• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Shalltear bloodfallen (Overlord) vs Wiz (Konosuba)

remember to include the characters in the topics of vs threads as well

what does Wiz start with?

Shalltear is prob just gonna attack with her lance to start, which inflicts instant death, and i don't see resistance to death manip for Wiz

Apeironaxim said:
Shalltear is prob just gonna attack with her lance to start, which inflicts instant death, and i don't see resistance to death manip for Wiz
Shalltear's lance doesn't inflict instant death. It drains HP.

What is Shalltear's "standard" gear in this match? Hear dress or armor?

I admit I have skimmed through Wiz' abilities and I have only watched the konosuba anime and movie, so my arguments might seem biased.

From what I know about these two, I think Shalltear has a big advantage with her battle build which can fight from a distance with holy attacks (Wiz' weakness), close range with a HP draining lance (works on undead) and can summon a strong golem version of herself (Einherjar). Wiz is a wizard build who seems specialized in ice magic, which Shalltear has resistance to. Shalltear can also teleport.

I vote for Shalltear.

It actually does induce instant death from volume two when talking about an ancient hero that ainz surmises was a cursed night "the fatal blade Sfeiz, which could kill with the merest scratch," Ainz beleives these swords actually were just the innate abilities of the cursed knight class. The same class that shalltear is.

Further wiz is only 7c with one attack and her dura is even lower, she's get's one shot by shalltear. This is a stomp.

How does beating down work against someoneveith High Regen?

I'm unsure what she can do, I only know her from Wiz vs Cole

Well she's only got eight a dura so not much it just doesn't seem she has any way to harm shalltear and shalltear can just keep wailing on her (Made even worse by shalltears lance and limitless stamina...) Her power null should work but shalltears still physically far above her and has limitless stamina...

Well unfortunatly we haven't seen shalltear use any soul destruction (Even if she did wiz resist) but wiz doesn't have the means to harm shalltear either... I think tgoalid would probably work as it could kill oxygen somehow but she doesn't have that either.

what stops Shalltear from just poking her for long enough to incap

especially because she doesn't even have to do it herself, she can just summon Einherjar which has the same stats as Shalltear, allowing Shalltear to sit back and use any magic or skills to kill Wiz if she escapes or manages to start landing hits on it

Wiz is not resistant to death manipulation. Shalltear hits her and she dies. Only low-godly regen or higher bypasses death manipulation, iirc.

Even if that doesn't work, Shalltear can just take turns incapacitating Wiz with the help of her Einherjar. Shalltear's lance will also keep healing her, keeping her topped off.

Wiz does have type 7 immortality though which should make her immune to shalltears death manip, saying that both these characters are immortal physically tireless beings. Shalltear has much higher dura/attack potency but wiz has regen that shalltear can't deal with. Wiz is only 7c with her highest/most powerful technique and even assuming it's enough to damage shalltear, shalltear can just heal up with her lance.

Im leaning on incon at the moment, neither of them will die and unless wiz regen takes a while shalltear cant incap her for long enough to win. So it's an eternal struggle of shalltear wailing on wiz and wiz being unable to do anything meaningful to counter it. (If outside help were allowed shalltear would probably drag wiz to nazerick for experiments but thats not so.)

FDrybob said:
Wiz is not resistant to death manipulation. Shalltear hits her and she dies. Only low-godly regen or higher bypasses death manipulation, iirc.

Even if that doesn't work, Shalltear can just take turns incapacitating Wiz with the help of her Einherjar. Shalltear's lance will also keep healing her, keeping her topped off.
This isn't true anymore but Shalltear doesn't need it

The pen or the sword said:
Im leaning on incon at the moment, neither of them will die and unless wiz regen takes a while shalltear cant incap her for long enough to win. So it's an eternal struggle of shalltear wailing on wiz and wiz being unable to do anything meaningful to counter it. (If outside help were allowed shalltear would probably drag wiz to nazerick for experiments but thats not so.)
incon can be achieved by just killing them for like 24 hours and not letting them do anything, so Shalltear could prob just sit there with Einherjar and incap

Apeironaxim said:
The pen or the sword said:
incon can be achieved by just killing them for like 24 hours and not letting them do anything, so Shalltear could prob just sit there with Einherjar and incap
That isnt considered incap unless the killing is passive

feel like i've seen vs threads where it includes being able to just kill them before they can do anything over and over

Light of Saber negs dura, I dunno why it has it's own tier actually huh.

Yunyu's page mentions how it negates durability and that definitely is how it works, so Wiz's LoS while more potent shouldn't really have it's own tier.

Probably cause the highest dura it's negged is 7c, (only thing I can think of...) Saying that unless it can actually oneshot shalltear it's really not going to help here due to shalltears healing lance and wiz limited supply of mana (I know its large but it's not infinite and unlike shalltear she cant fall back on her physicallity to help her...)

LoS as a spell is stated to cut through anything, and it's shown to negate durability because the strongest destructive spell that is Explosion can't do shit to the Demon King's barrier (it takes several dozen hits for Megumin's explosion to tear it down) but a much much weaker Light of Saber is capable of easily cutting through the barrier without an issue.

So, that's just weird.

Light of Saber despite negating durability is still a cut. Shalltear having mid regen should bypass it unless Wiz spams it to high heaven.

Edwardtruong2006 said:
Light of Saber despite negating durability is still a cut. Shalltear having mid regen should bypass it unless Wiz spams it to high heaven.
Fair shalltear was able to regen and react when her head was split in half so I sorta doubt wiz will be able to do enough damage in time before shalltear heals/summons her enhirhafasdf whatever thing. (Even cutting off her head pretty sure shalltear can use her time reverasal skill as it's been shown magic/skills can still be active after the head is removed)

also she could reverse time on the wound up to 3 times until she gets in a position to start constantly one shotting her

also if Shalltear was really pressed, she could just go into her Mist form, which puts her in a different space and let her Einherjer do some work

Actually wait I forgot that frog's scene is different in the novel.

Yunyun used Light of Saber which splits the frog in half, no explosion necessary, then they used energy ignition (Heat Manip) to blow up the frogs from the inside out.

Light of Saber wouldn't kill Shalltear, it's just a cut. Energy Ignition however has a chance of killing Shalltear as that also negates durability and I don't see resistance to heat manip on Shalltear's profile?

she resist fire at least

also, does it explode or just make fire spawn inside?

these are 2 very different results

Explode, straight up explode.

It's definitely not Wiz's first move though (she only gets it through scaling to Yunyun), her first moves are either Curses, Ice Manip, or Light of Saber.

ok, cause the description on her profile just says spontanteous combustion and having fire pour outside of them, not exploding completely

Edwardtruong2006 said:
Explode, straight up explode.
It's definitely not Wiz's first move though (she only gets it through scaling to Yunyun), her first moves are either Curses, Ice Manip, or Light of Saber.
So what are the odds she even pulls it out while getting destroyed physically then?

idk she'll probably pull it out eventually but she's not going to use it all too quickly. Her schtick is being the Ice Lich, not the Fire Lich.

Back