• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Sharkboy and Lavagirl Discussion

I feel like Max deserves one... Because in all honestly it is one of the less popular movies . So, why not ? This will also serve as a place where i may post the "scans" to massively upgrade Max . There was a REALLY high-end, like ridiculous high-end upgrade for Max in the comics { which was a continuation of the movie, hence it would canonically upgrade him } , I just need to get myself a copy. . It had something to do with a "fodder" [ supposedly even Linus could've defeated him, and he is far weaker than Max in-canon ] in the comics imagined the concept of Metaphysics and " Everything that is , was , or ever will be conceptualized " ... Max would obviously be far superior to him/her ... But even IF i find the feat in question { I hope they didn't exaggerate it } ... i have absolutely NO idea what tier to put it at .

Also, some notable quotes :

(This quote is Before Maxbecame Daydreamer, so it doesn't affect his current rating ) : " If I could just get my dream journal, I could turn everything back to the way it was." This quote implies the one who has the Dream Journal, affectively has absolute control over the entire Dream World .Linus/"Minus" also sees Max as a threat, even when having the Dream Journal in question : " Fool! He's the Daydreamer. And the moment he realizes it will be the moment of our doom! " . Would this imply he is far above the Dream Journal, which in turn has absolute control over the entire Dream World ?

So, Daydreamer Max >>>>>> Dream Journal, which has absolute control over the Dream Dimension [ AKA : " At least 4-A, possibly Low 2-C "

Also, Linus has eough control over the Dream World to control Max's Dreams : " You can rule Earth's lava world. " . Also, wouldn't this mean she has complete control over earth's core, which is a tier 6-5 thing ?

Where does her powers come from yuo may ask yourself ? Earth's Core. " Once I figure out how to freeze this planet's core, all of your powers will disappear " . Some people said he "Just" dreamed up Planet Drool. I don't think so.Witht his quote : " He [Sharkboy] had been traveling the universe in search of his father " . He wrote this in his Dream Journal, so obviously he dreamed it up, thusly dreaming the Universe on a techicality . " Everything that is or ever was began with a dream " , and " Those dreams become reality in the Dream World " .

Also on a "Fun" note, he made Sharkboy and Lavagirl a living walking NLF with his dream : " You're Sharkboy and Lavagirl. You can do anything.." ... I am CLEARLY joking here .

IF I find the comic about him being ridiculously stronger than someone who dreamed up the concept of " Metaphysics " and " Everything that is , was , or ever will be " . Both are supported by the movie " Everything that ever was started with a dream " , so the feat wouldn't be out of place. The problem honestly is determining it's tier. I'd say tier 2 - tier 1 due to vagueness .

Lavagirl has the full power of the Earth's Core , Sharkboy is stronger than any living creature in the sea. I'm pretty sure that's tier 8 .

Hmm okay I'm going to wait until you find the comic.

But from what I'm hearing they probably won't get past a solid "Low 2-C"

I mean "Metaphysics" is really really vague. It can mean anything according to varying series or verses.

If we just use the Dream Journal, he could be just outright Low 2-C / At least Low 2-C ( Unlikely the latter... ) . As I quoted before, the Dream Journal dreamed up the Universe with Space-Time. Despite having it under his control plus his own powers, Linus thought Max would basically stomp him if he became a Daydreamer ( he turned out to be right ) .

Yeah the feat is vague as all get go.. I wish I had access to it to verify.. But I don't at the moment. I will eventually.

I don't remember much about the movie really.

If the movie really is a dream then I don't know if it would count.

Didn't the dream world actually pop out in the real world?

If even THAT was a dream, pretty sure we'd go full SAO/Metafiction route and have a key for his "dream self" anyway.

Ehh... Not 100% sure of that particular fact . His imagination kinda became real Eos due to him being the Daydreamer. His while fight with Mister Electric & the parents being able to use their dreaming abilities to summon Sharkboy and Lavagirl , and even the girl using the timestop at the end basically solidified . It's sort of hard to prove though .. So I'll leave it at that

Having a "dream world" key for max would not be such a bad idea. A solid "Low 2-C" or "At least Low 2-C" could work

Wouldn't be a bad idea honestly ... But since his Daydreaming abilities [ Still having the timestopping necklace ] leaked out into the real world... Wouldn't he have similar level of powers ?

Sorry to bump this but

Would Mr electric scale to all those thunderstorms he created, if someone would calc plz

@Jinx He definitely would. One of the storms was covering all of Planet Drool at one point... And Sharkboy and Lavagirl would scale to him, since well... They fight on-par with him throughout the entire movie.

Also... I believe that a flat-out Low 2-C key would work. Real-Life Universe = Dream World, they are the exact same due to what @KarmodF showed. Considering Linus stated he was a threat to him, and Linus had control over the entire Dream World, which is equal in size to the Real-World, and it's stated to be a Universe and the Dream World is shown to have Space-Time . Max pretty much fodderized Linus and had complete control over that entire fight... It wasn't even fair. I would consider him the strongest in the movie... So any feat performed should scale to Max.

Well they don't exactly fight on par with him, he usually uses his plug things to attack, as well as being immune to all of their attacks.

The only person i see scaling to him directly are : Linus [ Dream World, he isn't a Daydreamer. ] , Daydreamer/Dreamer Max and Marissa. The later oneshotted him.

Pfft

I love these joke movies and how they're somehow really strong. Someone should calc Sharkboys running feat

Actually, the Dream World and Real World are connected, but regarded as separate:

" If you wanna stop the darkness from destroying our worlds, come with us " . Also, the Darkness supposedly had the power to destroy both Universes [ Dream and Real ] , albeit it was slow in the effort ... Kind of like Kid Buu gradually destroying the Galaxy, except replace that with Two Universes w/ different Space-Times . Planet Drool was first targeted , then everything else apparently .

Mr.Electric was the one who made the Darkness . Heres a reference referring to Mr.Electric doing it :" He's supposed to provide light to the planet, but all he brings now is darkness." . A better confirmation he is directly controlling the Darkness "Plugs, redirect the darkness. And... bring me the Plughounds!" . Considering Linus [ Minus in the Dream World ] is the Master of Mr.Electric, even without the Dream Journal, tells me Base Minus is superior to Mr.Electric.

Would the Darkness be considered Possibly 2-C due to being able to affect the Real World and Dream World [ both which are Universes w/ their own Space-Time ] ? It would scale to the important Dreamers " Max [ Easily above Dreaming Linus normally, a threat to Dreaming Linus even while he was holding the Dream Journal, which controls all facets of the Dream World, and created Mr.Electric, who scales directly to the Darkness ] , Dreaming Linus [ Far above Mr.Electric and the Darkness, effortlessly reversed the Darkness at the end of the Movie ] , Marissa [ Oneshotted Mr.Electric ] " as well as Mr.Electric for specifically creating it .

They refer to it as HIS dream World, meaning yeah he definitely created it , not JUST Planet Drool. I've seen people downgrade him to 5-B... NO. : " Max thought his dream world would be a happy place. We've all been duped. " .

We also know Linus has some control AFTER he lost the Dream Journal : " Everything will return to being the way it was. You will be able to travel to Earth and back again as you wish. You can search for your father. You can rule Earth's lava world. " . And the following happened not too long afterward.

Alright, well, I think you managed to be able to tier Max fairly well, but how about now we focus on the two characters the movie is based on, Sharkboy and Lavagirl. Since I'm not sure how to handle Lavagirl's inconsistent power levels throughout the movie right now, let's start with Sharkboy.

Some of the feats Sharkboy has managed (not including this comic that is apparently a thing) includes:

-Surviving an onslaught of electric eels, despite Linus mentioning that it is one of his weaknesses.

-Biting and punching through iron(?) bars after being triggered into a shark frenzy.

-Running a vast distance across the planet Drool, including spiraling up an active volcano within seconds, while holding Lavagirl.

-Summoned a fleet of sharks to attack Mr. Electric.

-Extreme lullaby singing. (Though, that doesn't help much in battle.)

(W.I.P. In case there are other feats he's performed that I'm not thinking of at the moment.)

So, considering all these stats, I'm willing to put him at either Tier 8-C or 8-B. Though, please correct me if I'm wrong or missed something about him that would boost it.

We kinda can scale them to the Darkness, but they can't stop it via hax or anything [ Wouldn't need Max otherwise ] :

- The Plugs are the ones redirecting the Darkness. Yep, the same Plugs we see fighting Sharkboy and Lavagirl at the beginning of the story. Max also does well against them ( knocking 3 out ) but looses due to durability issues.

- We then see them take on the Plughounds, who are far superior to the regular Plugs . Sharkboy takes on multiple of them, but gets cocky and fails. Remember Electricity is his weakness, so Sharkboy doing well is impressive enough. Lavagirl scales here too. She was the only one of the two who harmed Mr.Electric, as well as defeating multiple Plugs . Also a statement stating Max was far stronger than both of them combined.

- Both Sharkboy and Lavagirl both do horribly against Mr.Electric, he soloed them each.

- Max curbstomped Minus .Minus stopped the Darkness' assault with a wave of his hand, without the Journal in his possession , Which gave him a massive amp .Minus , with the Journal, was terrified of a confrontation between him and Max, implying Max was still stronger.

- Max gave them their amps at the end of their movie.

- Marissa oneshotted Mr.Electric effortlessly.

I hope that was clear enough.

Back