• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Mob's barriers are on passively but they come from his mind which would not work during stopped time so they should actually turn off

Paul Frank said:
Mob's barriers are on passively but they come from his mind which would not work during stopped time so they should actually turn off
If they are on while he's asleep there's no reason they should be off while he consciously awake. Time being stopped doesn't mean his mind has stopped functioning or anything. If it's up before time was stopped then it'll still be up when time is stopped

Your mind kind of would stop functioning during a time stop none of your synapses could fire

While your sleep your mind still functions thus the barriers stay up

Nope. If you stop time while a rock is falling then the rock will be in midair. Time having stopped didn't stop gravity from having an effect on the rock, it just stopped the progress of existence. It however does not stop the existence of something.

Mob's mind still exists and still functions but it's not progressing further. That's all it is.

What no Mob's mind literally stops functioning no signals are sent or received no thoughts are made no synapses are fired nothing at all functions. The fact that his mind exists doesn't mean anything his barriers are subconsciously put up by his mind so if his mind doesn't work neither do they

Saying they do is like saying if time was stopped accelerator still deflects attacks

Cannot Jotaro just get past the barrier with AP though? From the scan in the page, it simply implies it APs everything away. Jotaro has higher AP and blasting the barrier within timestop with a barrage of ORAORAORA shouldn't be too hard.

He would get past it with ap but the barrker would be off anyway if he time stops

If they are on while he's asleep there's no reason they should be off while he consciously awake. Time being stopped doesn't mean his mind has stopped functioning or anything. If it's up before time was stopped then it'll still be up when time is stopped

If I can bring this up in Accelerator threads and be rejected, I sure am going to do the same here.

Iapitus The Impaler said:
Stands coming from a soul does not mean that they can be sensed by someone just because they can effect souls. They are different things, and effecting a soul does not mean you can effect a stand.
It's a bit of a stretch to say someone who regularly uses ESP to sense ghosts, spirits, curses, astral projections, the auras of psychics, and souls can't see something that is essentially the product of a soul.

Seriously we talked about this for who knows how many posts on another thread; if you can sense ghosts/spirits/souls you should be able to see stands.

Mob should interact too. Soul interaction consistently affects stands in JoJo. See: Silver Chariot Requiem and Black Sabbath.

Paul Frank said:
What no Mob's mind literally stops functioning no signals are sent or received no thoughts are made no synapses are fired nothing at all functions. The fact that his mind exists doesn't mean anything his barriers are subconsciously put up by his mind so if his mind doesn't work neither do they

Saying they do is like saying if time was stopped accelerator still deflects attacks
The functions don't stop working all of sudden nor do any signals that were sent stop existing. The barrier is UP. Stopping time will prevent Mob from doing anything but will not all of a sudden stop a currently existing put up barrier from not existing.

That's like saying someone is putting up a physical metal shield up and stopping Time will make the person drop it because his brain is not sending signals to keep the shield up with his arm.

Or sending signals to keep the person breathing and just die. This logic is very much flawed.

Dargoo Faust said:
It's a bit of a stretch to say someone who regularly uses ESP to sense ghosts, spirits, curses, astral projections, the auras of psychics, and souls can't see something that is essentially the product of a soul.

Seriously we talked about this for who knows how many posts on another thread; if you can sense ghosts/spirits/souls you should be able to see stands.

Mob should interact too. Soul interaction consistently affects stands in JoJo. See: Silver Chariot Requiem and Black Sabbath.
Something being to product of a soul usually does not mean you can interact with stands by interacting with the soul.

When? Ghosts and Souls are a very different thing from stands. If they were the same thing, then Limp Biscuit would be just summoning ghosts, but it isn't, its creating stand zombies.

Both of those are stands themselves lol. Silver Chariot Requiem does control stands by manipulating the soul, but that is specifically its power. Black Sabbath is just able to grab both stands and souls.

Something being to product of a soul usually does not mean you can interact with stands by interacting with the soul.

When? Ghosts and Souls are a very different thing from stands. If they were the same thing, then Limp Biscuit would be just summoning ghosts, but it isn't, its creating stand zombies.

Both of those are stands themselves lol. Silver Chariot Requiem does control stands by manipulating the soul, but that is specifically its power. Black Sabbath is just able to grab both stands and souls.
Except every time something interacts with souls in JoJo it interacts with stands.

They're similar, and stands are products of the latter.

That doesn't mean anything. SCR only soulswaps, which happens to swap stands as well. Sabbath grabs souls, but when it's a stand user it grabs a stand.

You're really stretching these JoJo terms to ignore verse equalization. They're explicitly connected to and are part of/a product of the soul. Of course something that can harm spiritual beings and souls can harm them. "Similar supernatural aspects of verses are equalized"; Mob can see, interact with, and harm Star Platinum.

I never liked the "it turns out x character is definitely able to do this!" in the middle of a vsthread. And this was even rejected before so it's more suspicious to see it being affirmed as a fact, why don't you guys go make a CRT, again?

@Efficiente

Hey funny thing is, that happens in Jojo battles in the manga sometimes, so clearly that can happen in here right?? Cough cough Dio vs Jotaro cough cough But seriously we'll be making a lot of CRTs in that case and a lot of matches will halt. For better or for worse

Also really. Even if time stop happens or whether or not Mob can stop the Stand, there's still the big issue of range advantage and the fact that Mob will just TK stop Jotaro. No point timestopping if you can't move. Sure the Stand can move but that's already ignoring several contradictions and assuming Mob can't harm it.

Voting for Mob.

@Dargoo My message wasn't addressed to you, I know and it's evident that you're not the one claiming something new.

Dargoo Faust said:
Except every time something interacts with souls in JoJo it interacts with stands.

They're similar, and stands are products of the latter.

That doesn't mean anything. SCR only soulswaps, which happens to swap stands as well. Sabbath grabs souls, but when it's a stand user it grabs a stand.

You're really stretching these JoJo terms to ignore verse equalization. They're explicitly connected to and are part of/a product of the soul. Of course something that can harm spiritual beings and souls can harm them. "Similar supernatural aspects of verses are equalized"; Mob can see, interact with, and harm Star Platinum.
Completely false. Arnold and Remy are not stands, and Kira's dad is a ghost with a stand, which proves they are not one in the same.

Stands can be a product of the soul, but they are not the soul.

SCR does a lot more than just swapping souls my guy, his evolutionary bullshit is enough to prove that. Yes, stands may rooted in the soul, but they are not the soul. Yes, Black Sabbath grabs the stand in place of the soul, but if the soul were just the stand then white snakes ability retconned that into oblivion. We can see that D'arby grabs souls, not stands as well, so that is just a quirk of Black Sabbath's trial system

If he can interact with non-corporeal shit, then he can interact with stands, but stands are not the soul. They are connected with the soul, yes, but they they are not the soul. If he can harm the non-corporeal, then fine, but if it just interacting with the spiritual then they do not equalise.

If he can interact with non-corporeal shit, then he can interact with stands, but stands are not the soul. They are connected with the soul, yes, but they they are not the soul. If he can harm the non-corporeal, then fine, but if it just interacting with the spiritual then they do not equalise.
No one is saying that Stands are Souls, but just that they have a clear connection to them., and thus, people capable of interacting with spirits and souls should be capable of interacting with stands (at least when it comes to hand-to-hand combat).

And yes, Stands are Spiritual Energy. Ghosts are Spiritual Energy too. Are they the same thing? No. Do they have similar features? Yes. is it even r openly stated, proven or implied that Ghosts cannot interact with Stands? No.

Yeah. As much as we allow for many exceptions to exist in Jojo, we can't just use that to say "Since this didn't happen except for Event A/B/C, then it can never happen ever".

That would be unfair to other verses

I think that Mob needs to KEEP active the barrier if he wants to defend himself. In Stopped Time Mob can't react AT ALL, and I would assume that after one punch to absorb the remaining energy in Mob's body (that was there until the last fraction of time before The World) he would smash poor Mob's face into a bloody porridge. This works because in the show we can see that Mob needs to be concentrated to deflect hits/exorcise.

If he can interact with non-corporeal shit, then he can interact with stands
That's what I've been saying this entire thread.

I've also not claimed stands are souls on this entire thread. I just claimed they are a product of the soul.

I'll comment more on your post in a bit though.

BeaterX666 said:
I think that Mob needs to KEEP active the barrier if he wants to defend himself.
No. He has barriers that are passive so even if Jotaro opens with timestop he has defenses that would need to be broken.

The barriers he does create if Jotaro doesn't start with timestop wouldn't just dissapear in stopped time.

Dargoo Faust said:
If he can interact with non-corporeal shit, then he can interact with stands
That's what I've been saying this entire thread.
I've also not claimed stands are souls on this entire thread. I just claimed they are a product of the soul.

I'll comment more on your post in a bit though.
Idk about that. Even ghosts can't affect stands. Could Mob affect something that ghosts can't? Even if he could then the first mov decides the match. That's why I vote inconclusive

Ecetereis said:
Idk about that. Even ghosts can't affect stands. Could Mob affect something that ghosts can't? Even if he could then the first mov decides the match. That's why I vote inconclusive
I mean, Mob effects spirits and souls too. And curses, alongside psychic energy.

DIO obviously didn't want to touch Joseph directly despite Time Stop specifically because of Hamon and Joseph covering himself in Hermit Purple which was channeling Hamon when Time Stopped.

So unless there's anything that disproves this, no Mob being time stopped doesn't change anything. The barrier is there when the match starts, and so remains there in time stopped.

But again, what's the AP difference between these two? Or the scaling chains if any?

Dargoo Faust said:
Ecetereis said:
I mean, Mob effects spirits and souls too. And curses, alongside psychic energy.
In this wiki, https://jojo.fandom.com/wiki/Stand, It says that stands are a form of psyche. I have no idea if that means Mob can see or harm them. Also, I think a character once said that stands are a form of Hamon.

Stands being related to Hamon was kinda a thing at the very start of Stardust Crusaders but that plot thread was dropped soon after.

Anyway, Ece, as said before it's been debated to death before. Souls are obviously connected to Stands, so simply enough there's no reason to assume people that can interact with souls can't interact with them. Shigeo should be able to harm SP no problem.

Stands are also mental energy. I just searched up psyche. Psyche means related to the mind. The stronger your mental energy, the stronger the stand. I also agree that it has to do with soul. I'm kinda confused on how loosely interpretated stands are. I'm going to assume mind and soul which means the first move counts. Time-stop equals Jotaro winning and non-timestop means Mob winning.

Not really? Even if he time stops, which he has no reason to do in the first move, Jotaro has to close 20 meters of space and break past Mob's passive barriers.

Does he have to activate them or they're always there even at his inconvience? Also Star Platinum could throw things but are they available? Another questions depends on travel speed. How fast is his flight?

If it's the same as Shigeo's durability, Jotaro shatters due to Building Level+ attack against Building Level durability.

Back