• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Sub Zero vs Eversor Assassin

Okay so I noticed a couple of things, first that Sub's profile seems to be more or less sorted now with the MK revisions and also the match he actually had with the Eversor didn't carry over with that forum move. So let's give this another shot.

Speed is equalised. Sub is High 8-C vs Eversor at 8-C, SBA otherwise

The assassin that's ice cold: 0

The assassin that has issues: 1

Incon: 0

Last edited:
Damn AZ was pretty useful, was it debunked? Regardless I don't know if Eversor has a calc for 8-C, is sub pretty high up in the tier?

Not debunked, but we separated MK profiles into different continuities (the Midway and NRS games are like Post Crisis stuff) so Sub-Zero lost the AZ since it came from a Midway game, which we don't consider canon to the NRS games.

Sub is High 8-C+

Fair enough then, sounds like Sub is pretty close to 8B then I guess I'll try and find a calc for Eversor

one touch of the offhand/poison dart gun thing and Sub dies horribly, add this to the Eversor having dura neg with matter manip and Sub-Zero does not want to get hit by the drugged guy, also Eversor has a YUUUUUGE skill advantage. Quoting Wokistan for this one

"Even the weakest and newest ones would shred any non named non tier 6 Space Marine, and the best are downright ridiculous. One unnamed Eversor Assassin fought Liegenstrasse, the rouge Maeorus assassin, ending the battle in a mutual kill due to their bio meltdown. Liegenstrasse had previously defeated Darnath Lysander, a Culexus Grand master, a squad of hardened space marines who specialized in close combat, an Emperor's Champion, all this while dodging sniper fire from a squad of Scouts and a Vindicare Grand Master. Dodging Vindicare fire at all is an absurd feat as is, to say nothing of a Grand master. Liegenstrasse also killed the Culexus. Liegenstrasse also fought a squad of Terminators, Lysander again, a Librarian, another Emperor's Champion, the same Vindicare Grand master, and the Eversor Assassin. While the Eversor ultimately would be mortally wounded and secured the kill through the bio explosion combined with Lysander taking advantage of this, that nameless Eversor was the only one of any of those to be able to really fight Liegenstrasse on equal footing. Obviously this is a high end Eversor, but the fact that this guy wasn't even like an Eversor Grand Master or anything should tell you what types of monsters the Eversor temple cultivates." ~ Wokistan

All Assassins also have full knowledge and mastery of every martial art/fighting style in human history implanted into their brains and bodies iirc.

Thats just a starting point for every Assassin as well.

Okay so it says 0.468 Tons of TNT

Considering that it looks like the marines weren't really all that badly damaged and Eversor's are sent to kill things they have issues with I guess Eversor's above that by a good margin

I think Sub's around 10 tons but I'm not sure there

Okay so it says 0.468 Tons of TNT

Considering that it looks like the marines weren't really all that badly damaged and Eversor's are sent to kill things they have issues with I guess Eversor's above that by a good margin

I think Sub's around 10 tons but I'm not sure there
If Sub was 10 tons he would be 8-B. I think he’s 8 tons. Though the ap advantage is completely irrelevant, these assassins fight things that can one shot them every day of the week.

But it says here High 8-C is 2 to 11 tons unless we've revised it tho

Wait really, that is so jarring (like every other tier starts at an even number or a number ending with 5). Though I remember sub was closer to 8 rather than 10. Also aren’t the MK characters getting downgraded soon or did I read the revisions wrong?

Well hey I just read the page so idk but that's what it says

I think MK got like the rebooted timeline stuff done at least hence why Sub's not tier 7 anymore, fair enough he's probably 8 given that he probably doesn't fully scale to FG Liu Kang. But that's still a super AP gap there, not enough for a one shot but would certainly make any hit near mortal I guess (No pun intended)

Hmm so Sub holds the AP advantage but Eversor has the skill and hax advantage… I think im gonna vote for the Eversor for those very reasons.

The assassin is .5 while sub is 8. 8 divided by .5 is a 16 times gap. Sub zero absolutely one shots. It just doesn’t matter much because these assassins already fight people capable of easily one shoting them constantly.

This purely comes down to who is more skilled and unfortunately neither of these characters do anything that would be realistically skilled, so saying who is more skilled is throwing darts at a dart board. Especially since the assassins being used are the vastly less skilled, mentally unstable ones.

Sub should have ways to handle the dura neg stuff like throwing projectiles and using ice clones to take hits so there's that I guess

The assassin is .5 while sub is 8. 8 divided by .5 is a 16 times gap. Sub zero absolutely one shots. It just doesn’t matter much because these assassins already fight people capable of easily one shoting them constantly.

This purely comes down to who is more skilled and unfortunately neither of these characters do anything that would be realistically skilled, so saying who is more skilled is throwing darts at a dart board. Especially since the assassins being used are the vastly less skilled, mentally unstable ones.
Eversors might be maybe less skilled then the others but definitely not vastly, they are able to fight beings far stronger than themselves and have achieved some pretty nuts feats.

Which get countered by Sub's, plus he's got ice clones to take hits for him too.

Skill wise Sub has some good feats under his belt too, to quote Ecstasy

"Sub-Zero has fought and defeated Goro and Kintaro in a 2v1, the former being able to hold his title as champion in Mortal Kombat for 500 years. Keep in mind that Goro has constantly fought Shaolin Monks and many other martial artists throughout the years and still beats them even though they have more knowledge on martial arts than him and have supernatural abilities such as elemental powers. It's impressive because Sub-Zero beat a guy who is super bored about fighting Shaolin Monks except for Liu Kang (Goro even told Liu Kang that he was hoping for a worthy Shaolin to fight against, implying that skilled martial artists are fodder to Goro)

He has defeated Ermac twice, who has the battle experience and minds of thousands of at least thousands of years old Edenian warriors who have fought back against Shao Kahn's invasion. He is experienced enough to train an entire clan of warriors to become Lin Kuei assassins and he did this all by himself.

He has also defeated and surpassed his brother, Bi-Han, who has fought of an immortal Elder God named Shinnok (said god has eons of experience fighting Raiden) and Quan Chi, a thousand year old sorcerer knowledgable on the most potent magic in MK.
"

Not sure how much of this carries over with the revisions but the main stuff is there.

The Eversor has to deal with long ranged ice attacks that can cover a significant AoE as well as a forcefield that emits a freezing blast. Sub has more than enough AP to freeze and shatter him.

As for the dura negging stuff, Sub can jump out of those with ice clones or simply freeze them if he sees it coming his way. The Power Sword is his best bet of oneshotting Sub since the other hax come from projectiles that have to hit him first before applying the hax (which Sub-Zero can block with his shields without having to stay behind them), but like I said, he can use the ice clones to take the damage for him.

Also, since we're assuming that Sub is the one in danger here, shouldn't we also consider what he can do against the Eversor? He has a bunch of long ranged attacks that can easily kill him or set him up for an easy kill.

Oh and even if Sub wins this, the outcome is still the same as the last match where the Eversor kills itself and Sub before it dies

Eversor Assassins can lunge themselves a large distance to avoid AOE(were talking tens of meters) and that "**** you" explosion they can do kind of settles things

Sub-Zero's AoE attacks aren't just a single explosion. It's also a lingering effect that can stay up for as long as he can handle. If the Eversor tries to get near him, he'd be frozen by the aura before Sub-Zero breaks him with a few blows.

Sub-Zero's AoE attacks aren't just a single explosion. It's also a lingering effect that can stay up for as long as he can handle. If the Eversor tries to get near him, he'd be frozen by the aura before Sub-Zero breaks him with a few blows.
Assuming the Eversor doesn't shoot Sub-Zero with a dart that kills him. Because those dart shots use the exact same poison as the off-hand

Since this is SBA, they both start at 4km away from each other. Sub-Zero starts with ranged attacks if he has the range advantage, so the Eversor's projectiles have to reach him first in order to administer their toxins. Otherwise, it's not helping when he can either freeze the projectiles before it reaches him or block the projectiles from a distance with several ice constructs.

The poison from his offhand weapon is effective at melee range. He'd be frozen by any of Sub-Zero's ranged attacks and ice constructs before he even taps him once. Same for his Power Sword.

Since this is SBA, they both start at 4km away from each other. Sub-Zero starts with ranged attacks if he has the range advantage, so the Eversor's projectiles have to reach him first in order to administer their toxins. Otherwise, it's not helping when he can either freeze the projectiles before it reaches him or block the projectiles from a distance with several ice constructs.

The poison from his offhand weapon is effective at melee range. He'd be frozen by any of Sub-Zero's ranged attacks and ice constructs before he even taps him once. Same for his Power Sword.
When the eversor has this big of a skill advantage? And by SBA Eversor has every approach he needs due to the trees blocking sight, whats to say Sub-Zero doesn't get pounced on from a tree?

The feats mentioned only apply to stronger Eversors, who are rated as possibly Low 5-B. We're not using the version that absolutely curbstomps Sub with their presence.

As for the skill of a tier 8 Eversor, as mentioned by Warper (I assume this is the bare minimum for an Eversor) the history of martial arts and fighting styles can vary between verses. Any explanation on what kinds of martial arts are in Warhammer, and have Eversors ever exploited that in a feat?

About SBA, the location they're in also has wide open spaces. Sub-Zero can teleport himself into that area to get a better view of the opponent he's fighting.

Can't answer that, I'm not exactly a 40K expert, though does the Eversor have a Melta Bomb? Cause those have a nasty tendency to be tier 7/6

Honestly this fight is unfortunately either an Eversor win cause they can sneak a poison dart into Sub-Zero or an incon since even if the Eversor loses the bomb goes off.

am on mobile what is the range on eversors bomb? Depending on range Sub could teleport out the way I guess?

I just ask cause iirc Eversor's are like kept in frozen storage when they're not on duty so if they were guess that would be something?

I just ask cause iirc Eversor's are like kept in frozen storage when they're not on duty so if they were guess that would be something?
They kind of have to be in frozen because they are drugged to the point of insanity, but they would sooner be pushed to hitting the **** everything button hit by a freezing anything

Would they even have a chance to press that? Sub can oneshot and freeze with stuff at the same time, if their blood was frozen with it they can't bio meltdown either. Sub has frozen people's blood and organs and stuff iirc

I mean its not gonna blow up charge off the bat is it? It just seems to run and attack first before trying to Thunder McQueen himself, it does do that yes but Sub can one shot him and freeze him. If it lost a limb then fair enough it does I guess but the AP gap has Sub pasting and freezing him with a stray hit, if the fight does get prolonged then can also see Eversor going for the nuke but let's be real this fight wouldn't be long anyway.

Gtg early half 6am start at work

Back