• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Tatsuya Suou vs Makoto Yuki (The Sun vs The Universe)

Persona profiles are extremely outdated. I'd recommend against creating match-ups until the next CRT.

That being said, Tatsuya scales above Makoto (Tatsuya > Nyarlathotep = Philemon = Makoto), but Yuki can RE/AD to close the gap somewhat. I don't believe Tatsuya can resist The Universe's sealing, but he does have the ability to spam his time stop and attack with Nova Kaiser. I'll vote incon for now.

Persona profiles are extremely outdated. I'd recommend against creating match-ups until the next CRT.

That being said, Tatsuya scales above Makoto (Tatsuya > Nyarlathotep = Philemon = Makoto), but Yuki can RE/AD to close the gap somewhat. I don't believe Tatsuya can resist The Universe's sealing, but he does have the ability to spam his time stop and attack with Nova Kaiser. I'll vote incon for now.
Ah I see.

Would Tatsuya be the strongest persona protag techinally?

No. Joker scales to Adam Kadmon, and Maya should be equal to Tatsuya.
Joker scaling beyond the ******* great will wants to make me rip my own eyes, but i won't because i need those eyes to apreciate how stupid it is to consider YWVH to be the same as the great will
I would go in a schizo rambling on how SMT is wanked and SMT 1 thor being low 1-C when he was bodied by a regular nuclear bomb (not even a high tier nuclear bomb)

Joker scaling beyond the ******* great will wants to make me rip my own eyes, but i won't because i need those eyes to apreciate how stupid it is to consider YWVH to be the same as the great will
This isn't the time nor place to air your grievances against MegaTen's scaling lol. There are valid arguments against Adam Kadmon's rating, but your frustration against numerous pieces of evidence is not a good look on your part. If you're so perturbed by it, make a CRT.

I would go in a schizo rambling on how SMT is wanked and SMT 1 thor being low 1-C when he was bodied by a regular nuclear bomb (not even a high tier nuclear bomb)
I will say, this is just plain ignorant. The nukes were indirectly sent by YHVH himself through Thorman, who serves under him as Law-aligned Demon. It wouldn't make sense narratively if a staple of YHVH's plan blatantly would not work against the majority of his enemies. We have a Plot-Induced Stupidity page for a reason.

Last edited:
This isn't the time nor place to air your grievances against MegaTen's scaling lol. There are valid arguments against Adam Kadmon's rating, but your frustration against numerous pieces of evidence is not a good look on your part. If you're so perturbed by it, make a CRT.
Nah scaling megaten cosmology with each other is absolute cancer, i don't think even atlus knows the multiverse of Megami tensei. Since megami tensei 3 the series has been treathed less like a multiverse with very clear conections but series which conections comes from the demons, some cosmology elements and overal themes. That is why things like mandala multiverse only get brougth out in a pseudo sequel. Because if you start cross scaling elements that were obviously supossed to stay in the respective series, then you get stupid things like every single character in last bible one shotting 99% of the megaten verse
I will say, this is just plain ignorant. The nukes were indirectly sent by YHVH himself through Thorman, who serves under him as Law-aligned Demon. It wouldn't make sense narratively if a staple of YHVH's plan blatantly would not work against the majority of his enemies. We have a Plot-Induced Stupidity page for a reason.
?????What? In what world does YHVH sending the nukes makes it able to kill a higher dimensional being makes any sense. Why nukes then? Aren't nukes fragile, easy to destroy in mid air or straigth up incontrolable, or just hope that radiation doesn't exist. Also he needed a bunch of ******* things to be able to "safely" flood the world(?). Also every saying that every demon has the same power is kinda dubios considering how 4 apocolypse rebooted, showing tha every entry on the series having very different cosmology that makes crosscaling demons kinda hard (Nocturne and V having mandala shenanigans, apocolypse having an entirelly diferent explanation on demons). ******* hell even Old persona and new persona have very clear distiction with how persona works

Nah scaling megaten cosmology with each other is absolute cancer, i don't think even atlus knows the multiverse of Megami tensei. Since megami tensei 3 the series has been treathed less like a multiverse with very clear conections but series which conections comes from the demons, some cosmology elements and overal themes. That is why things like mandala multiverse only get brougth out in a pseudo sequel. Because if you start cross scaling elements that were obviously supossed to stay in the respective series, then you get stupid things like every single character in last bible one shotting 99% of the megaten verse
Again, you're talking to a brick wall (and derailing) by venting your frustrations in a random VS Thread. It's your largely incorrect rantings against the literal dossier of evidence we've compiled linking the franchise both chronologically and cosmologically. If you have an issue, make a CRT, or at least send it in the verse discussion thread. I'd be more inclined to actually respond if you took this to the proper channels.

Last edited:
Make a downgrade CRT and lose immediately.

First of all, as said by Lukewoesal, these profiles are heavily outdated. And, furthermore, I am the first to admit that Persona's 1 and 2 tend to be slight blindspots for me. Either way, I will use the ratings presented by Luke and the Wiki itself.

Since this is Late Game Makoto, Great Seal isn't much of a option. That said, Makoto should both have RE/AD to make any gap between the two in power smaller. If I am correct, the abilities of P1 and 2 character's to wield Persona's, while greater than normal Party members, isn't as expansive as Makoto's and other Wildcard's would be. As such, I think I would have to say that Makoto has the Versatility advantage 8/10 times give or take.

Makoto has no answer to Time Stop to my knowledge, but, from what I understand, Nova Kaiser's damage is primarily fire based, something which Makoto can very well have a affinity to deal with. Even if it's just a matter of Makoto realizing that he's randomly taking fire damage in a instant (From his POV at least), He could wise up and change his Persona. I don't know if Tatsuya can use the Nova Kaiser's time stop while using different attacks than Fire, but at that point it would become a affinity guessing game.

Ignoring the fact that Tatsuya's Stamina rating is crappy (Has no Justification- Though Makoto could do with a redo himself), most of their stats are similar.

Personally, with all the things I have laid out, I would argue that 7/10 times Makoto wins imo. That said, if someone with knowledge on Tatsuya that I lack has a argument, I am more than willing to change my mind. That said, maybe after the profiles are touched up on would be a better time to visit this battle.

If I am correct, the abilities of P1 and 2 character's to wield Persona's, while greater than normal Party members, isn't as expansive as Makoto's and other Wildcard's would be. As such, I think I would have to say that Makoto has the Versatility advantage 8/10 times give or take.
While this is technically true from a lore perspective, Tatsuya would still have access to the same array of elements, spells, and resistances as Makoto. Unless you want argue in terms of mythological abilities, Tatsuya should easily be able to match (albeit not with the same degree of flexibility) Makoto in terms of versatility.

Makoto has no answer to Time Stop to my knowledge, but, from what I understand, Nova Kaiser's damage is primarily fire based, something which Makoto can very well have a affinity to deal with. Even if it's just a matter of Makoto realizing that he's randomly taking fire damage in a instant (From his POV at least), He could wise up and change his Persona. I don't know if Tatsuya can use the Nova Kaiser's time stop while using different attacks than Fire, but at that point it would become a affinity guessing game.
Nova Kaiser deals a combination of Almighty and Light damage, while Nova Cyther (Eternal Punishment's equivalent) deals Nuclear damage (which Makoto should still be able to resist via UES).

Personally, with all the things I have laid out, I would argue that 7/10 times Makoto wins imo. That said, if someone with knowledge on Tatsuya that I lack has a argument, I am more than willing to change my mind. That said, maybe after the profiles are touched up on would be a better time to visit this battle.
The profiles absolutely need reworks, but otherwise they're generally evenly-matched.

Huh, never knew they're outdated. Thought the cosmology update took care of that.

And considering how big the franchise is. It be quite a task.

Nova Kaiser deals a combination of Almighty and Light damage, while Nova Cyther (Eternal Punishment's equivalent) deals Nuclear damage (which Makoto should still be able to resist via UES).
Mmm, then I suppose I was mistaken. Since the OP specifies EP in this case, unless that Tatsuya can still use Nova Kaiser instead of Cyther, I think my opinion would remain the same in all honesty. If he can still use that Kaiser version... Well, then I'd have to wonder how in character it would be, assuming we can gauge that at least.

This is why I don't talk about P1 and 2 cause now I look stupid lol

Back