• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Shanks Vs Izuku Midoriya (0-0-0)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Deku also has Precog with danger sight.
His Precog is sensing harmful/dangerous intent before someone attacks, he doesn't see the future like Shanks does. Izuku just knows when someone is going to attack, but he doesn't know how they'll attack. He can guess based on his knowledge, but he doesn't know Shanks or what he can do.

Compared to Shanks it's very inferior, especially since it won't go off if someone doesn't have harmful intents when they attack.

Deku wouldn't even be able to use his Senses or Analytical Prediction due to Killer of Observation to begin with.

He'd basically just have the senses of a normal human at that point.

I'm not going to question Danger Sense, don't know Haki.

But how does it stop Analytical Prediction? It prevents Izuku from thinking and making guesses? Mind Manipulation of some kind?

I mean I agree it's worthless in this fight, Shanks stomps him before he can memorize his fighting style. But that sounds really weird.

Is it like Assassin from Fate/Stay Night, where you can't memorize his fighting style?

I'm not going to question Danger Sense, don't know Haki.

But how does it stop Analytical Prediction? It prevents Izuku from thinking and making guesses? Mind Manipulation of some kind?
Analytical Prediction should still be fine, but he won't have the heads up from Danger Sense about some of the moves Shanks is going to make.

don't see how Izuku can get off Gear Shift before Shanks sees the future and uses his Haki.
I think there’s a bit of a misunderstanding here, I’m saying Izuku

Shanks can see into the future, but he still needs to first process that information (shown when he has his eyes closed while witnessing the damage Eustass was about to do), let alone respond and act accordingly to that information.

If he can’t react to what he sees because his opponent is too fast then it won’t matter (see instance of Luffy saying “damn I couldn’t dodge what he did even though I saw it happen in the future” in reference to Kaido as an example of what I’m referring to).

Obs Haki is a reaction speed Amp and a precog ability, shanks Haki spreads across around him instantly...

Before deku even does anything, he already knows what he's going to do in the future... He's reaction speed will process that info basically instantly as well

it doesn't matter how fast one is if you have an invisible aoe ability that one taps

If Midoriya uses Gearshift+Fa Jin right at the start of the battle thanks to prior knowledge then even if Shanks did manage to see it he probably wouldn’t be able to react in time thanks to the insane speed blitz that quirk gives.
you all fail to realize that won't help as shanks already sees what is going to happen deku litterally cant do anything lol he'll end up like how kidd was in the manga XD. Before deku realized what happened he'll be 6 feet under.

Obs Haki is a reaction speed Amp and a precog ability, shanks Haki spreads across around him instantly...

Before deku even does anything, he already knows what he's going to do in the future... He's reaction speed will process that info basically instantly as well

it doesn't matter how fast one is if you have an invisible aoe ability that one taps
thank you someone who actually watches one piece

you all fail to realize that won't help as shanks already sees what is going to happen deku litterally cant do anything lol he'll end up like how kidd was in the manga XD. Before deku realized what happened he'll be 6 feet under.
You’re not getting my point. You’re just reiterating what future sight does.

Having future sight doesn’t make you unstoppable, if someone’s too fast for you to react then even if you can see into the future, you’re still gonna get hit with the attack.

This literally happened in Luffy vs Kaido.

Shanks can win via conq Haki sure but I’m just bringing in the point that future sight isn’t an instant game over in the fight with prior knowledge.

Your comparisons are wrong, yes it's true that if your body isn't fast enough... No matter how fast you're reaction speed is or how much you see/know the future, you'll get tagged at some point... Especially close range when they can fully blitz your movement speed

Whenever there's 2 users who both can use amped reaction speed and precog, it gets quite tricky as they can negate some aspects of your ability by either looking at the future more or spamming it faster/better than the other

So even if luffy saw kaido was going to move and attack, kaido could also already see luffy dodging that in the future, giving luffy barely any time to do anything as kaido's already moved and is able to blitz his movement speed

precog users are easily able to dodge infinite speed... As they can time it and dodge before it even happens by knowing where and when it will happen, so yes future sight especially with some who is skilled in fighting has a huge advantage... tho at some point there will/can be an instance where you're cornered and while you're seeing the future... The person has already moved meaning if that person can blitz your movement speed you will get tagged as you saw the future too late

Now it's about deku vs shanks... A shanks that can see the future and has amped reaction speed can easily time a divine departure even if deku is faster or much faster

I've now went too in depth for something that doesn't even matter as shanks still has his aoe con haki

Last edited:
Your comparisons are wrong, yes it's true that if your body isn't fast enough... No matter how fast you're reaction speed is or how much you see/know the future, you'll get tagged at some point... Especially close range when they can fully blitz your movement speed

Whenever there's 2 users who both can use amped reaction speed and precog, it gets quite tricky as they can negate some aspects of your ability by either looking at the future more or spamming it faster/better than the other

So even if luffy saw kaido was going to move and attack, kaido could also already see luffy dodging that in the future, giving luffy barely any time to do anything as kaido's already moved and is able to blitz his movement speed

precog users are easily able to dodge infinite speed... As they can time it and dodge before it even happens by knowing where and when it will happen, so yes future sight especially with some who is skilled in fighting has a huge advantage... tho at some point there will/can be an instance where you're cornered and while you're seeing the future... The person has already moved meaning if that person can blitz your movement speed you will get tagged as you saw the future too late

Now it's about deku vs shanks... A shanks that can see the future and has amped reaction speed can easily time a divine departure even if deku is faster or much faster

I've now went too in depth for something that doesn't even matter as shanks still has his aoe con haki
You would be a good One Piece supporter.

The point was that you can dodge attacks WAY faster than you via precog if your Precog is A. Good enough and B. You're skilled enough

Why is this thread even going on right now.

Shanks cuts off Danger Sense, his future sight negs and the AP gap is a one shot for people on Deku’s level (see Captain Useless Mid)

Deku can’t use Gearshift because Shanks is the faster character so that would just make the match invalid for adding.

Voting Shanks.

Future sight beats Deku's danger sense by a long shot, and he has nothing to stop conquerer's haki

You’re not getting my point. You’re just reiterating what future sight does.

Having future sight doesn’t make you unstoppable, if someone’s too fast for you to react then even if you can see into the future, you’re still gonna get hit with the attack.

This literally happened in Luffy vs Kaido.

Shanks can win via conq Haki sure but I’m just bringing in the point that future sight isn’t an instant game over in the fight with prior knowledge.
i get what you're saying but shanks literally incapacitated kidd and jumped from being on the island to kidd's ship in the span of like a few seconds. The distance he caught up to kidd was nuts. And it was an instant one shot he didn't give him time to attack lol. You underestimate shank's speed. I'm not saying deku is slow but shanks is just too much still even for current deku. Although I do believe current deku would still give even shanks slight trouble cause deku is smart he is going to sense from shank's haki that shanks isnt an opponent you can rush into and one shot so there is a slight chance if you give deku prep time but even then i feel like shanks if he's serious in a fight would still hold his own and eventually stomp from the many battles he's been through as he's wayy older and more experienced than deku in combat. Deku is still learning and growing.

Last edited:
What are the votes? I have not been paying attention.
Deku can’t use Gearshift because Shanks is the faster character so that would just make the match invalid for adding.
That doesn't make it inarguable here. Just makes the math un addable sure, but it can still be debated.

Ok I would say this, Deku is going to have to utilize Fajin, Gear shift and one for all in a smart way here if he wants any sort of small chance of even winning at least lol. If he somehow miraculously touches shanks its over for sure. But hear me out, Deku has to touch the opponent for them to get affected. Shanks' future sight is a major problem as deku would not be able to touch shanks cause of that in the first place lol. Shanks would not let deku touch him if he realizes this.. hence the reason i said Deku needs prep time and ALOOOOT of prep time too. But me...i vote shanks....Sole reason being he's more experienced and been through alooot more battles. Also shanks would quickly realize deku's gear shift ability an how it work due to either deku using it on an object / himself and shanks utilizing observation haki....shanks would also debuff deku by cancelling his danger sense then it's an intant GG's lol. Gear shift is like a foxy type power tbh lol.

Last edited:
Every one of Deku's Quirks, other than Smokescreen and Danger Sense, would provide an advantage over Shanks. However, each Haki provides Shanks with at least 3 advantages.

Black-Whip can't do much, Shanks can counter Gear-shift and probably also skill stomps given that he's comparable to Mihawk who scales astronomically above Zoro in terms of skill.

Basically everything Deku has, Shanks has the right answer for.

The only real chance I see Deku having is using all 3 of his speed amps, including Blackwhip slingshot, at once. He kinda gets butchered otherwise, Shanks has probably seen something similar to every ability he has.

Not even sure if the speed amps would do anything considering Katakuri was still able to dodge attacks from Snakeman Luffy who was vastly faster than him with his Kenbunshoku and Shanks has better Kenbunshoku than Kata.

Not even sure if the speed amps would do anything considering Katakuri was still able to dodge attacks from Snakeman Luffy who was vastly faster than him with his Kenbunshoku and Shanks has better Kenbunshoku than Kata.
Idk if Shanks has been stated to be a Kenbun god yet, but I could see it.

^ Shanks literally saw the future long enough to see his entire fleet being decimated by Kidd.

The only way to stop Shanks' conqueror's Haki is to have a massive willpower, but not casual or merely supernatural willpower. In One Piece willpower is basically a source of power, will and fighting spirit/power are synonymous. To master haki, extreme willpower is required and characters without mastery of Haki (Thiller Bark Luffy and Sanji) were already able to resist mind/soul control; induction of madness and possession with willpower alone. Shanks managed to paralyze a Marine Admiral (a haki master and top-tier in verse) with a single release of his conqueror's, Deku wouldn't be any different in the slightest as Shanks starts with It.

This fight is stomp in Shanks' favor.

There is a limit to how much precognition can help someone avoid attacks from a person. At some point a person will be so fast that every time someone moves 1 cm his opponent can move 100 meters. At that speed the precog character is moving so slow that nothing they do can matter. Unless they have special hax or whatever.

This does not apply with attack speed, as precog and aim dodging can even avoid attacks with Infinite Speed. That's because their opponent's perception/reactions aren't scaling to the attack. But in Izuku's case with Gear Shift, his perception/reactions are increased to such a degree that people on par with him are not moving in comparison. Second Gear Izuku was able to run up to Shigaraki and punch him in the stomach, while he was "frozen" in the middle of a jump.

And he can increase his speed even further by multiple amounts. Snakeman Luffy against Katakuri is nowhere close to Gear Shift's speed, at least going by the profiles. Even when Shigaraki tried to predict Izuku's movement's since he couldn't see perceive him, and he still failed to land a hit on him.

Shigaraki's prediction was correct and would've hit Izuku had he kept on that path. But Izuku saw his slow attack coming and used Gear Shift to avoid it. Since he can move through space while ignoring the laws of inertia, Izuku's movements are incredibly unnatural. Letting him stop, turn, and accelerate to top speed basically instantly.

However, Izuku still gets stomped here as explained above. From what Ryuga and others have said, Izuku just gets knocked out from Shanks' Haki. This appears to be hax that ignores speed, since it's an AOE thing around him for a certain distance. So even if Shanks gave him the time to use Gear Shift, it wouldn't matter.

There is no debate here, since Izuku has zero chance. So basically my entire point above is a needless nitpick that no one asked for, yeah I'm just weird during this time of day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back