• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Shichika Yasuri vs luffy (7-A tournament)

... What fight? Nanami was not Completed, while Shichika is, and he was stated to have copied her stuff after their fight, so Shichika is literally her but better sans Akuto Bita.

Because that range comes from Luffy extending his body, which means that Shichika doesn't even have to close the gap to instantly kill Luffy.

Luffy outranges in a way that makes it insultingly easy for Shichika to beat him. Shichika's precog is also future sight, functioning somewhat like a weapon telling him what it's about to do, which works on people who use martial arts because they have transformed their bodies into a living weapon.
Shichika can't tap Luffy's arm and make his heart explode - because he's never done that and what you described is basic Observation Haki. Luffy's future-sight is far more advanced

He has never done that exact motion but he more than has the means to, whether by simply transmitting the force directly to Luffy's heart or doing what he did in the finale and making someone's heart explode with the air that came off his fist. And no, what I have described so far is far better than any application of Observation Haki in the series in multiple different ways.

... What fight? Nanami was not Completed, while Shichika is, and he was stated to have copied her stuff after their fight, so Shichika is literally her but better sans Akuto Bita.

Because that range comes from Luffy extending his body, which means that Shichika doesn't even have to close the gap to instantly kill Luffy.
You realize Luffy’s attack would be around 5x faster than Shichika right? as for the fight I was talking about the one where nanami precogs the entire fight

Luffy has no reason to instantly amp himself, at best he'd want to air on the side of caution when his Haki isn't working. The fight where Nanami states she can precog the entire thing was before she even left the initial island, and she said it to a bunch of Maniwa ninjas who she w

Luffy has no reason to instantly amp himself, at best he'd want to air on the side of caution when his Haki isn't working. The fight where Nanami states she can precog the entire thing was before she even left the initial island, and she said it to a bunch of Maniwa ninjas who she w
uhh no If Gear fourth is restricted his first move is always gear second so He does have a reason to amp

I can give a concrete example of how Shichika's foresight is very similar to basic Observation Haki. I remember when Shichika had a lot of trouble fighting a really strong little girl because she was not trained in martial arts. In the same way, when Luffy (who didn't know Haki at the time) fought Enel (who did) he gained the upper hand by showering Enel with unintended blows - because Enel couldn't read the intention to hurt him (as there wasn't any) he got hit by the attack. Shichika's foresight has the same weakness as basic Observation Haki. Luffy's haki is on par with the top-tier of Observation Haki as he can literally see the future (sometimes)

Even then, amping takes a moment iirc and Shichika is still more durable than Luffy by a good margin, so that speed advantage won't help massively.

Roy, Shichika having issues with an untrained combatant is an explicit weakness of his powers, not an anti-feat for his powers. The moment said child was possessed by Kyouken, he completely memed on her due to being able to predict her now. And even then, that weakness almost definitely does not apply anymore.

He has never done that exact motion but he more than has the means to, whether by simply transmitting the force directly to Luffy's heart or doing what he did in the finale and making someone's heart explode with the air that came off his fist.
And there you have it. Speculation.

I believe you mean the armor guy but the blow was specifically to his torso - at super close range. To take that and say he can blow up Luffy's heart from hundreds of meters away is a massive reach

Even then, amping takes a moment iirc and Shichika is still more durable than Luffy by a good margin, so that speed advantage won't help massively.

Roy, Shichika having issues with an untrained combatant is an explicit weakness of his powers, not an anti-feat for his powers. The moment said child was possessed by Kyouken, he completely memed on her due to being able to predict her now. And even then, that weakness almost definitely does not apply anymore.
It's a fundamental defect of how his precog worked. The moment that child got possessed, his precog became active once again because she was using techniques intended for killing

durability neg with red hawk. He uses Gear third to then finish off a weakened Shichika Then gg.

It's not speculation. It's saying he can do things that he has either demonstrated outright or done more impressive things than.

No, the lady with the thousand swords in the finale. And why the **** would they start so far away? That only happens if starting further causes someone to instantly get ****** by passive abilities, which isn't the case here.

@RoyGundam

... ok. What exactly do you disprove about my argument? Konayuki isn't an anti-feat for Kyotoryu, she's the definition of what it is weak against combo'd with a weapon that is especially unpredictable and a huge AP advantage.

He has done more impressive things. Shichika literally punched a wall on the other side of a room from Togame and broke a mirror she was holding with the vibration control technique, which I'd argue is way more impressive than just funneling the force directly into someone's heart when you've already hit them.

And what the **** are you even on about. I'm pretty sure the animations shows her never getting hit and she has the exact same wound as Meisei, who died to the heart explosion technique without any outside wounds

@Stupits

what in the goddamn. How is Shichika doing things he has literally done in-canon NLF? Furthermore, Shichika has some very strong reactive power level, so even with dura neg it's unlikely that Luffy's follow-up attack will do anything.

Speed is Equalized and Gear second only takes a second to charge up after time skip. Luffy successfully amps with G2 Pressures Shichika then eventually uses Red Hawk and then G3 in case shichika isn’t dead yet or He just skips the pressure part and uses Red hawk immediately

... ok. What exactly do you disprove about my argument? Konayuki isn't an anti-feat for Kyotoryu, she's the definition of what it is weak against combo'd with a weapon that is especially unpredictable and a huge AP advantage.
Yes and Shichika gets his precog from knowledge of Kyotoryu - i.e. his precog only predicts killing/harming intent i.e. exactly the same as basic Observation Haki

He has done more impressive things. Shichika literally punched a wall on the other side of a room from Togame and broke a mirror she was holding with the vibration control technique, which I'd argue is way more impressive than just funneling the force directly into someone's heart when you've already hit them.
It really isn't though. It's not the same thing, it's not the even close to the range and what he broke didn't have nearly the same durability of Luffy. Not to mention Luffy would be explicitly pummeling away at him faster than he can react

And what the **** are you even on about. I'm pretty sure the animations shows her never getting hit and she has the exact same wound as Meisei, who died to the heart explosion technique without any outside wounds
Final episode lady had a literal hole ripped through her chest, if that is your definition of "without any outside wounds" I'd say get your eyes checked

>what in the goddamn. How is Shichika doing things he has literally done in-canon NLF? Furthermore, Shichika has some very strong reactive power level, so even with dura neg it's unlikely that Luffy's follow-up attack will do anything.

Roy literally stated that he never exploded hearts from A body part many meters away from the heart and also Reactive power level isnt instant while luffy arguably blitzes so Reactive power level doesn’t matter much

... Alright, the range advantage is completely null because Luffy needs to extend his body into melee. Skill means that, even with Luffy's methods of neutralizing this, he's still going to be behind. Also, heart explosions. I... fail to see how Luffy wins this, ever?

Roy already said it multiple times Shichika’s precog is only on the same level as basic CoO while Luffy’s precog at this level is far beyond that

... Alright, the range advantage is completely null because Luffy needs to extend his body into melee. Skill means that, even with Luffy's methods of neutralizing this, he's still going to be behind. Also, heart explosions. I... fail to see how Luffy wins this, ever?
Range advantage still counts since luffy only needs to hit red hawk then use G3 as a finisher. The heart explosion has to be done near the torso. And Skill gap isn’t as big as you think it is.

No it doesn't. Kyotortyu predicts based off of what someone can do with a weapon, or themselves should they use martial arts. The practitioners can literally do some Pailingual-type shit and have their opponent's weapons tell them what they're about to do. The weakness is explicitely against untrained people who don't know what they're doing.

It kinda is though? Traveling through a medium that doesn't really tolerate force, through a human body, and then through a metal mirror without being dissipated is a helluva lot harder than just traveling through a human body. And not even close to what range exactly? The two start at melee range because neither has some sort of instant-win passive. Furthermore, that speed isn't a huge help against a massive skill and precog advantage doubled with them being weaker than Shichika.

No she didn't. This is just completely false.

@Stupits

And Roy is also just wrong. Like, he just is, and I've proven it multiple times. Firstly, that speed advantage is far from utterly overwhelming when the individual attacks don't do much damage, and the reactive power level is both fast and able to take him from taking deep hits from kunai, thrown by another 9-B btw in case you try to focus on this, to them not even itching him anymore

The world "burn" is not even on Luffy's page, so idfk where that's from

Shichika has never tapped someone's arm and made their heart explode hundreds of meters away

Again Shichika’s precog is in no way better than several seconds into the future from how you depict it. Also its literally there In his Ap and abilities list

Again Shichika’s precog is in no way better than several seconds into the future from how you depict it. Also its literally there In his Ap and abilities list
I went to the source code for Luffy's page and ctrl+f'd "burn"

0 results

Anyways, it just demonstrably is because he vastly upscales from someone who can instantly precog an entire fight from the very start, which is definitely more than several seconds.

Its never stated where they start in the rules
I'm about 100% sure it's either outright stated or heavily implied, because you're meant to start outside of an instant death area around the other character's passives, but if there are none they'd just start right next to each other.

I'm about 100% sure it's either outright stated or heavily implied, because you're meant to start outside of an instant death area around the other character's passives, but if there are none they'd just start right next to each other.
instant death area? where did you even get that from? They fight in a Fully sealed of central park with no lifeforms but that doesn’t make it a death zone

No it doesn't. Kyotortyu predicts based off of what someone can do with a weapon, or themselves should they use martial arts. The practitioners can literally do some Pailingual-type shit and have their opponent's weapons tell them what they're about to do. The weakness is explicitely against untrained people who don't know what they're doing.
You're just rephrasing the same argument and claiming it's different. It's basically reading intentions and techniques at the end of the day i.e. basic CoO
It kinda is though? Traveling through a medium that doesn't really tolerate force, through a human body, and then through a metal mirror without being dissipated is a helluva lot harder than just traveling through a human body. And not even close to what range exactly? The two start at melee range because neither has some sort of instant-win passive. Furthermore, that speed isn't a huge help against a massive skill and precog advantage doubled with them being weaker than Shichika.
It really isn't because it's also a one-off thing that he's never actually used in a fight. Shichika always goes absolutely up-close and personal and lands his hits to the vital organs directly
No she didn't. This is just completely false.
Look up the actual fight on YouTube
And Roy is also just wrong. Like, he just is, and I've proven it multiple times.
Umm ... no ?
what the **** do you mean hundreds of meters away
Luffy sees he's about to get wrecked and jumps back - one of the advantages of having actual futuresight

Nice not reading my comment at all Stupits

What I mean is that someone doesn't start inside of the other character's passive ability range, meaning they aren't instantly ****** unless said ability's range is more than 4 km

I went to the source code for Luffy's page and ctrl+f'd "burn"

0 results

Anyways, it just demonstrably is because he vastly upscales from someone who can instantly precog an entire fight from the very start, which is definitely more than several seconds.
check the profile instead of using shortcuts its not that hard

Nice not reading my comment at all Stupits

What I mean is that someone doesn't start inside of the other character's passive ability range, meaning they aren't instantly ****** unless said ability's range is more than 4 km
you never said anything about a passive ability range. And what does this have to do with anything?

"Luffy ignores durability to an extent with Red-Hawk via burning opponents from the inside and Goken via inserting his Haki within targets to weaken and destroy them from the inside." there I copy pasted that from Luffy's profile. Luffy doesnt have Goken in this key so dont mind it. Also tags only work for admins

Last edited:
being able to remain undetected while standing directly in front of some and assassinate any normal warrior without using their arms or legs. Kyouken has the combined combat skill of 2000 of these ninjas, who were likely well above average, and Shichika proceeds to casually precog her every move and expel her from the body she's in.

Observation Haki isn't anywhere near as good as Shichika's precog, as seen above. Not only that, but Shichika is incomparably superior to his BoS state where he could see through an entire fighting style after witnessing one attack.
Stealth Mastery, not skill feat.

Good, but unquantifiable.

Hahaha. Can you prove the future sight on Shichika's part?

Red Hawk produces an explosion in the inside, basically fire going through the body. Same thing with Advanced Armament Haki, where Luffy puts his Haki inside the body to damage it inside-out.

Luffy still possess the blitz worthy speed advantage in G2 to dodge everything Shichika throws at him.

Back