• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Shedinja and Ninjask

ArbitraryNumbers

VS Battles
Retired
Shedinja and Ninjask are both part of the same evolution family. Why do they have separate profiles? I'm pretty sure a diverging evolution isn't enough reason to separate them; they're both still tied with Nincada, just like any other evolution family.

Their abilities are pretty darn different though.

I don't think there is any harm in having them separate, as it reduces clutter. Though our rules regarding Evolution and Profiles are shaky (We currently have profiles with only the highest evolution, two pages for just Pikachu)

Cuz Shedinja is the shell Ninjask leaves. They are two different entities.

That's just my opinion. If they're part of the same family, they should be on the same page. That way viewers won't have to go to an entirely separate page to get the info.

I don't know about the Eeveelutions, though. There's quite a few of them.

Also Froslass

I'm generally not a fan of merging profiles to this extent. It just makes it feel like we're treating a whole Pokémon as "just another form" of another. It's fine for stuff like Porygons or starters, but for branched evolutions...

PaChi2 said:
Cuz Shedinja is the shell Ninjask leaves. They are two different entities.
Again, why is that enough reason to separate them entirely?

They're part of the same evolution family, and they both come directly from Nincada. Shedinja is just the shedded skin of a Nincada; it's a part of Nincada.

Gallantmon already has a ton of different keys, so of course we would separate them to prevent a cluttered profile; that's the case with a vast majority of the Digimon profiles. Eeveelutions I can understand, but In this case it would literally just be three different keys; one for Nincada, one for Ninjask, and one for Shedinja. That isn't cluttered at all.

Plus, like I said, Shedinja is literally a physical part of Nincada that was exfoliated and became sentient. I don't see why we shouldn't merge these profiles; it should only be an issue if each Pokemon has tons of different forms and evolutions like Digimon does, which in this case isn't true; most Pokemon have 3 different evolution stages max.

However, that is just my opinion. I don't see how cluttering is going to be an issue in this case at all.

I think the more profiles that are separate the better. We have access to hyperlinks so other forms are just one click away. If users are too lazy to click, they don't really deserve information in the first place. If it reduces clutter and makes a profile look nicer, that is even better.

My opinion is probably too extreme though as it would be more work to create profiles for each of the 800ish pokemon there are. But that would be the cleanest way to do things. But combining profiles that are already separate and clean seems like a definite step in the wrong direction.

I don't see how cluttering is going to be an issue here at all.

Like I said, all it is is just adding two extra keys.

Back