• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
No, we have seen with people like Dio that he interacts with things normally. The kinetic energy doesn't just remain there to be unleashed the second Shigeo's barrier is down. If he can't destroy it in 5 seconds of normal time, he won't in 5 of stopped time.

LSirLancelotDuLacl said:
No, we have seen with people like Dio that he interacts with things normally. The kinetic energy doesn't just remain there to be unleashed the second Shigeo's barrier is down. If he can't destroy it in 5 seconds of normal time, he won't in 5 of stopped time.
Kakyoin disagrees.

Kakyion and everyone else should also be completely untouchable for DIO due to their stopped time, but that's obviously not it. Things touched by DIO and Jotaro are, to some degree, affected like they weren't stopped in time. My only point is that if Jotaro can't destroy the barrier in 5 seconds of normal time, he won't in seconds of stopped time.

Kakyoin got donutted, and only went hurtling away to the water tower when ts ended.

Is there any reason for Jotaro to not be able to break the barrier in 5 seconds?

Ecetereis said:
Stands are also mental energy. I just searched up psyche. Psyche means related to the mind. The stronger your mental energy, the stronger the stand.
And Mob's entire powerset is based around mental energy.

No matter what way you look at this Shigeo can see and interact with Star Platinum.

TacticalNuke002 said:
And a cat got kicked by DIO, it travelled some distance and then stopped,

If we decided to think Jotaro time stopped at the very start, or managed to timestop somehow, Mob's passive defense left him undamaged by 0.73 attacks. Jotario's Star Platinum is only 1.25x something stronger, and that was something Mob tanked while already drained from energy. Jotaro can get through, but not in 5 seconds worth of punches.

Jotaro has that AP with one punch. A full barrage (which may have dozens) would obviously break it down.

Retracting my vote for now.

TacticalNuke002 said:
Jotaro has that AP with one punch. A full barrage (which may have dozens) would obviously break it down.

Retracting my vote for now.
Mob while being weakened was undamaged by .73 tons. Jotaro doesn't have the AP to take it down in time.

Jotaro's scaling chain is

0.738 (iirc) tons=Tarkus<<<Post-Deep Pass Jonathan (oneshotted or defeated extremely easy Tarkus)=<Dio<Awakened Dio<Jotaro (a single punch caused Dio to explode)

Unless we consider the final attack PIS, but even then Star Platinum constantly caused damage to both Dio and Awakened Dio.

Only Awakened Dio is supposedly stronger than Part 1 Dio, but I don't think it's by much. Regular Part 3 Dio got always shitstomped by Star Platinum.

As for Awakened Dio vs Star Platinum, it's unclear since Dio got his hand broken by the latter, but in the manga, he was matching him during the Steamroller Scene without the World.

And Star Platinum is equal to the World.

Yea, Jotaro and Mob are close to eachother in strength.

Barriers is it, though.

so uh

Mob is now 3 Tons

I feel like that probably changes things.

Nico-v11 said:
Was he still undamaged by 3 tons while being drained?
No, 3 Tons was Shimazaki going all out on Teru. It wasn't casual.

The only character with a casual 3 ton feat is Serizawa, who is explicitly stronger than Base Mob and Shimazaki.

It was contested previously because of a casual scaling chain

It was done by going all out, so that's moot.

It's only 3x.

Yeah and how many times has Mob's barrier actually been broken? Not many from what I remember. Especially with only a 5 second time frame to break the barrier.

Even if he somehow manages to break it Mob is still around and he'll still be alive and conscious to continue fighting after those 5 seconds.

On a different note Megumu Koyama is 8-C for destroying Mob's barriers buuuuutttt Mob is High 8-C....anyway has anyone other than him even gotten close to breaking them?

10 seconds I think

No one is able to break Mobs barrier Because someone is fighting back, a free 10 seconds to wail on him helps a lot

But Jotaro doesn't have 5 seconds? He only has 5 seconds if Mob is already in his punching range when he stops time, which is not the case since they start out at 20 meters and Mob often plays the range game.

Nico-v11 said:
On a different note Megumu Koyama is 8-C for destroying Mob's barriers buuuuutttt Mob is High 8-C....anyway has anyone other than him even gotten close to breaking them?
I'm in the middle of fixing that.

So yeah only 5 seconds. Mob can easily survive that.

Jotaro is wailing on him for a full 5 seconds

That doesn't seem to be easily survivable.

WHYNAUT said:
But Jotaro doesn't have 5 seconds? He only has 5 seconds if Mob is already in his punching range when he stops time, which is not the case since they start out at 20 meters and Mob often plays the range game.

5 seconds while at a distance. Some time is taken to get to Mob. Mob's barrier is legitimately powerful not going to give way easily. If it breaks Mob will still be alive after the 5 seconds are up and fight back.

'we sort of have an issue where 5 seconds allows for like a bagillion punches if we consider speed, while if we consider his actual fights it doesn't amount to much.

bump

Should I keep this as Jotaro or switch to someone stronger like DIO or Diavolo?

I don't think Jotaro has a chance of winning here, honestly. And with Dio and Diavolo, if the range is like it is now, both would be an inconclusive who shoots first I'm pretty sure.

At does Jotaro not have a chance but Dio dies?

He has regen over Jotaro but offensively he's only slightly above

Back