn't just kill anything thrown at her, but she was also caught by surprise. Really, only reason she didn't die was because of her 6th sense.

I also find it hard to believe that Shiki couldn't react to the explosion in time when he explicitly already reacts to things he can't see coming with his insticts, like how he managed to stop Nero dead in his track despite not being capable of reacting at all.

The neurotoxin argument is fair though. I'll ask 40k guys how big the explosion is.

You did remember that I mentioned inanimate objects, right...? Inanimate objects are not at all comparable to an explosion. I imagine he killed the lightning in his fight with Roa or something like that?

She was caught by "surprise" yet was fast enough to leap farther than the explosion could reach after the explosive had already been set off, which is way more distance than pulling her knife out and swinging. Don't know man, doesn't convince me.

I mean, isn't that going against his profile...? He scales to Nero for reacting to him, but you are saying he wasn't capable of reacting at all. If his instinctive reaction has no feats of him cutting the lines of things he couldn't even perceive coming, then I just don't see that working out at all for the explosion, if we assume he can kill it.

Really? Shiki has killed stuff like "hallway", "a building" and "lightning". Pretty sure a explosion is well within his range. according to TV troupes he also killed Arcueid's connection with The World in one ending but i can't confirm how legit that is

The Ryougi argument doesn't make sense when you consider that she not only doesn't just kill anything thrown at her, but she was also caught by surprise. Really, only reason she didn't die was because of her 6th sense.

I also find it hard to believe that Shiki couldn't react to the explosion in time when he explicitly already reacts to things he can't see coming with his insticts, like how he managed to stop Nero dead in his track despite not being capable of reacting at all.

The neurotoxin argument is fair though. I'll ask 40k guys how big the explosion is.
That isn’t how death works... like at all. Like what? How do you kill an explosion, or a hallway? Are you sure you aren’t pulling this out of nowhere? No offense but I cannnot.. how? How does that work?

Was it not because Shiki just realises the moment where the thing would have died or smth like that? The guy can kill on a conceptual level so there's that

That's how it works, yes.

The death being talked about in Nasuverse, at least in respect to the eyes, has nothing at all to do "cessation of the bodily functions", but more "the assured destruction that comes to all things, material or immaterial".

Is why Shiki Ryougi can kill apparitions even though they are just residual thoughts of dead people - they can effect the world, therefore they are "alive" and defined, therefore they have an end, therefore they can die. Tohno's eyes are less powerful, but he can kill inanimate objects as well.

He killed lightning fighting against Roa yeah, also killed his bounded field. Type Moon Wiki says he can kill nature itself in a area but i can't confirm, i dropped Tsukihime midway through reading, but if that's true i'm pretty sure he can kill an explosion.

Also, again, not only does Shiki not just kill everything thrown at her, physically speaking what you are saying makes no sense. She only noted the explosio after it already went off, and leaping just needs you to put force into legs so that you go up. Picking up your knife in your hip, turning around and slashing is much more difficult.

Also yeah, but i disagree with his profile honestly. Can't do much on that. He should still be MHS, Nero should just be faster.

Also, don't misunderstand me, i think Eversor still wins, just not nearly as easy as you make it seem.

Also, i don't know why you assume Shiki would go for the lines when it's way more in character for him to hit the points.

The World is a living thing as well, so that makes perfect sense. And yes, he could kill the land to cut off Arcueid's support.

I don't see what difficulty has to do with anything, I am talking about speed. She can outrun the explosion, but still decided to leap away to escape instead. And considering she even had to throw her phone away to not damage it in the water, I find it doubtful she would have jumped if she could help it.

Nah, I don't think he wins easily. A battle can be hard-fought but still lean very heavily to one side despite many scenarios.

EDIT: Eh... I don't know about In-character, but agree to disagree on that respect.

Honestly i just find a little ridiculous to say Ryougi couldn't kill a explosion when she's killed space warping or concepts before. I just don't think she uses the MEoDP as frequently as she could.

But yeah, Eversor wins. Needlegun fire would keep Shiki at bay and approach would be difficult. Not even mentioning how the Eversor has a calculator thingy that shows them where it's best to aim.

I don't find it very ridiculous. The MEoDP only cares about the perception of the user and the status of the target. Ryougi had a much easier time killing the future than killing the Ashes of a man that reached enlightenment, simply because the concept of death of his ashes was many levels above the norm due to his circumstances. If it's something that would be hard to recognize as "alive", it makes perfect sense to think she may not be able to due to either of these two points: perception or the status of the target.

Just see how Tohno had way more issues than Ryougi killing inanimate things, since his assassin instincts and general perspective made rendering the inanimate into "living" things very hard.

Tbf to Tohno, Ryougi can deal with that a million times better because of the nature of her existence, while Tohno is just a human.

Ryougi does have more powerful eyes, but she would be bogged down the same if she had issues perceiving things as alive.

But yes, Eversor wins. Hopefully he at least loses an arm or a leg. That'd be funny.

Back