• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Settling the Score: Jiraiya VS. Itachi

Jiraiya is the trash man, but i love him. Itachi is the trash boy but i love him too. Let's do this. Jiraiya starts in base, and this is Pre-death Itachi (no edo shit). Jiraiya CAN access sage mode, but keep in mind that both are in character. Fight takes place in Amegakure, speed is equalized (I think they're in the same speed, but i'm not sure)

Who will win between the crow of Akatsuki and the Toad Sage? Let's find out.

Jiraiya:

Itachi:

Inconclusive:

Jiraiya. Itachi in Part 1 states that he would (at best) tie against Jiraiya with assistance. In Part 2 Itachi has access to Susanoo which could put the fight in his favor but he is also likely weaker due to his illness and the Susanoo accelerates it (along with Mangekyou strain screwing his eyesight).

Jiraiya has access to summons, genjutsu, rasengan and can easily access Sage Mode with the aid of his summons. Sage Mode would grant him a massive advantage over P1 Itachi. P2 Itachi (who is already outdone sensory wise due to his Mangekyou strain + illness) would be massively stomped in this regard by all of the sensory aspects of Sage Mode.

An argument could be made for Itachi's Tsukiyomi but Jiraiya already knows about it and would be more than capable of avoiding it with the aid of clones, summons and simple experience advantage.

Overall I can only really see Itachi winning this with Susanoo. The issue is that Jiraiya's only real elemental techniques are fire and some water with his toad summons. The rest of Jiraiya's techniques have no affinity and as such the Yata Mirror wouldn't be particularly useful. I don't believe we have ever seen the Yata Mirror interact with Senjutsu so that's a totally different argument to get into.

Itachi's absolute best option here is the Sword of Totsuka but Jiraiya (with Sage Mode) would almost certainly be capable of evading it or using a simple substitution to dodge it (Itachi being nearly dead with his senses screwed by failing health) and could simply outlast Itachi.

Itachi wins imo. He beat Sasuke when holding back and taking several hits on purpose, then he beat Orochimaru who is supposed to be Jiraya's equal after he came out to afterward, then he sustained susanno for a good time when Sasuke recovered to showing he still had gas in the tank. So he has beaten somebody on Jirayas calibur even when injured and drained after the Sssuke battle (albeit Orochimaru did not get the chance to use sage mode, but theres a good chance he would not give Jiraya a chance if possible to).

Also Jiraya doesn't know what Itachi has in terms of susanoo and it's items so won't expect them, mangekyou can also one shot, and izinami could also do the trick, and izanagi could give Itachi a second chance if he does almost take an L. Sure Itachi might severly cripple himself in the fight if he has to resort to these later moves, but hes dying so would likely go all out to win, and any one of the moves can one shot, while Jiraya is not as likely to just one shot as itachi is very cautious and future thinking, even more so than Jiraya, Jiray's moves are mostly somewhat telegraphed like a Giant toad summon or huge energy ball justsu, and Itachi always has a second chance with izinagi if it comes to using his eye up.

So i'm gonna say itachi wins most likely.

I personally think this wouldn't even be a fair fight.

Unless jiraiya has Ma Pa and starts off in sage mode (which would mever actually happen withiut prep)

Back