• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Shanks Vs Izuku Midoriya (0-0-0)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arcker123

He/Him
Red Hair Vs Green Hair
  • Speed =
  • 6-B Versions​
  • SBA Otherwise​
Shanks:Midoriya:Incon:
Shanks - ONE PIECE - Zerochan Anime Image Board
Nick Valdez on X: #MHASpoilers #MHA343 - - - - - Deku's new hero look for  the Final Act's big war seems to be a darker version of his costume from  before,

Shanks wifi haki's Izuku and the kiddo goes down.
I don't think Izuku has anything that would force Shanks into instant Divine Departure so at least he lives.

I love how people are using the only part of Shanks's kit that is unlikely to work (Hao blast, the one that only makes people faint) as the only named wincon....Shanks should win very handily unless there's some nonsense I'm not aware of but yeah...I just thought it was funny

a stomp in shanks' favor why do you keep matching mha characters to verses they cannot beat come on people

Shanks is
-More experienced
-Stronger (albeit not by that much)
-Has way more stamina via scaling
-His future sight is prolly better than Danger Sense
-Can NEGATE Danger sense altogether
-Advanced Conqueror’s is a really big stat amp

Izuku seems more versatile, more intelligent, and maybe more skilled and he has his own stat amps but, I’d still give it to Shanks.

What does Shanks do against Gear Shift to steal his velocity and Fa Jin that can stack Deku's attacks on top of one another until he one-shot?

I don't even know Shanks all that well and I dislike discussing skills so I can't really comment on that. But Haki is vastly superior to Danger Sense as it's actually Future Sight at this level. Also, Shanks own stat amp lets him one shot people who are stronger than Izuku like Kidd.

Izuku is not more versatile, since his only method of attack is punching/kicking and punching/kicking even harder/faster. Blackwhip can't be used to restrain since both of the values they scale to are basically them same. And both upscale from it by a large amount. Though from the bit I know it can be argued that Shanks has the advantage.

Smokescreen with worthless, to no one's surprise.

Izuku's real advantages would be his Gear Shift speed amp, with his Second Gear being capable of perception blitzing people on par with him, and can increase his speed even more. Along with Fa Jin letting him amp his strength up to at most 5x than what he scales to, which puts it at 41.8 Teratons of TNT.

However, Fa Jin is just an attack he has to charge up and isn't some kind of transform state, it'd only be for a punch/kick. It does also amp his speed even further.

I don't know Shanks enough to say if that can actually help in this battle.

Phoenks

While Izuku has been shown to lower his own speed to stop himself, he's not been shown to use it on another person. If he can it's not an in character move for him.

Btw Shanks is not gonna **** around, the second he sees into the future Deku could maybe get an advantage, he will go for the one-shot immediately

Izuku also doesn't start with Gear Shift, due to the drawbacks after he's done using it.

In a straight fight I don't see Izuku having any chance at victory. I don't know how willing Shanks is willing to use his Haoshoku Haki, but I imagine with him having Future Sense he will use it if for some reason he thinks he's in danger. So I don't see Izuku standing any chance in this fight even if could pull some kind of advantage.

Any option he could use is counter by Shanks' Haki abilities.

Maybe, just maybe the only realistic shot Deku could have would be if you give him prior knowledge of Shanks’ abilities like future sight at the very start of the match so he’d open with his gearshift overdrive and try to finish the fight right as it begins.

Maybe, just maybe the only realistic shot Deku could have would be if you give him prior knowledge of Shanks’ abilities like future sight at the very start of the match so he’d open with his gearshift overdrive and try to finish the fight right as it begins.
Wouldn't Shanks see that with his Future Vision and just stop him with his Haoshoku Haki?

I guess if they're starting at 4 km away, via SBA rules, he could use it. Also, let's say Izuku did use Gear Shift, does Shanks have anything that can fight it in some way?

Wouldn't Shanks see that with his Future Vision and just stop him with his Haoshoku Haki?

I guess if they're starting at 4 km away, via SBA rules, he could use it. Also, let's say Izuku did use Gear Shift, does Shanks have anything that can fight it in some way?
Outside of dropping Haoshoku/CoC, which he's done casually before so it's very IC, probably something along the lines of dropping Divine Departure and predicting where Deku's gonna go with future sight.

Yeah, I fail to see how this isn't a stomp. Shanks can predict where Deku's gonna go, and easily knock him out with Conqueror's. Even the standard starting distance can't save Deku because of Shanks' insane range with both his attacks and haki.

If Midoriya uses Gearshift+Fa Jin right at the start of the battle thanks to prior knowledge then even if Shanks did manage to see it he probably wouldn’t be able to react in time thanks to the insane speed blitz that quirk gives.

Shanks haki spread across multiple km by itself, as in the very edge of the haki, made a character who scales to the same feat as Shanks completely shit himself and run away, idk if the speedblitz will be enough.

If Midoriya uses Gearshift+Fa Jin right at the start of the battle thanks to prior knowledge then even if Shanks did manage to see it he probably wouldn’t be able to react in time thanks to the insane speed blitz that quirk gives.
He'll see the future, meaning he'll know Izuku is going to use Gear Shift before he can even try it. I don't see how Izuku can get off Gear Shift before Shanks sees the future and uses his Haki. Izuku also needs to enter a certain pose before activating Gear Shift, which gives Shanks more than enough time to do whatever he wants.

Izuku can't activate Gear Shift by thinking. Also, he can't use Fa Jin without charging it up with Kinetic Energy.

Yeah, I fail to see how this isn't a stomp. Shanks can predict where Deku's gonna go, and easily knock him out with Conqueror's. Even the standard starting distance can't save Deku because of Shanks' insane range with both his attacks and haki.
Deku also has Precog with danger sight.

Uh why would Hao knock him out? He has fear Manipulation resistances so what other power would be used.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back