• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Shichika Yasuri vs luffy (7-A tournament)

Shichika skill stomps and nopes G2 since he can react to stuff that moves massivelly faster than himself thank to his skill

Still voting with Luffy, precog should cancel each other out. Or even be in Luffy’s favor of anything.
Skill can’t really negate a large-nigh blitz worthy speed gap, that would just be a speed feat.

No, Luffy's precog is shit when compared to one that is immensly superior to one that can see an entire fight
also, Shichika dodged a lightspeed attack thanks to his skill, so no G2 is ****** useless, especially since it isn't an instant amp so Shichika can kill him before he can use it

also, just to make you people realize the skill gap, Shichika as the Perfect Sword is immesurably above his sister, who can master a skill by seeing it twice so much that not even countless generations of people evolution would be able to match it, so he absolutelly skill stomps Luffy

@RoyGundam

No I am not. You just really want me to so you can wank Observation Haki. What difference does it make anyways.

Ok no it's exceedingly clearl you've never actually watched the anime. The vibration control technique was literally the first thing he tried against Kanara.

I literally have the image on my screen, and have no idea what you are looking at.

Yeah, you are. I've explained how Shichika outskills to an absurd multiple times and how Luffy's advantages either don't help or actively hinder him.

Foresight that won't work thanks to Shichika's own, yeah.

@Stupits

If it isn't in the source code, it's not on the page, but idfk what's up with that because I did manually read a bit of the page just in case and never saw that. Regardless, that's not going to instantly kill Shichika, since he's fought through worse internal damage.

@The_Calaca

No, it is a skill feat. The Maniwa are ******* ninja's for gods sake, the only supernatural things they have are occasional Deviant Blades and Ninpou.

What? That is extremely quantifiable. It's 2000x better than some hilariously capable assassins.

I have multiple times. Just scroll up.

Again, Red Hawk is not an instant kill here because Shichika has dealt with far worse internal damage.

Ok for one, not only does this advantage barely matter due to Shichika's own precog, but Luffy is significantly weaker than Shichika not even counting the extremely fast reactive evo. And on top of that, Shichika has multiple amps of his own. Additionally, Shichika has multiple feats of dodging attacks faster than him, such as Emonzaemon's bullets or Shikizaki Kiki-possessed Hoo's attacks.

Simply put, literally none of the reasons for Luffy winning are even remotely valid because they rely on blatant misinterpretations of Shichika's abilities, downplaying Shichika, or, most commonly, wanking the **** outta Luffy. Luffy is just objectively far less skilled. There is no way to argue against that gvien Shichika's feats, and simply saying that they aren't skill is only proof of dishonesty on your part.

also his invulnerability + regen + reactive evolution means that Luffy won't even be able to harm him effectivelly
... wait the invulnerability is still on his page?

That's ******* hysterical. It really just shows the spirit with which that downgrade was made and subsequently forced through by ignorant staff.

That isn’t how skill works. Skill alone doesn’t make you able to react to things you otherwise wouldn’t unless it was just aim dodging, that is PIS or a speed feat, plain and simple. He should have that speed on his profile unless it is an outlier (it probably is.)

I don’t get how both precognitions would interact. They would constantly be changing in response to each other’s visions, how would the fight end up with that?

I don’t see any invuln on the page, I don’t actually care about the page too much but if a scan for that would be fine (profiles are overated anyway considering how often they change and who decides it.)

5x is not "faster than you can react". It just isn't, and that's not even the level of speed we consider a blitz. The Uneri feat was most likely aim-dodging yes, but there's still the fact that Shichika countered the attack rather than like, getting out of range or moving away., which would be normal aim-dodging. It's also not really an outlier in any way.

I imagine that at worst the foresights would kinda cancel out, and Shichika's normal prediction would let him deal with what's left.

5x is still massively faster. Even if it ain’t a blitz it is very close.
So either it’s aim dodging which is nice but makes the speed of the projectiles less important than reacting to the person firing. He doesn’t have that luxury here since the person themselves is massively faster. The fact that he countered it does suggest that it’s more of a speed feat anyway, which doesn’t matter since speed is equal.
Wouldn’t his prediction get thrown off by both Luffy’s speed, physiology, and techniques that I doubt Yasuri has ever seen anything like considering that they come from his rubber body. Skill alone won’t let you predict that someone is literally made of rubber especially when they are 5 times faster.

Honestly the way I like to judge these matches is by asking the simple question: "Do they have hax?" If so, FRA in the opposite direction of the OP character.

But seriously what is Luffy's wincon here, it just sounds like he eventually gets heart explod either way.

I mean yeah, but Shichika himself has multiple amps that he's rather liberal with at this stage.

It's aim-dodging yeah, but there's still the fact that he had absolutely no room for error on account of the speed and sharpness of the sword, which would've instantly killed him. It's also not a speed feat, given that even Shichika later on admits that he never surpassed Uneri's draw speed.

Initially definitely, but Luffy is so blatant with that that it won't take long to make a counter at all, considering the absurd speed of his info analysis. Skill alone can very much do that, especially when every attack that's important here from Luffy is a straight punch that looks absurdly predictable, not even just to fiction's skill bullshit.

No, Luffy's precog is shit when compared to one that is immensly superior to one that can see an entire fight
also, Shichika dodged a lightspeed attack thanks to his skill, so no G2 is ****** useless, especially since it isn't an instant amp so Shichika can kill him before he can use it

also, just to make you people realize the skill gap, Shichika as the Perfect Sword is immesurably above his sister, who can master a skill by seeing it twice so much that not even countless generations of people evolution would be able to match it, so he absolutelly skill stomps Luffy
Someone send a link for this fight.

Are you actually blind? It is literally in his ap description also Luffy doesn’t have Goken in this key. Also say what you will but Shichika definitely doesn’t skill stomp luffy

5x is not "faster than you can react". It just isn't, and that's not even the level of speed we consider a blitz. The Uneri feat was most likely aim-dodging yes, but there's still the fact that Shichika countered the attack rather than like, getting out of range or moving away., which would be normal aim-dodging. It's also not really an outlier in any way.

I imagine that at worst the foresights would kinda cancel out, and Shichika's normal prediction would let him deal with what's left.
speed amp when speed is equalized aren’t allowed to blitz but you can’t deny that G2 gives Luffy a big advantage

Are you actually blind? It is literally in his ap description also Luffy doesn’t have Goken in this key. Also say what you will but Shichika definitely doesn’t skill stomp luffy
i litterally have no idea what you are talking about, your argument is nosensical

Also, no, the Low-Mid regen very much matters, as all of Luffy's hits that don't destroy the swordman's brain will just be healed off

i litterally have no idea what you are talking abut, your argument is nosensical

Also, no, the Low-Mid regen very much matters, as all of Luffy's hits that don't destroy the swordman's brain will just be healed off
he takes a couple of minutes to regen. So while he is in the process of regen luffy just punches his brain then gg. Also I was talking about how Hl3 can’t see the description for red hawk when uts literally all over Luffy’s profile

I literally have the image on my screen, and have no idea what you are looking at.
How blatantly are you gonna lie bro ?
Here's a video of Shichika vs Shogun retainers. Pause it at 37/38 secs mark to see the clear hole in her chest

Far as I am concerned you are just making nlf arguments like Shichika can burst hearts at a large distance - something he's never done

Also since the Uneri fight is being brought up - Shichika won it by exploiting the fact that Uneri never actually learned how to handle a 3-D technique. It's a very explicit weakness in Uneri's style that Shichika exploited to beat him. He didn't win by reacting to an attack that was too fast for him - he changed the situation such that the attack became basically useless

No I am not. You just really want me to so you can wank Observation Haki. What difference does it make anyways.
Oh but you very clearly are. You just won't admit to it

And it doesn't make a difference. At the end of the day Luffy can actually see the future. Something Shichika very explicitly cannot do

How blatantly are you gonna lie bro ?
Here's a video of Shichika vs Shogun retainers. Pause it at 37/38 secs mark to see the clear hole in her chest

Far as I am concerned you are just making nlf arguments like Shichika can burst hearts at a large distance - something he's never done

Also since the Uneri fight is being brought up - Shichika won it by exploiting the fact that Uneri never actually learned how to handle a 3-D technique. It's a very explicit weakness in Uneri's style that Shichika exploited to beat him. He didn't win by reacting to an attack that was too fast for him - he changed the situation such that the attack became basically useless

Oh but you very clearly are. You just won't admit to it

And it doesn't make a difference. At the end of the day Luffy can actually see the future. Something Shichika very explicitly cannot do
Yeah I also see the hole.

Also for those saying that Luffy goes close when fighting He can just use Gear third which doesnt make him have to fight up close

Not to mention the fact that Shichika only has Limited Reactive Evolution which isnt broken enough to the fact that it nullifies any damage dealt to him

Last edited:
Back