• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Ant was okay with the upgrade, that’s the reason why I proceeded.
You'd rather given a misleading context that the staff accepted Architect's and Shadow's R>F transcendence which isn't the case. Suppose that's where his comment "so maybe you can upgrade to Low 1-C first, and wait until later with anything further?" came from.
By “regular characters”, he meant the other underworld characters who didn’t directly contribute to the event, only shadow and architect have strong proof to get to Low 1-C, ant knows it. If it still isn’t accepted, my apologies, I didn’t know it.
It's fine. I already asked Ant to clarify his stance, be patient, please.

You'd rather given a misleading context that the staff accepted Architect's and Shadow's R>F transcendence which isn't the case. Suppose that's where his comment "so maybe you can upgrade to Low 1-C first, and wait until later with anything further?" came from.
It might look misleading at first glance, but note that this is after his previous inputs, where his only objection to the thread was about the regular characters getting to Low 1-C through RE, if he really disagreed with the entire thread, he would’ve been straightforward with it, like about the regular characters (Atleast that’s what I was thinking). But regardless, let’s hear it from him then.

I think that the Architect can probably get Low 1-C in his natural state beyond the confines of his self-insert avatar, but that his self-insert avatar should strictly scale to the game characters that he fought and lost against.

I think that the Architect can probably get Low 1-C in his natural state beyond the confines of his self-insert avatar, but that his self-insert avatar should strictly scale to the game characters that he fought and lost against.
I too would agree to it, if it isn’t for this one detail, that is, unlike other writer figures, Architect physically breaks the 4th wall (barrier btw fiction and reality) and enters the world of sf2 from his sound stage (real world), which hinders the possibility of him having any avatars, what’s your opinion on this?
Also, thanks for clarifying your input!

I think that his in-verse powers seem much more limited relative to the verse than when he is in his own higher home reality, similarly to the Monitor brothers of DC Comics.

I think that his in-verse powers seem much more limited relative to the verse than when he is in his own higher home reality, similarly to the Monitor brothers of DC Comics.
Architect didn't get weaker when he entered his fictionary-work, it's just the implication of Shadow power is constantly getting stronger (As the dialogue implies that Shadow can reject Architect's power)

But OP can explain it better than me

I think that his in-verse powers seem much more limited relative to the verse than when he is in his own higher home reality
Well, while it is completely reasonable to conclude with that (as there are many similar examples to it, like the monitors), things here are a little different. Architect still maintains his writer-like authority and power over his characters, additionally, we can see him making puppeteer and shadow (shadow is mute) talk what he wants with a mere thought. Suggesting us that he didn’t get weaker as he entered the verse by breaking the 4th wall.

So would it be reasonable to conclude it was Reality equalization? (Only for shadow, excluding all other characters on the thread)

I think so, yes, given that if it wasn't in effect, or The Architect was just letting Shadow beat him by playing along with his own script, he could just have erased the entire setting that he created with a thought.

For example, if I remember correctly, Grant Morrison allowed Animal Man to beat a in-universe avatar of himself to death, only to pop up another avatar right afterwards while continuing to talk about the plot conventions of his story.

For example, if I remember correctly, Grant Morrison allowed Animal Man to beat a in-universe avatar of himself to death, only to pop up another avatar right afterwards while continuing to talk about the plot conventions of his story.
well. there are some differences, yes, Shadow beats Architect just like how animal man beats Grant Morrison, but the "Real world" (from where architect comes from) is actually open to shadow while the fight takes place, as you can see in this video, Animal man fights a in-verse avatar of his writer who has no connection to the "real world" as he exists in the final heaven, but in our case, Shadow fights his writer, who broke the 4th wall and walked from his sound stage (real world) directly into the world of shadow fight 2, and the "path back to the real world" was open during the entire fight, the "real world" was right next to shadow during the entire fight, which is why it is most likely to be reality equalization, as Reality equalization is also tied close to Reality-Fiction Transcendence (stated on the page). However, this will grant shadow Low 1-C tier for only this event, as architect leaves the world of sf2 and doesn't return back at all. which is why a separate key for this event will be created (if reality equalization is accepted).

It's fine. I already asked Ant to clarify his stance, be patient, please.
Hey, sorry to bother you, but can you ping ant again?
but the "Real world" (from where architect comes from) is actually open to shadow while the fight takes place, as you can see in this video
Because this right here is the most important detail, and I’d like to hear ant’s input on it. (And yours too, if possible) Thanks!

Back