• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Danny Phantom vs Izuku Midoriya (1-0-2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LordGriffin1000

Awakened after 1000 years
He/Him
VS Battles
Administrator
Deku beat Danny's non-canon version, let's see how he fairs against the real one.

Match Rules
  • Both in Character
  • Speed is Equalized
  • Season 1/8-A Danny VS Final War Arc/8-A Deku (Deku can use One for All)
  • Starting Distance: 100 Meters
  • Standard Battle Assumptions (Everything else)
Danny Phantom: 1 (CBslayeR,

Izuku Midoriya (Deku) (Final Act):

Inconclusive: 2 (LordGriffin1000, SuperStar,

Last edited:
Guess I'll write my thoughts like I usually do.

Danny's Advantages/Win Conditions

While initial Danny would be weaker when Deku uses One for All, his grow through reactive evolution and accelerated development would hard counter any buffs Deku uses (Fa Jin, Grearshift and rage amps included) and put him on this level normally. Adding in his own amps such as rage power and ectoplasmic energy amp on top of that will allow him to hold the power advantage. However, since his lifting strength hasn't been shown to reach the level of Deku's it will not reach that level.

Ghost Physiology means Danny can reform from whatever harm Deku causes him so long as he's in ghost form. Body Control and Intangibility can help counter against physical contact with the later allowing Danny to phase through Deku's larger ranged attacks without issue. Ecto Shields also block physical attacks and reflect their force back. While certainly outmatch in terms of hand to hand combat skill and hard pressed to get around Deku's analytical prediction and danger sense, it will only require a single hit from his ectoplasmic energy (be it a strike, beam or omnidirectional wave) to ignore Deku's durability on various levels (molecular, consciousness and spirit).

Danny's possession is also a valid win condition as it only requires contact so if Deku hits Danny or they clash, Danny's possession (if he's activated it) would immediately pull his body into Deku. Note that Danny's possession not only works on a molecular, mind and soul level, it's layered (above 3 to be exact) and it's shown that even while overshadowing inanimate objects, data and in the subconscious ghosts still can use all of there abilities and fight, so if the visages try to push Danny out he can still fight them with all of his powers and abilities which I don't think they have counters for.

Deku's Advantages/Win Conditions

While Danny can easily close the gap between the two (in terms of any AP or speed buffs), Deku still handedly has better fighting skill and overall better intelligence in that aspect. He doesn't possess an overconfident side like Danny and pays far more attention during his battles (especially compared to season 1 Danny). This, along with his analytical prediction and danger sense will allow him to handedly hold the edge in a close ranged physical conflict. I will also mention Deku will always hold the lifting strength advantage and could manhandle Danny if it came to a grapple match however, Danny has a counter to this so it's not a big advantage.

Since he can interact with beings made of pure energy, Deku should have no problem interacting with Danny's tangible body (just not when he goes full on intangible), and as mentioned above, he has various amps to help further amp himself which includes Fa Jin and Gearshift, the second of which would allow him to either slow Danny down (though that requires contact which is risky) or speed himself up, giving an advantage early on before Danny's rapid growth kicks in.

His resistance to heat and electricity would allow him to withstand Danny's heat beams and ghost stinger respectively (though they are pretty easy to avoid). Deku's Float and Air force along with his acrobatics are a counter to Danny's own flight and acrobatic capabilities. Though avoidable, Smokesceen can obscure Danny's vision (Unless he utilizes his X-ray vision that he only used once in the series). But Deku's most vaild win condition would be his superior stamina, as despite Danny being more than capable of remaining active for hours, it is not even close to Deku's (unless Danny ends up dying and turning into a full ghost which makes his stamina infinite). Using his skill and capabilities, Deku could potentially outlast Danny before the later lands a solid assault.

My Vote

I'd consider it inconclusive.

Both have their own set of advantages that keep them on a similar level of statistics (excluding lifting strength) and are both agile. Their range/aoe get countered through abilities and or dodging (Danny leaning more towards the former and Deku leaning towards the later).

Danny while less skilled and overconfident due to his age, has abilities that allow him to win the fight in a single hit or in possessions case, on contact. His overconfident side will also fade as the fight goes on and he'll take things more seriously.

While incapable of causing significant damage to Danny do to his ghost abilities, Deku's own abilities and skill would allow him to maintain a hold on the fight and learn Danny's capabilities and potentially outlast him due to his far superior stamina.

Note: These are just my thoughts on the match. I didn't tackle everything regarding both characters, just the things I thought were the main/supporting factors in the fight.

What do you mean by “can use one for all.”

If you’re saying “can use 8% in Final Act,” then he’s massively stronger than 5% which is higher than 712 tons, which means full power Fa Jin is over 3.56 kilotons and one shots.

Even base 8% would be trashing Danny considering the strength gap between 5% and 8% on top of how much stronger he is from the value.

Also Danny has no answer to Precog. And is wildly dumber, less tactical, less experienced and less versatile beyond his basic physiology.

If you’re saying Deku can amp to 6-B then he one shot kills and blitzes.

If Danny regens from everything than this fight is kinda stupid since Deku can’t beat people with Regen so he has no win con.

Danger Sense will sense Danny before he tries to possess Deku so he just dodges unless there’s some weird sensory negating factor.

If Deku uses Gearshift then the match can’t be added because he’s the slower character, unless Gearshift doesn’t make him win in which case nothing he has could help him anyway.

What do you mean by “can use one for all.”
I mean he starts in base and can use One for All, simply that
If you’re saying “can use 8% in Final Act,” then he’s massively stronger than 5% which is higher than 712 tons, which means full power Fa Jin is over 3.56 kilotons and one shots.
Reactive Evolution/Accelerated Development can counter, regeneration stops permanent one shots.
Even base 8% would be trashing Danny considering the strength gap between 5% and 8% on top of how much stronger he is from the value.
Same as above, reactive evolution can help stop the thrashing along with forcefields and intangibility.
Also Danny has no answer to Precog. And is wildly dumber, less tactical, less experienced and less versatile beyond his basic physiology.
Danny's reactive evolution allowed him to gain speed against characters faster than him so he'd eventually start gaining more speed then Deku (not by a massive factor though). And while less intelligent/tactical, his physiology alone makes Deku's options limited So there aren't to many tactics he could employ that would have a plastic effect.
If you’re saying Deku can amp to 6-B then he one shot kills and blitzes.
He's going to one shot kill a ghost... Ok. Anyway, same as before, Danny's reactive evolution would allow him to match up.
If Danny regens from everything than this fight is kinda stupid since Deku can’t beat people with Regen so he has no win con.
Read my comment regarding how Deku could win as I mentioned Deku can win by eventually outlasting him so the fight is valid, it's just not a simple punch match.

Danger Sense will sense Danny before he tries to possess Deku so he just dodges unless there’s some weird sensory negating factor.
As I mentioned, it's simple contact so let's say Deku is in mid attack and punches Danny, that moment could result in him getting caught on impact unless he stops himself but he'd not be getting much done at that point.

If Deku uses Gearshift then the match can’t be added because he’s the slower character, unless Gearshift doesn’t make him win in which case nothing he has could help him anyway.
Danny's speed can go up as well so a blitz isn't an issue.

If Danny AD’s from a one time one shot gap and can’t be KO’d from a one shot gap then the match is pretty pointless.
I already mentioned in my analysis why the match can happen, just because Deku can't put him down in one hit, doesn't make the fight pointless when I mentioned a perfectly valid alternative win method. You yourself and even I admitted Deku is the intellect/tactical one so he clearly wouldn't just punch randomly on someone like Danny once he sees him recovering but should notice Danny eventually get fatigued.

However, if more people think the match is pointless, I'll close this. I'm not one to go on long debates especially with what I'm currently going through irl so I'll just let others decide.

Can Deku even interact with Danny if he's a manifestation of real human emotions or does Danny not have that ability due to being a hybrid?

Can Deku even interact with Danny if he's a manifestation of real human emotions or does Danny not have that ability due to being a hybrid?
This thread is months old and outdated so it should be closed. As for your question, while he's in ghost form, Danny (like most ghosts) create a physical manifestation (body) to interact with stuff. The body is tangible but it's made entirely out of ectoplasm so Deku could naturally touch Danny's body but not cause him any pain, he wouldn't be able to do anything of relevance to Danny's true self either since it is an abstraction.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back