• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Shido Itsuka vs. Makoto Yuki

Mm, Shido should be capable of affecting non-corporeal with some abilities, but I don't remember him being capable of affecting non-corporeal with regular attacks.

I was going to put Shido against Ren but this is actually better

Anyway.

Neither Makoto nor Shido have a consistent leading move or character so it's a complete toss up on who will pull their trump card first.

That said, Shido's only guaranteed win conditions are his conceptual Seal and his Law Hax. Makoto his Almighty is also guaranteed

That said, Makoto has a great AP advantage, and one shots with basically any attack.

Considering either Shido uses two abilities while Anythkng Makoto does will work, I'm inclined to say Makoto takes this more often then not.

Shido and Makoto have pretty good versatility, Shido because the power from the Spirits and Makoto for the power from the Personas. Here is some things that Shido can do:

Sandalphon: As always, it won't work.

Camael: The Regenerationn is good for regular attacks, and if Makoto throws an instant-death spell Shido can ressurrect from it.

Zadkiel: Not too sure how would this play out, but I think Personas can phase through ice walls..

Haniel: Transmutation should be an easy win for Shido as Makoto has no resistance.

Raphael: Not sure how his wings can help, but probably taking out Makoto from his range.

Gabriel: Shido can amp himself (but as in his other fights in won't work) and can also mind hax. How good was Makoto's resistance to mind hax?

Metatron: He can perfectly avoid the attacks teleportating.

Michael: Shido can easily seal him.

Zafkiel: Shido can amp himself with Aleph to blitz.

Ain Soph Aur: Makoto resist death hax, so it won't probably work.

Ain Soph: Makotohas no resistance to law hax, so whatever Shido decides to do with this is going to work.

Ain: It should work as I didn't see resistance to EE in Makoto's profile.

Rasiel: Makoto doesn't have resistance to fate hax, but Shido haven't use it in combat, so meh.

This is without taking into account the multiple combinations these abilities can have, and that Shido can use multiple at the same time. However, Makoto has the AP adventage and Shdio can't do anything againts Allmighty Attacks, so I'm not too sure.

I realized Schnee commented before me, and said that Makoto wins, while I was giving a speech about Shido's abilities.

It is Mid, it can regenerate brain damage, and in the Regenerationn page says that repairing brain damage counts as Mid.

I don't remember what kind of brain damage, I would have to check it (but I'm lazy to do it). You could ask Dodon if you want.

I stopped keeping up with Date a Live for just a bit and and our harem protagonist became Low 2-C.

Wowsers.

From what I can see

Base Makoto can fight Elizabeth who is comparable to Lavenza who is >> Caroline and Justine who can easily defeat a Late-Game Joker who can defeat Holy Grail Yaldy who is casually Low 2-C.

Why the FRAs? Shido can dodge his attacks and then use an ángel which can give him the win. An Allmighty Attack is not danmaku or an AoE so Shido can avoid it with teleportation.

Doesn't shido use death first and if that dosent work he'll use law and uh everything else. Idk what other blue boy can do

He used Death Hax first once and he has lead with literally everything else at least once before, so he can lead with anything really.

Same with Makoto who can one shot with anything, though most of Shido's stuff is dodgeable

Correction to something above, Almighty is mostly AOEs. There are less ST Almighty spells than there are AOE.

Makoto FRA.

Back